Family of 9: April 2014-Really want BLT:What is best 2nd choice?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by khanna, Jun 11, 2013.

1. khanna

khanna Mouseketeer

If we cannot get BLT for our timeframe, what is the next best choice? We need a villa for the washer and dryer (6 kids) plus the kitchen for breakfast. It really seems Animal Kingdom is the only option for 9, unless we pay a lot more for a villa that sleeps 12--but we don't want to do that.

I know the Disney site doesn't reflect 2014 availability exactly just yet. We are not in a position to rent points due to needing to pay all up front--plus we rather go through Disney for the safety of needing to cancel if we had to.

Your thoughts on a second choice if BLT 2 bedroom isn't available? TIA!

2. MinnieGirl33

MinnieGirl33 Hockey Mom

Old Key West also has the sleeper chair & sleeps 9 in a 2BR.

3. pattylynn

pattylynn Earning My Ears

How about the Boardwalk 3 Bedroom Grand Villa. There is plenty of space there!:)

4. Merandab4

Merandab4 DIS Veteran

My suggestion would also be OKW. They seem to have more space than the other DVC resorts.

5. AlixaLock

AlixaLock DIS Veteran

Similar boat here! Booking for a family of 7 in August 2014 and I'm so on the fence. I'm thinking BLT 2 bed suite will be our first choice, but as much as I love the convenience of BLT, I just find it so dull and blah. But I love the look of the Savannah View 2 bed suite at Kidani, it seems spacious and "special." I haven't looked in OKW yet ... still pondering.

6. MinnieSummer

MinnieSummer DIS Veteran

2 bedroom at AKL Villas or Kidani Village at AKL. Love that resort