Fantasy 2014 Opening Day Compiled Pricing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 12th - week before Easter
2A 2K 11C 5,110 - Ouch - I don't know if I will keep this but I am doing it.

I am not happy with this price at all. I was expecting much lower like 3K

Really? You expected a high season rate to be $3000 for a 7-night? Spring break use to cost more than mid summer. After the pricing glitch was corrected for 2013 the week before Easter was about the same as the 2014 prices. There wasn't an 11C available after the glitch, but an 11A 2A2K [12, 14] was 5384.40 for that week in 2013 -- so it would have been about the same. I would suggest that you look into altering your reservation because for another $552 you can have an 8D with a porthole and more room.

I know, but with the prices yesterday I was worried. :)

I have checked all of the quotes I got on the phone yesterday with the website this morning and every single one in April, June, July and August are the exact same price on the Fantasy. That includes the week before Easter, which had nothing available below a cat 5 after noon on opening day for 4 people last year for 2013 dates.

Should I book online today or wait to book on my cruise this coming March? What are the benefits of booking onboard the ship? -I can't remember ????

Should I book online today or wait to book on my cruise this coming March? What are the benefits of booking onboard the ship? -I can't remember ????

10% off + OBC. Not sure what to recommend. I will be cruising in March too and will wait but that's because a 2014 cruise unfortunately isn't in my budget.

I would think the price will go up more than what you would save by booking on board by March. I booked last February (for Easter 2013) and the price was still very close to day 1 booking, but within 6 weeks it had gone up considerably. I think that was a bit of an anomaly though because I booked right before the Fantasy got a lot of media attention and probably before a lot of people had finalized spring break dates for 2013.

I am a happy happy person this morning!!! My TA just moved our May2013 to May2014 ....

May 17/14 Eastern 2A 2K(10,12) Cat 4c $5066.08 with onboard booking discount, all taxes, no transfers or insurance

Was of course hoping for less but since I had booked the May2013 in May2012, I am actually saving money ...:scared1:shocking I know!!! lol Its only about $150 but I was braced for a huge shock. Now I had really wanted to book the May31 as it's my dd's birthday but that's so not worth the over $750 more!

Is it wrong to LOVE your TA .... Karen from www.SmallWorldvacations.com is the BEST!

8/30/14
9D
2A1K 1169/1169/350
Ground transfers from terminal to airport, no air or insurance
Total = $3019.96

I just wanted to share as the first person who posted in this thread that the price has not changed for our 4B on 12July14 from yesterday morning to today. It is exactly the same.

RE: May 24 quote

Oops! Sorry, the second room is only one adult, one child.

Hope that helps!

Fantasy Western - Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth and Castaway Cay
May 24, 2014
1A, 1K (13 yrs old)
Category 11C (cheapest inside!!) :sad2:
$2832.64
No discounts, no insurance, no transfers

I have it on hold; not sure I want to pay that much for an inside cabin....:confused3 Gonna think about that one.

Priced with OBB discount...
Ours for one cat 4D came to about $6600
Two cat 6B came to about $7360
Two cat 8D came to about $5840

Not sure what to do...we sailed the same week western In 2012 and it was about $5800 for VGT. I may go ahead with moving us to the 2 8D rooms or just wait for a discount later. No way I am paying for the two cat 6Bs at that price!

For further perspective....I could move our OBB right now to the same week in 2013 and it would be about $7260 in 2 cat 5Es. Guess there is no benefit to booking early!

havaneselover said:
10% off + OBC. Not sure what to recommend. I will be cruising in March too and will wait but that's because a 2014 cruise unfortunately isn't in my budget.

I would think the price will go up more than what you would save by booking on board by March. I booked last February (for Easter 2013) and the price was still very close to day 1 booking, but within 6 weeks it had gone up considerably. I think that was a bit of an anomaly though because I booked right before the Fantasy got a lot of media attention and probably before a lot of people had finalized spring break dates for 2013.

Thank you! We are going on the Wonder this Spring Break (2013). I wanted to book the Fantasy March 22, 2014. OMG not in my budget! I have been thinking about booking with Royal. I don't know what to do. :sosad

DahliaRW said:
Fantasy Western 1/18/2014
2A, 3C (4, 6, 9)
Category 8D
$4928.75
Cruise only

(I don't think the price is bad at all!)

Boy do I wish we could cruise in January!

