Fantasmic second show questions

Dizzy4DL

Happiest when I have a countdown
We'll be at DL on August 23rd (my mom's 60th b-day), and want to see the second show at 10:45. We can't do a dining package because of very difficult dietary restrictions.
1. When should I head over to grab FP's? I know they'll be handing out 1st show FP's first thing in the morning, but I don't want to wait so long that I get bad second show FP's. Or does the color really matter in the long run?
2. When should we arrive for the show? I know they'll have to clear the first show out before letting us in.

(BTW: I already looked at Hydroguy, etc. Fantasmic thread(s):thumbsup2)

I don't know the answers to your questions, but thought I would bump this back to the first page for you. :)

We wanted to do World of Color Show second showing last week, but when we went for Fast Passes, they were still giving out first show passes. CM at the machines said because second show is always less crowded, they would honor our first show Fast Passes for second show (which they did).

Don't know if the same holds true for Fantasmic or not.

I don't know the answers to your questions, but thought I would bump this back to the first page for you. :)

We wanted to do World of Color Show second showing last week, but when we went for Fast Passes, they were still giving out first show passes. CM at the machines said because second show is always less crowded, they would honor our first show Fast Passes for second show (which they did).

Don't know if the same holds true for Fantasmic or not.

Thanks! :goodvibes I'll ask them when I'm there.

From what it sounds like, unless you want a very specific location, there are outstanding viewing areas in all of the FP viewing areas. There are also mediocre and bad viewing spots within all of the viewing areas. So in that way, I don't know if it really matters which color you get.

From what it sounds like, unless you want a very specific location, there are outstanding viewing areas in all of the FP viewing areas. There are also mediocre and bad viewing spots within all of the viewing areas. So in that way, I don't know if it really matters which color you get.
That's what it sounds like to me as well. We'll just try our best for a decent spot. :)

Are the WOC and/or Fantasmic! fast passes connected to the system? (Can I grab them at anytime without losing out on a ride FP?)

Are the WOC and/or Fantasmic! fast passes connected to the system? (Can I grab them at anytime without losing out on a ride FP?)

They are disconnected, so they don't affect eligibility for other Fast Passes.

We'll be at DL on August 23rd (my mom's 60th b-day), and want to see the second show at 10:45. We can't do a dining package because of very difficult dietary restrictions.
1. When should I head over to grab FP's? I know they'll be handing out 1st show FP's first thing in the morning, but I don't want to wait so long that I get bad second show FP's. Or does the color really matter in the long run?
2. When should we arrive for the show? I know they'll have to clear the first show out before letting us in.

(BTW: I already looked at Hydroguy, etc. Fantasmic thread(s):thumbsup2)

Hopefully, I didn't miss this information--it would be helpful to know 1) if Fantasmic FP for first show is honored at second show or 2) the time during the day one should try to get Fantasmic second show FPs (we will be there on a Saturday). Thanks!

I was in the same situation on a Sunday in early June. I went by the FP machines in the morning and asked about getting FPs for the second show, and the CM said to come back at 2pm. At 2pm, they gave me a later time to come back. I think I went back one more time and got a still later estimate.

We had dinner reservations at Carthay Circle at 6:30pm, so I couldn't get back to the machines until 8:30-ish. They were actually closing up the machines then, but they did give me FPs for the 2nd show.

I don't know if the CMs were not very good at estimating, or if there was less demand than usual that day. (They never mentioned honoring the first show FPs for the second show to me, but that seems like it would have been a sensible option given that the FP areas for the second show were less than half full.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter