Family Suites and bed rails

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by PrincesCJM, Aug 16, 2013.

1. PrincesCJM

PrincesCJM DIS Veteran

I am considering our options for our next trip (over 1.5 years away). I am curious, is it possible to attach a bedrail to the convertible furniture in the family suites at ASMu or AOA? DS will be almost 3 when we got and he might need them. DH and I will be in the actual bed and my mom would sleep on the sofa couch so I asking specifically about the other sleeping furniture

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

At AoA the fold down Murphy bed didn't end up being that high off the ground. Now of course you don't want your little one to fall out. Just trying to help out in case you can't put the rails on!
    Also, if the 3 year old is in the middle of the bed he'd have to move quite a bit to get over the edge. It is a nice size bed for a kiddo.
    We had one 8 yr old and one grandma sleep on that Murphy bed for 4 nights and they were quite comfortable. Hope that helps.

4. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

I would recommend All-Star Music. At AoA, your DS would be in a separate room by himself whereas at ASMu, he'd be in the same room as your mom.

He should use the chair bed. It's got big high arms so it would be difficult for a 3 year old to fall out if he puts his head at the top. Sorry I don't have a picture to show you but I think the thread on here shows the furniture open.

The chair moves so you can put it up against the wall, then put the ottoman on the other side between the chair and the sofabed so he wouldn't have any actual "falling" space.

He will be fine, you just have to move stuff around a little.