Fantasy 12/26/2015 -01/2/2016

As this is our first time doing the FE we were wondering about gift ideas and price range if anyone has some advice ?

It is really whatever you want it to be. Some people give little trinkets or handmade items, some candy. Some people give one item per cabin, others give something small to each person. It is more about the fun of coming back to your cabin and finding little treats, and wandering the ship seeing other parts of the ship and other decorated doors while you deliver your gifts. There are lots of threads on ideas, best gifts received, worst gift received, etc. Remember - everyone has different tastes so just do what you would enjoy receiving and what is within your budget. Have fun with it!

3MouseLovers: Post with your cabin #. So we can leave you stuff at your door.

Our list so far:
Mitch, Urania, Helen (9), Allen (7) 6582
Jennifer, Kevin, Ryan (Girl - 10), Anna (also girl - 8) 7570
Graeme (33) and Jenn (33) 5688
Jay (adult)Rebecca (adult)Millie (7 year old girl)Michaela (7 year old girl) 6510
Garners: Robert, Ann and daughter Sally (17) ________

Hi everyone - can you tell me a little about you? favorite characters? Any allergies? etc.
Thanks!

1. Our list so far:
    Jay (adult)Rebecca (adult)Millie (7 year old girl)Michaela (7 year old girl) 6510
    Garners: Robert, Ann and daughter Sally (17) 7506

Updated to show Garners.
Our kids like Frozen (sisters, our son likes Olaf), D also likes nail polish, ear rings, S likes Baymax, Star Wars sticky notes, pocket flash lights). We're pretty easy. If you just want to do one gift for whole family, that's fine, too. Urania and I don't have anything we particularly want, but if you bring a mini-bottle of booze or a cigar, I will "take care" of those and maybe share some with Big Mama.

Let us know your likes/wants==

Our kids like Frozen (sisters, our son likes Olaf), D also likes nail polish, ear rings, S likes Baymax, Star Wars sticky notes, pocket flash lights). We're pretty easy. If you just want to do one gift for whole family, that's fine, too. Urania and I don't have anything we particularly want, but if you bring a mini-bottle of booze or a cigar, I will "take care" of those and maybe share some with Big Mama.

Thanks, Mitch. We are a Disney/Star Wars loving family - just about anything goes. My girls are currently doing a little Jungle Book musical - they love a lot of the older movies b/c of plays - Aristocats, 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, etc. My husband and I do, too. Well - we like the movies - we don't do musicals - although I did karaoke a Jungle Book song on our last cruise - so you never know... No allergies in our cabin (thankfully). And Kevin and I would not be offended if alcohol showed up in our FE :)

I wish I could bring everyone mini's of Flor de Cana rum from my wife's native country, Nicaragua. I was worried about breakage, but maybe I can find some. Would love to hear your karaoke, preferably after a few Flor de C's.

1. Our list so far:
    Garners: Robert, Ann and daughter Sally (17) 7506

Updated to show Garners.

Cabin 6510: So I am a total female villain fan and all of the kick(_|_) princesses who can take care of themselves (Merida, Mulan, Tiana). My husband Jay likes Figment, Timon, Pumba and Remy. My girls are at this odd stage of 7 going on 20 where they really aren't into the princesses and yet they totally are... Merida and Tiana are favorites of Millie's and Michaela likes Elsa/Anna/Rapunzel. My husband and I are great with booze and he'd be happy with a surprise cigar, too... Mitch, you might have a cigar buddy one night. We're really good with anything our FE friends decide to do and can't wait for all of the fun and surprises.

We were down in Nicaragua for 3 weeks in July. Rum and cigars, Baby! I'll have to figure something out for your DH, Rebecca. Can't promise rum, but I did ask my wife's neice who is coming back today from Nic. to see if she could bring back some mini bottles. 50/50 on that at this point. It'll be a surprise!

Is anyone interested in a mixology class? I have contacted DCL to set one up for one of the sea days. We have 10 so far in the group, so we need a few more to fill it out! I did one on a prior cruise and had a lot of fun.

Jenn y Rebecca, got your kids' fe today, I think they will be desperately happy. Jay will be stunned. Still working on you ladies but Christmas is still a thimg for us the week of our cruise, so I aim to deliver for you as well. I hope the kids don't want the other's, but that is why we parents get combat pay.

Have no ideas about 17 year old girls or her 'rents or 30 somethings, so get crackin' you others.

If anyone else wants in to fe with us you better get in soon, the unbelievable deals won't last. Or my credit limit.

Did I mention I am an over-planner?

Anyone know if DCL's new alcohol policy means no gifting small bottles of rum? I'm guessing that is the case?

I didn't realize there was a change. so I looked into it a bit. Sent DCL a complaint email.

If appears to limit alcohol beer and wine.

My inclination is to go all pirate and try to smuggle in. I can't remember what they do when you go thru security--I guess they do a metal detector. I might just spread the mini's around the bags to try to confuse 'em.

My impression is that we can't bring on the mini's at all. I assume the cruise line x-rays bags before bringing them on the ship. I am unsure if they really check every bag. Does anyone know?

Excursions: So I just booked the Dolphin Royal Swim in Cozumel through Cozumel Insider. I found recommendations here on the DIS Board for this group, but please delete this if I'm not supposed to post it. It was cheaper than booking through Disney - especially since it counts my small 10 year old as a child, rather than an adult. I'm leaning towards just finding a beach at Grand Cayman - and then maybe ziplining in Jamaica if I can get up the nerve. Has anyone booked yet? Any concierge in this group? Anyone else have a wishlist of what they want to book?

Hi everyone! We just let our four children know we booked the cruise! After much debate, we will be celebrating New Years on the Fantasy! We are two adults and four "kids" (really only two kids now), ages 21, 19 (will turn 20 on the ship), 14, and 8. We are Platinum cruisers but the younger two never go to the kids club...but are willing to give it a try this time so we are hoping to find like-aged kids for them. We are also checking out excursions and have a few good ones in mind. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter