Famous Monte Cristo sandwich @ WDW??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by danabalana, Sep 11, 2007.

1. danabalana

danabalana Mouseketeer

Sep 10, 2007
    Does anyone know if the MC sandwich from the Blue Bayou restaurant in DL is available anywhere in WDW? It's a family tradition for our fam during our dis trips. Thanks
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Mar 20, 2000
    I haven't seen it anywhere, even at the Plaza Restaurant which has several sandwiches on their menu.
  4. werfamily

werfamily Mouseketeer

Jul 22, 2007
    Ooooh...the Monte Cristo Sandwich...yummmmm
    It's a DL tradition for our family too!
  5. GenieCat

GenieCat DIS Veteran

Jan 6, 2007
  6. ccigliano

ccigliano DVC Member WLV

Oct 10, 2006
    I have never seen the Monte Cristo at WDW and have made sure I had ressie at Blue Bayou the last three times in DL. However, there is a chain restaurant that does a pretty good job - not as good but you can get your fix - try Bennigan's if you have one nearby.
  7. Katiebell

Katiebell Seriously *Ahem*

Jan 22, 2007
    Didn't see a Monte Cristo anywhere at WDW. There were rumors about a pirate themed/Carribean type restaurant in the future -- any news? Seems like that's where you'd find something like that. Or maybe Shutter's or Olivia's? It's more of a New Orleans thing, but I was thinking maybe it would fit in with the Caribbean-themed menus...

The prices have gone up a lot at the Blue Bayou -- the latest menus show the Monte Cristo is only served at lunch (although I'm sure you could request it at dinner), and it's now 18.99. I'm sure it's served with a couple of sides, but still, $19 is an awful lot for a sandwich. Can't beat the atmosphere, though...

Cafe Orleans also does a regular or Three-Cheese Monte Cristo for 14.99, and a Three-Cheese "Monte Cristo" French Toast for 10.29. We've never eaten there, but plan on checking it out on our next trip.

And when the BB was closed for renovations, we found a pretty good Monte Cristo at Millie's Restaurant across Harbor Blvd for 8.99. :thumbsup2