• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic-Attraction Wait Time-What is your Worst? Other Questions....

bytheblood

DIS Veteran
What is the longest you have had to wait in line for Fantasmic? We are visiting in June. And was it worth the wait?

How do they seat you for the attraction? Do they let you in and you can go wherever you would like or do you have to fill the seats row by row?

Isn't this an open stadium? So I guess the seating is concrete?

I've only been there once... and we walked in...

other than the fact it was freezing cold there and we sat in freaking water.. yeah it was worth it

We have waited about an hour (and sat in the middle) or gotten there 10 minutes before showtime and were all the way over to the left.

It depends on the season and the crowds. If they are bad, then you need to give yourself an hour or so OR do a "fantasmic" dinner ressie and you get a spot (at no extra charge) and can eat your dinner restfully at one of the nicer restaurants and then get a saved area to sit in.

We have small children, so the less wait the better. The time we waited an hour, we slowly doled out cookies and played games to pass the time, but for a 2 and 4 year old (at the end of a busy day), that is a long wait.

BTW - DEFINATELY worth it. Mixed forms of entertainment. Stays pretty busy the whole time. Lots of cool effects. (and lots of bad guys - so check out the story if you have small children to make sure its appropriate)

lllovell said:
We have waited about an hour (and sat in the middle) or gotten there 10 minutes before showtime and were all the way over to the left.

What time of the year did you go?

If you are going in June I definetely recommend the Fant dinner Package. Can enjoy a nice dinner and then get seated 15/30 minutes prior to the show.

With kids I recommend the hollywood and vine. Selections for everyone here including the picky eater.

Hopefully this time around, last time we tried (2 trips ago) a major thunderstorms rolled through. They canceled the show. Last time were doing other things.

Since we always go Easter Week, we always go the second show because the first show usually lines up 1.5 to 2-hours before!

We waited for two hours in the pouring rain during the first week in August 2003. It wasn't worth it to me but my little sister said it was her favorite.

I don't remember as much about the wait time... What I do remember very clearly is the Cattle Prodding, I really was beginning to wonder if I was gonna actually end up at a show or a farm!
PS I do not think to me anyway it was worth the Coraling or the wait.
I enjoyed so many other Disney shows soo much more!
I will not go back so see it again unless I book the Fantasmic Package.

I know what you mean. Remided me a bit of what a cattle drive may have been like on the Old Chisum Trail!! Only thing missing were CM's on horseback herding everyone along--- :crazy:

Back in '99, before I knew any better...waited for about an hour in the line and then sat in the second row from the front, dead center. Waited another 1 1/2 hrs. for the show. Last time we went, we were held up by a slow server at 50's. So, we had no wait in the line since we got there about 30 minutes before showtime (in August). But, the place was crammed full of people. Even the pkg. seating area was filling up!! We ended up getting put on a handicap bench. At least we got to sit down. There were a ton of people standing in the section behind us!!! Think I'll do the pkg in June!

Not worth the wait! It was an OK show, but by the time the show actually started the kids were tired and wanted to leave.

This show is my DD, 8, favorite thing to do at Disney she declared just yesterday. She loves it. She told me that it's the highlight of the trip. That she remembers doing it on our last night 2 years ago and how it was a perfect ending. I didn't know she felt this way. :goodvibes

She's been going since she was 4 and we've always done the package. I can't imagine waiting in the regular line AND then also waiting on those uncomfortable benches another hour.

With the package, we arrive about 30 to 45 minutes before and that part goes by pretty fast.

Perfectly posted....CATTLEDRIVE. Now, let me say that we LOVE Disney and LOVE this show. First time was in June and we did the dinner package and it worked out "fantasmic!". Last time was in early August and we opted for the second show.....no dinner package. We started our wait about an hour ahead of schedule and were on the sidewalk just down from the main entrance. A civilized line was forming for the next hour, but when they finally let everyone head on up, people swarmed, yes swarmed, from the other side of the entrance......cutting off everyone who had been in line. This is where the cattle prodding came in......it is a long walkway to the theater and I honestly was in fear of losing my children. My 6 year old was crying.......people were pushing, etc. People were shoulder to shoulder.....touching. It was by far the worst experience I have ever had at Disney.....or anywhere in public for that matter.

Needless to say, we will enjoy Fantasmic again this summer.......but we are opting for the dinner package ;)

The first time we saw it was in early June and we waited about 90 minutes to enter the theatre. We had great seats and we thought it was worth it. If there are two shows offered any time during your visit, I would suggest going to the second show. About half as many people show up to the second show so we only had to wait while they emptied and cleaned the amphitheater after the first show.

We are going Spring Break, so I think we should do the 2nd show. Does anyone know what time it starts? I'm wondering if it's too late for my older parents to stay up... I think my children can handle a late night!

Thanks!

Well, I am certainly making that reservation for the Fantasmic Dinner Package at H&V now. :) Thank you everybody for the input. Though I may eat like a cow sometimes, I sure don't want to be treated like one. :rotfl2:

I've never seen it. I like to see everything at Disney at one time or another, but I haven't been able to justify a 1-2 hour wait for this thing. Someday, I suppose.

On a related note, I almost died the year I bought Cirque tickets - I couldn't believe how much they cost - it was as much as a Vegas show. But in retrospect, it was well worth it. Aside from it being the most amazing thing I'd ever seen, it was quite a welcome change to have a reserved seat waiting for me at the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter