Fantasmic meal question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Masonmj84, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Masonmj84

Masonmj84 DIS Veteran

Thinking about getting an ADR for HBD around 6 pm on a day when Fantasmic will likely be scheduled for 9 pm.

While it's theoretically possible to get a 6 pm Fantasmic dinner package, I've found that, in practice, it's very difficult to book a Fantasmic ADR at HBD for this late (typically, only much earlier, i.e., lunch, time slots are available). On the other hand, getting a regular ADR at 6 pm at HDR is usually not a problem.

So my question is, if I really want to eat at HBD around 6 pm and can't get a Fantasmic dinner package for this time, can I just book a regular ADR and then ask the server if they have any passes for Fantasmic left (anyone ever tried this)? If so, what are my odds of getting one?

(FWIW, this is predicted to be a 3 day on the Touring Plans crowd calendar).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MHSweb79

MHSweb79 DIS Veteran

Sorry, but the priority seating tickets are ONLY given out as part of the Fantasmic dining package.

We've found that most of the times available for "dinner" are actually midafternoon. This is probably to avoid the scenario where you have to wait a long time before being seated, experience slow service or otherwise potentially finish too late to head over to the show.

4. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 Registered

I wish they would call it the 'Fantasmic Lunch Package.'

OP - you can certainly try but I'd not plan on it at all. If you're really wanting those reserved seats you should book the dinner package. Also as an aside since you didn't say when you're going, the dinner package only includes passes to the first Fantasmic show. Usually another reason why the seating is, at the latest, 4:45p.

5. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

I've gotten twice a 5:00 pm Fantasmic package at HBD when F is at 8 pm. I don't know if they have later ones for when Fantasmic is at 9 pm, but 5 pm is not a bad time to have dinner. Especially considering that it takes about 1.5 hours to go through app+entree+dessert.

6. mullysisters

mullysisters DIS Veteran

We could only get 3:35pm ADR for the Fantasmic package at HBD. I assume we will be ordering off the dinner menu? I think it's a bit ridiculous but hey, I didn't have to book it. I saw Fantasmic last February, went as a solo and had a great seat. I want my Dsis to see it on our next trip in Oct. The show is at 7:00pm I think.

7. Dani C

Dani C DIS Veteran

My HBD ressie is for 5:55 with the 9:00 Fantasmic, so don't give up.

8. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

HBD has the same menu all day long.