We were almost on board with you :) ... the week prior to Easter instead of the week after so I quickly changed it to the 4/12 departure ...

You're on board with us now - I think April 12th is about $440 higher than April 19th - because most schools have off the week BEFORE Easter (not after).

May 17 2014 Eastern, 2A cat 8A = $2873.24 w/OBB
Happy with that price, $197 more than the Western we had booked for May 2013. Better than I was expecting after reading along yesterday, glad we don't have to vacation in the summer. I may try to move it to fall after the new dates come out.

Really? You expected a high season rate to be $3000 for a 7-night? Spring break use to cost more than mid summer. After the pricing glitch was corrected for 2013 the week before Easter was about the same as the 2014 prices. There wasn't an 11C available after the glitch, but an 11A 2A2K [12, 14] was 5384.40 for that week in 2013 -- so it would have been about the same. I would suggest that you look into altering your reservation because for another $552 you can have an 8D with a porthole and more room.

I guess I am still kicking myself for not jumping on the glitch! I should have been on top of things last year - uggggggh!!!!!! I thought the pricing would start the same way this year as last - where it started aroun 3K and jumped up - Boy was I wrong!

The porthole and more room are not worth $552 to me.. I am not rich.

Ok - here is our break down:

4/12/14 Fantasy Western
Cat 5E
2A, 1C (10) $4612.35 ($1776.60/$1776.60/$812.70) - includes OBB
No Ins/Transfers/Air

This will hopefully be our Spring Break (school calendar not out yet :scared1:) and I already switched from the 4/19/12 Eastern to this in hopes I get the timing right. For those interested, the 4/19/12 Eastern that would include Easter Sunday on 4/20/12 was actually about $400 cheaper. I'd prefer the Eastern, but need to stick to the school calendar.

It was definitely a lot cheaper than summer so I'm trying to remain optimistic about the price in general! :rotfl2:

Heather

You're on board with us now - I think April 12th is about $440 higher than April 19th - because most schools have off the week BEFORE Easter (not after).

WOOHOO! Yep, funny I just posted than in my price post above. ;)

We typically have the week *after* Easter off so I originally booked the 4/19 sailing...then I googled the school calendar because I remembered there were 3 options out there for people to vote on and sure enough, it appears the 3 choices for Spring Break in 2014 is the week *prior* to Easter so I had to quickly change the cruise to 4/12/14 before I hung up. I just pray this is the week so we can settle in and count down and pay it off!

Heather

I moved a 2013 Easter Cruise to 2014 Easter

Had discount and reduced deposit from onboard booking. Plus 200.00 obc

April 19, 2014 7 nite Fantasy
Cat 4D - Deluxe Family Oceanview w/Verandah
3 adults 1 child(14)

Total with Insurance and taxes:
$6,125.50

Deposit: $536.76

(was trying for July but too much money!!!)

We're booked in a 5A for April 12th, no OBB, transfers or ins for 2A/1C, $5377. $2114 each adult, $903 for the 9 yr old.

Its a lot of money, but spring break always is. I was hoping for under $5K but this is close. We've never been able to go spring break week because its usually either sold out or $8K. So I am mildly happy...especially since I have a year and a half to pay it off.

I also asked her to look into June 28th, which is the week we went this year, and it was over $6700 for a 5A. We did a VGT about 65 days out and paid $4200 for the same category. Maybe I'll go cruise with Shrek on the Allure that week instead. We'll see when they release the rest of the year's prices on RCCL.

WOW. Just priced out Fantasy for March 8th, 2014. Same week we have booked for 2013 (spring break), same Cat. 6A. Cruise is $1000 higher than what we booked for 2013. 5k for 2A2C. That is a 25% price increase. I know my salary hasn't gone up 25%.

Problem is having now done a longer cruise, the 3/4 night runs to Nassau (yuck!!) just aren't appealing.

4/12/14 Fantasy Western
Cat 5E
2A, 1C (10) $4612.35 ($1776.60/$1776.60/$812.70) - includes OBB
No Ins/Transfers/Air

....It was definitely a lot cheaper than summer so I'm trying to remain optimistic about the price in general! :rotfl2:

Heather

I guess that is what makes the 4/12/14 price tollerable. It is so much less than the July dates that we would need to book so DS doesn't miss school. Hoping we will be able to go, but not counting on it. I did book the bigger room just in case because these kids sure aren't getting any smaller. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter