fan question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mgjmom615, Jan 7, 2013.

1. mgjmom615

mgjmom615 Mouseketeer

we are taking our first cruise in Sept. I was wondering if anyone know if you are allowed to bring a small fan onboard. We sleep with one every night for the noise. Any help with be appreciated. Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

4. allears

allears "If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!

Sure can. We traveled with a a small clip on style fan last year, worked great. One suggestion, make sure you have an extension cord. Its hard to tell ahead of time where you'll be able to set the fan up and how far from an outlet it may be.

5. BlakeandMaddysMomma

BlakeandMaddysMomma Mouseketeer

Great question. We are flying down, so we will be picking one up once we are in Florida! Do you just stick a luggage tag on the box?

6. HollyRN

HollyRN Earning My Ears

I am a midnight shift worker and I sleep with a fan all the time. I actually have a hard time traveling without it. I never thought about whether or not I would be allowed to take one on DCL. However, I did find that we were so busy all day that we were completely exhausted at night. I don't think any noise of any kind could have woke me up. Just wanted to offer you something to consider. Have a magical time!

7. mgjmom615

mgjmom615 Mouseketeer

Thanks guys! I just might be to tired to care if I have it or not. Never thought about that. I think I will take one just in case:). Thanks again

8. SnipsNSnails

SnipsNSnails DIS Veteran

I can't sleep without one either. My DH bought me an alarm clock from Bed, Bath & Beyond that has a white noise feature and this works so great for travelling since it's not very big. For a cruise it's double nice since the staterooms don't always have a nice illuminated clock. I know that the Magic doesn't when we sail in a month but I think the newer ships might have something now. The other thing I can't stand is not knowing what time it is if I wake in the night! So it solves two problems for me and is easier to pack than a fan.

9. bibbidibobbidibecky

bibbidibobbidibecky The Fairy Godblogger

My husband has to sleep with a fan. I wasn't real happy when I had to find room in our luggage for our med cruise :rolleyes2 But we did!

10. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

According to the Disney website they are allowed with the approval of the chief engineer.

11. valbob89

valbob89 DIS Veteran

My husband is always warm so we bring his battery operated 5inch fan. It folds down into about 2 inches. We use it in the cabin, on planes, on the bus. I slip it into my carry-on. People laugh at first when they see it until they find themselves uncomfortable due to the heat when the engines aren't on or air conditioning not sufficient. On our DCL PC cruise I pulled it out while in the rain forest in Belize - silly Americans. It isn't really loud but in a quiet cabin does provide white noise. Because it is battery operated, no cord or approval needed. We bought ours at Bed Bath and Beyond but this one is on amazon for $9.15 plus shipping.

[​IMG]

12. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I always bring a fan.

13. jennab05

jennab05 Mouseketeer

You can bring a fan and we didn't have to have it approved first. It's a must when my father snores super loud haha.

14. jennab05

jennab05 Mouseketeer

Also... We had brought two small fans but didn't have room to bring them home so we left them with our room hostess who was beyond amazing and greatly appreciated it she said her room was always very hot and didn't have a chance to get a fan anywhere so she was very excited by this and we were glad to help... So this is an option for anyone if u can't find room to bring it home :)

15. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

Bringing your own fan is fine, but try to pack it in your checked luggage. I had my small fan in my carryon and my entire bag had to be emptied and checked at TSA checkin. I guess they didn't like the batteries or the plugs.
    Michele