Family of the Day!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by crazymk96, Jan 31, 2011.

1. crazymk96

crazymk96 Earning My Ears

Share your stories about being the family of the day! The good, the bad, the hilarious. popcorn::
    I'll kick it off!
    So on my family's trip to the happiest place on earth right before Christmas, we got picked as the family of the day at EPCOT. It was completely magical. It started with getting to meet the characters first, and then a car from Test Track came and picked us up. It drove us to Test Track, where we got to ride first, and we got free family fast passes and two sets of FPs for TT. We also got a free photo from our trip around the track.
    Then to Mission Space, where we got to go into the mission control room, and got more FPs and hugs from the CMs.
    Last of all, we received VIP seating for Illuminations at Italy. We ended up giving them to another family since we have seen it more times than i can count, but it was a cool prospect anyways.
    While the day was amazing and as Disney as it guests, it was still hilarious as people kept stopping us to ask how we got picked. We tried to tell them that we were just goofing off when we got picked, but dozens of moms would just glare at us like "Yeah, right :snooty: "
    None the less, it was an unforgettable experience, and now I'm eager to here yours! pirate:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RandFamily

RandFamily DIS Veteran

I have a great family of the day story. We visited EPCOT with my two children and my relatively new boyfriend who was somewhat anti-Disney (We had traveled separately because we were in Orlando for a conference for work). We got picked as Family of the Day and I thought the man who picked us was kidding. I had never heard of this (it was right when they started it) and I was sure he was trying to sell us something! When I figured out what he was offering I was so excited!! It was funny because there we were posing as a "family" which probably made my boyfriend very nervous!! :rotfl2: We had a wonderful time, of course and by the end of the day, my boyfriend had really changed his mind about Disney (and maybe about my kids!). It was really a magical day.

4. SOnotLayuh

SOnotLayuh DIS Veteran

I hope more people share... I love reading these :)

5. lorli

lorli Perfectly Pixieish

Great stories, can't wait to read more.

6. ZuzuWDW

ZuzuWDW Earning My Ears

In the mid 90s, so it was pre "Year of a Million Dreams" and it wasn't as common to hear about families being given things in the park/being selected for Family of the Day, etc. We were walking into Wonders Of Life at Epcot (that alone dates this story :lmao:) my brother, who was about 4 or 5 at the time, was approached by a cast member outside the door and asked if he wanted to be "Kid of the Day."

My brother, always cautious, said "no thanks" in a very matter-of-fact way and kept walking. My parents stopped, pulled him back, and said oh no, he would love to be kid of the day! Here my brother assumed he was on some sort of Candid Camera type show, he said "it just seemed fishy to me" :lmao: The story is better if you know my brother but it was still pretty adorable.

We were taken up to a special room inside the building, offered whatever snacks and drinks we wanted, and given a private photo session with Goofy in his athletic gear. My brother was taken down to the floor, where they had those sports activities, and got to play baseball with Goofy. We were taken to the front of the line of Body Wars and my brother got a special "Kid of the Day" pin. It's still one of our favorite WDW stories!