family trip in May (done!)

Great pre-trip report! It would be so stressful to be planning to move right before your fun trip!! But I'm sure you'll get everything taken care of efficiently. :thumbsup2

We just bought a Volo as well! I am waiting for it to be shipped right now. We will be one of those families people complain about, since my son is already 4 & I intend to use it for awhile still, but with so much walking DS just complains & DH carries him, then DH complains. So it's really all about me! :rotfl2:

...with so much walking DS just complains & DH carries him, then DH complains. So it's really all about me! :rotfl2:

I should be clear, it is not generally the walking in Disneyland that DS complains about, but at the end of the day when he is exhausted he will fall asleep in the stroller on the way out of DLR.

He won't even get in the stroller while in Disneyland, lest he should fall asleep!!!!! :)

Wow your trip is coming up fast! Just out of curiosity are you going to take breaks back at HOJO's? And if so are you going to have the stroller the whole time or for just the longer part of your day? I was trying to figure out what we should do DD uses the stroller maybe 15 min to 1/2 hour even when we do day trips to the zoo or Desert Museum. I figured the days we are going for the whole day to bring the stoller but for the days that we are going in the morning/breaking and then the evening - we would just bring it out for the night. Any thoughts? Are the tickets for the movies expensive?

Thanks for the tips/suggestions on food. While I am not veggie - I don't eat a lot of meat and my DD3 rarely eats it.

Too funny. :) About the stroller/sleep refusal.

DS just went down for a nap, for the first time in awhile. He's been sleeping so well, too, I don't know why he's extra-tired!

We also have a Volo for our DD. We use it strickly for Disney trips and outings that require a lot of walking. We LOVE it!:lovestruc

Here's a lil' tip about the stroller----don't hang anything on the handles. If your son decides he wants to get out, the whole thing will fall backwards.

Thanks, Daisy!

I'm becoming completely paranoid.

1. someone will steal our stroller.

2. we won't have enough money for this trip.

3. we won't get everything moved before leaving and will have to pay double rent or something.

4. we'll get everything moved but won't get the apartment cleaned.

Ugh.

:hug: I'm sorry your so stressed out. Take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure everything will work out just fine.:)

I'm tired of the yearly moves. And I've started SO early the last few times, but ended up doing the bulk at the very end, and now I seem to be thinking we will do it ALL at the very end (having stacks of boxes everywhere kind of makes my son bonkers, he really hates it and his response makes us bonkers) and I think that this might be a mistake.

Oh I wish we had booked airfare with Southwest where it could be canceled easily and we could postpone this trip until June....would be much much easier in June (though it wouldn't be on E's b'day which would bug me).

While reading the d'land forum just now I remembered that I get to take my boys into the caves on TS Island! Yay! Now everyone hope really really hard that Eamon doesn't get scared while in there, OK?

While reading the d'land forum just now I remembered that I get to take my boys into the caves on TS Island! Yay! Now everyone hope really really hard that Eamon doesn't get scared while in there, OK?

:cool1: :cool1: Here's hoping!

We had been going back and forth about the stroller issue, and finally just ordered one. Got a Volo, though one a bit more spendy than the one I wanted to order, b/c of DS's request of red vs blue (he loves red). The red one was 10 bucks more. The things we do to help him like the things we stick him in. ha.

:rotfl:

We just received our red Volo & I love it!!!!!! Admittedly, since it is so late here, the only test drive we've taken is around the living room & kitchen, but it is GREAT!! :cheer2:

I only wish I would have purchased it years ago!!!

Oh my goodness, I totally forgot that at some point I would actually *receive* the Volo, and so I hadn't been tracking it. I don't know what is wrong with my brain recently. Due to arrive on the 12th. Feels like a long time!

I had a drugstore.com order arrive today, and I had only checked its tracking once, and at that time it was only in "billing information received", so it was a surprise to hear the UPS guy at the door today!

Had a lousy day with DS today. No corn syrup issues, but exhaustion. He was randomly sick all day the other day, but yesterday woke up just fine and dandy. But today after having a walking tantrum that lasted at least an epoch, er, 20-30 minutes, going from Trader Joe's to the car then walked to Safeway (he actually asked me why we weren't driving from one part of the parking lot to the other), shopped quickly, and back to the car, he passed out inside 5 minutes of driving. So he was tired but I didn't realize it until he fell asleep.

And that, my friends, is yet another lesson for Disneyland! Take breaks!!!!!

People who nap are so lucky. On occasion I'll take one, but overall I've never been a napper. (my poor mom)

Today we got the Volo I ordered, it's really nice! DH and DS took a walk with it and expressed great delight with it.

I didn't go b/c I woke up sick, with a sickening headache, at 5am. Rummaging around in the freezer for an ice pack woke up hubby who was going to work today, but he saw me for a minute and decided he needed to stay home since I was in no condition to take care of DS alone. I was partially hallucinating (when I get sick I don't waste time) and was very grumpy with him. Poor hubby.

