Fantasmic Dinner Package

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by bellaprincess98, May 21, 2008.

1. bellaprincess98

bellaprincess98 Mouseketeer

Hey Folks, I was wondering about the Fantasmic dinner package. Has anyone done this before? Would you recommend it?

I called last week and I was ready to do it but I hesitated about the time of dinner. The lastest dinner is at 5pm. Thats almost 4 hours before the actual show. which means we wouldnt be able to go and come back for a break at the hotel. (We are off site)

Do you think I should just skip it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Maverick Mike

Maverick Mike DIS Veteran

I would not recommend doing the package unless you are going during a very busy time of year. I have heard a few reviews that say that the seating is off to the far-right for those who have the FDP.

4. TLinden16

TLinden16 <marquee><font color=royalblue>Scotty and Ray at J

I'm going to move this over to our restaurant board for you. The folks over there will have great information for you!

5. UGAFan0829

UGAFan0829 DIS Veteran

We did the Fantasmic package on our trip last year. I know a lot of people say that it really isn't neccessary for the time of year that we were there (September), but I really didn't want to chance it, and I didn't want to spend valuable park time standing in line waiting to get in.
    We ate at the Brown Derby and had a very early dinner (around 4, I think.) After dinner, we were able to do lots of other stuff before having to head over for the show. We really liked not having to wait in line. Once we "checked in" at Oscar's, we were able to walk right in and sit down. We were seated to the right side, but I thought our seats were fine.

6. calypso*a*go-go

calypso*a*go-go <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We've done it twice and will do so again during our visit in August. The seating is to the far right, but there's an excellent view of the entire production and it was so nice going in about 1/2 and hour before it started vs. sitting there in the heat for an hour or more.

7. Tam1067

Tam1067 LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

We've done it twice, and we'll be doing it again this August. We always eat a TS meal anyway, so I see no real downside to booking the package except if you don't show, you get charged $10 per person.

We ate at Mama Melrose the last two years and really liked it. We're trying Brown Derby this year because my kids want to eat there (I'm not sure why but they do).

For us, eating a bit early, having some time to go on an attraction or two (or shop--that's what DD and I did last year) is much better than sitting on bleachers for an hour or more before the show.

The seats are fine, and they give you a small advantage in getting out of the stadium after the show, too.

8. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

We have done it four or five times now. It beats standing in line for 90 minutes prior to the show. We have done it with Hollywood & Vine (never again!) and Mama Melrose and will do so again this year in September for our visit with Mama Melrose. We did not care for Brown Derby the one time we were there and haven't tried it since. Although we'd like to try it again, the prices are too high and definitely not worth two table service credits to us.

The seats are on the right side of the arena and they are not bad at all (and it makes it easier getting out after the show is over).

9. Kristineamb

Kristineamb Disney Diva & Pop Tart

We've done it 3xs (each time @Hollywood & Vine.) Looking forward to trying Mama Melrose in September. One time we didn't use it, we were lucky to get a seat (granted, this was @Christmastime!) We think the seating is just fine and enjoy having the park to ourselves after dinner while everyone else lines up for a seat! :cutie:

10. love_mickey

love_mickey nina

If you don't mind me asking why not the brown derby was it the food service or what? Was thinking about going there this time wen we go in December.