Famous Shrimp Buffet???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Ethelina, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Ethelina

Ethelina Mouseketeer

After reading a few trip reports...(BTW, I love to read about everyone's trip!!) I noticed that when you board lunch is also served at Parrot Cay....on the 4-Day Wonder... Do they have the shrimp buffet and/or at Beach Blanket Buffet??? I assumed Parrot Cay was order from menu only.

Thanks for any help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Michelle

Michelle <font color=darkgreen><i>"It's like Lord of the Fl

The famous peel-and-eat shrimp is at the embarkation lunch buffet on BOTH ships and in BOTH Parrot Cay and Topsider's/Beach Blanket Buffet. :)

4. Ethelina

Ethelina Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick answer!!

5. Doctor P

Doctor P <font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere

I must be spoiled, because I love shrimp and was not at all impressed with the peel and eat shrimp on the embarkation buffet. Don't get me wrong, they were adequate, but that was about all. They are relatively small shrimp and were not particularly firm. If you really like shrimp, they will give you some of the flavor you crave, but I would not build it up in your mind based on what you read here. Good but not great or exceptional, IMHO.

6. christinou

christinou <font color=teal>Is now a Tag Fairy believer and i

I wonder, if they have different shrimp suppliers, when we went the shrimp were really good and big, they really were jumbo shrimps, we also were one of the first to get to the buffet.

7. my3kids

my3kids <font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>

DoctorP...I agree..they were just shrimp. Are they supposed to be different from other peel & eat shrimp? (We ate at Topsiders on the Magic.)

8. DisneyDarwin

DisneyDarwin Mouseketeer

oh my, I didn't know there were more of us. I've never thought much of the shrimp either. I live on the Gulf so we eat lots. Deep fry those suckers and get me some hush puppies!

9. Kaitysmom

Kaitysmom <font color=blue>My DD got picked as the Big Kahun

The first cruise I took the shrimp were already peeled and were jumbo. The second cruise they were peel and eat and much smaller. Just thought it was a budget cut at the time...