Luckily today was the second appointment with a new chiropractor I'm seeing, so I got an adjustment today. Not the one most people think of, but a really light, delicate "ping" of an adjustment (atlas orthogonal is the technique). I'm really excited about it...I used to be a chiro and I believe in being under regular care 110%, but hadn't found someone I liked, or a technique I liked, other than my old buddies up in Seattle...I'm not going to drive up to Seattle regularly anymore, b/c of gas, though.

It was very convenient to have that visit with her today, though scary and sad to see my xrays! I used to have such a pretty spine, when I was under care and in better shape; but it'll get better. I can already feel changes from the adjustment she did.

What does this have to do with Disneyland? Everything! If my spine is healthier, than I am healthier, and if I am healthier, then the trip will be so much better!!!

And of course we got the Volo, which is for Disneyland.

If anyone wants an '08 Volo but the places they are looking at don't include the rain cover like in '07, I got mine from My Strollers, and they include the rain cover.

While I'm typing, I'm "attending" a AAA virtual Disney trade show on hubby's computer (my Mac doesn't have Real Player and I didn't feel like downloading it just for the show). Funny. :goodvibes

Now I have to start thinking of ways to "de-pretty" the stroller, so no one gets tempted! I'm thinking...names stuck in odd places, Mickey head tags everywhere...we don't have any disposable dipes to put in a baggie and pour root beer over, and I'm not going to ruin any of our cloth dipes that are in storage for that.

Any other ideas? We've already had something stolen OUT of a stroller...I really don't want to have the actual stroller taken!

I keep thinking of switching from Ariel's to Lilo's...I think E would have more *fun* at Lilo (he was too tired to *really* enjoy it last September), but he still says he wants to see the princesses. So I guess we'll stick with Ariel's, but there's a definite urge on my part to switch it.

We got DS new "athletic" shoes yesterday. Little stinker got some Nikes...I can't wear Nikes, they are way too narrow. And he chose the *flattest* soles of any of that shoe type. I wanted to tell him "if you're a piece of paper too short for Grizzly, don't expect me to feel bad for you" b/c of the shoe choice, but I actually quite like the shoes, and like that he's not stomping around with those Frankenstein-like stacked heels that so many little kids' "athletic" shoes have!:upsidedow

Hey Molly - want me to mail you a diaper? A CLEAN one - that you can then use to deter someone from stealing your stroller?

I am finally caught up :surfweb: - took me forever to get back in the swing of things on the dis - still suffering from DL lag (like jet lag, but different - more time spent staring into space and sighing, wishing for a Tigger tail or regretting that I am not sitting on a park bench outside the castle, listening to the music and watching the people.)

If it makes you feel any better, I was actually kind of ashamed of our borrowed stroller on our trip - it was the only one in the stroller parking lots that actually looked like it had ever been used! Besides being absolutely loaded down with junk and backpacks and coats and paraphanelia, 90% of the strollers I saw at DL (and I paid attention, b/c we are now in the market for a DL stroller of our own, as well as a condo in CA to park it in!:laughing: ), looked BRAND NEW!!! No slops, no spills, no stains, no fading, no dirt or dust - it was crazy! So perhaps your new one won't stick out so much. And nothing makes a stroller look old and junky like a lot of stuff hanging off it - some were so camoflauged (sp - sorry!) that you wouldn't give them a second glance - too much stuff to push around to steal that one!!:rotfl:

No other advice though - we were actually such dumb, trusting shmucks on our trip, I now realize. Shopping bags hung off the stroller handles with the days purchases inside, in full view in the stroller parking lot while we all went to ride Buzz, we even left the video camera in the stroller bag wrapped in a blanket one night cause we were sick of carting it around - dumb!!:eek: Guess we were just lucky. In hindsight, we should have just used the package check service.

I think you are wise to plan breaks as well - I am sure that is why we had so few meltdowns from our crew! I was driving them pretty hard otherwise.:rolleyes:

You were either lucky or we were UNlucky, in regards to stuff being left in the strollers. :goodvibes

I wish hubby could have stayed home again today. I'm feeling baaaaaad.

Grr, Eamon is now insisting I clean up the living room. Little neatnik. It's not going to happen, I'm too sick (and can't, alas, take a Nyquil break b/c I am incoherent on that stuff), but that's not going to stop him from asking a couple more times.

Oh I want hubby to be home....waaaaaaaah.

Hello Bumbershoot,
I've been sitting on the sidelines reading many many trip reports the last few weeks in preparation for our family trip this summer. I must tell you I've enjoyed your reports so very much! Thanks for taking the time to impart all that Disney knowledge. :worship:

Oh! My daughter and I are part of the recessively gened tribe as well! :cheer2:

Molly,
I love, love, love your posts! I spent a whole day reading your old TRs and your style of writing is great. We have a lot in common (Nor Cal, healthy living, renting, an almost 4 year old, a Volo, fam in SD, etc) and you always seem to provide really relevent replies to posts. OK enough gushing...:goodvibes

We are concerned about stroller issues as well and are planning a BIG birthday trip in October so I will be waiting to see what worked and what didn't on this trip. Good luck with the move!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter