Family of 6 US hotel area question...

RunnerMommyof4

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 6, 4 kiddos under 12. We are going to Orlando for the 1st time in June and our plan is to rent a house. BUT ? Is there a hotel we would fit in and should we stay on site the last 3 days while we do the parks. I'm planning on purchasing the fast pass thing because my husband hates lines and I know June may be busy if we stay off property but I have read some hotels have that included plus early entry. I'm torn...since it's not normally easy to get all 6 of us in 1 room anywhere.

i would suggest you to to the site
www.universalorlando.com and look at the partner hotels that the darkside has.
check them out to see if any of them have suites that will allow 6 in the room.

you would have to book a package for the perks UO gives to the partner hotels.
i believe all give you the early entry and did read where a family also received other perks.

i don't know how much you want to pay for staying at one of the 3 deluxe hotels on site.
2 of them have suites that do allow 6 in them but it is costly.
getting two standard rooms could be cheaper.

and, booking two rooms at one of the deluxes could be cheaper than buying the express pass for each person.
if you do the math, you would know better which way to go in order to get by the best financial way.

stay on site for one night and recieve the hotel perks of early entry and unlimited usage of the express lines for the day you check in and the day you check out.

if you rent a house for your trip and stay one night during your trip onsite, you could have those 2 days with the perks in the parks.

You can stay in Cabana Bay in a suite. It has two queen beds and a queen pullout. You will get early admission here but not express since it is a moderate and not a deluxe on site resort.

If you can swing it in the budget (although like macraven said - it might not be much of a premium), 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Royal Pacific is probably your cheapest option onsite for 6 and would give you 3 days of Express Pass at the parks.

You should look into getting an annual pass for one person in your party if you are going to book 2 rooms. The money you save on the rooms will probably be worth it.

You should look into getting an annual pass for one person in your party if you are going to book 2 rooms. The money you save on the rooms will probably be worth it.

Question to everyone am I more likely to get a connecting room at US? We were going to do this at WDW but I was repeatedly told I wouldn't get a room together.

I second the two rooms at RPR (one adult in each). Suites only give you extra space. Two rooms gives you a total of 4 beds and two bathrooms.

Express pass is included for you if you stay there.

We asked for adjoining and were only able to get across the hall rooms. No biggie, the kids all had keys on their lanyards and could still come and go in both as needed.

Question to everyone am I more likely to get a connecting room at US? We were going to do this at WDW but I was repeatedly told I wouldn't get a room together.

if children are involved, yes, you can request a connecting room and they can look those rooms in for you in advance.

Thank you! Hubby wears a sleep apnea mask so the kids won't sleep with him and our kids are too little to be across the hall from us in another room. I'll see about connecting rooms at RPR.

when you book your rooms, do it by calling.
tell the TM you must have connecting rooms due to the ages of the children.
let the TM be aware it is not an option, but a necessity to set up your
ressie with connecting rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter