Fantasmic Dining Package really worth it??

froggy922

Mouseketeer
My ADR window is coming up for our Sept 7-13 trip. On our DHS day, DH wants to do the F!DP so we won't have to wait as long for F!. If we do it, we would choose H&V. But I'm leaning toward Sci Fi and just going early to F!. I'd be willing to do the package if I knew having the F! Voucher was really with it. Thoughts?

It doesn't cost any extra, so if you're already planning to eat there it seems like a no brainer...

There is a set price for the Fantasmic Dining Package. I believe its 35.00 per person. You may choose either Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose, or Brown Derby (Higher $$ though). The price includes tickets to priority seating at Fantasmic 30 minutes before the show starts....otherwise you have to wait a lot longer in line to get a seat or go when it begins and risk not getting in.

H&V you pay for the buffet price, Brown Derby is A la carte, and MM is a price fixe menu...but there is no charge for the FDP itself...

I would probably select the restaurant that I really want even if it is not part of the plan. As you said .... just eat early. The regular line provides you with an opportunity to get better Fantasmic seats. Yes you will need to wait in line an hour before the show but if eating at Sci-Fi is a priority then it is worth it.

I just called and booked F!DP I was surprised at all of the availability. I booked the package because out of all of our trips I have never made it to see Fantasmic! Always seem to get distracted or caught up in everything else going on. This year I will not miss it! :cool1:

I don't think so, I would just eat where you want and arrive early. From the seating chart that I saw and from reviewing discussions in the past year, the reserved seating with the Fantasmic package isn't the best seating available. It is on the side of the auditorium. We really enjoyed the Sci-Fi more than we expected on our last trip, so much so, that we ate there a second time after grabbing a last minute lunch ADR. It was nice and quiet after a day at the parks.

We've done the F! package at MM twice and at HBD once during summer. We have also gone to F! without package in January. We prefer MM package for overall price and seating.

HBD was by far the best meal, but too expensive to be worth it. MM was a fine meal and had the advantage of getting to stadium just 30 min early. When we did Sci Fi without package, we arrived about 45 minutes early and were seated quite far back (behind at BTG).

But this summer, we are again going package-less and eating at Sci Fi, because we like the lower cost and because we don't like eating dinner in summer before 5pm. We will take our shakes to go, arrive early and enjoy them in the stadium.

Ive read recently that you still need to line up about 45 mins before the show in order to get a seat in the reserved section, as they open up the reserved section to the general public 30 mins before show time. If this is true, you don't gain much time by doing the package. I would eat where you want and then line up about an hour before the show.

FWIW - we usually opt for the standing room only section. We are two adults with no kids so it might be easier for us, but we walk in about 20 mins before show time, sit on the step until the show starts, stand for the 20 minute show, and slowly walk towards the exit as the show is wrapping up. Then we are able to make a quick exit and aren't stuck in a row of bleachers. F! is just ok to me so we are fine with doing it this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter