Family of 6 - How to accommodate everyone?

Shonte Durrett

Earning My Ears
Okay as a family of 6 we need a little help organizing time while in the park AND make everyone happy.

ME - DISNEY NUT!!! grew up Disneyland.. Been 4 times to WDW Last time was in 2010! I LOVE IT ALL!

Husband - 1st Time to Disney World - Gets bored and not really a children's story kind of guy. Except our 2 year old makes him. lol. How to WOW him?

Mariah - 15yrs old ( last time there she was 10) Loves Disney - Peter Pan and Aladdin to be exact. Looking for something possibly new for a teen. More interacting like the old Kim Possible

Hannah - 13yrs old (last time there she was 8) Loves Disney - Something interesting like the old Kim Possible search thingy in Epcot?

Riley - 12yrs old - 1st Time to Disney World. Went to Disneyland last summer but didn't really do much. She's not the Disney guru like the older two. (my step-daughter) Something that will whisk her away to a truly magical time. ???

Alana - 2yrs old - She has a very huge vocabulary for a 2 year old. Speaks very clear like you're having a conversation with the older girls. She is mature and older than her years by far! Loves Sophia, Toy Story, Cinderella, Doc McStuffins, & Sheriff Callie. oh and of course FROZEN!! She already asks when we get in the car.... "where are we going? Disney World?" lol...

I need ideas. I keep reading through all the threads and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm not exactly sure what I am wanting. lol

We've only been once as a family, so I don't have a lot of advice for you. However, as far as an activity like Kim Possible, EP now has Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. It is available in several of the countries and is a lot of fun. So it might work well. I know there are a couple of interactive games in the MK--Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and A Pirate's Adventure. We haven't tried either of these, but many people seem to like them. There are different "makeover" options for children too--BBB and there's a pirate one too (it's not just for boys) and I think there's a new Frozen themed one as well.

Last year we ate at Be Our Guest for lunch and enjoyed seeing the different rooms. If you have a healthy budget, then a meal at Cinderella's Royal Table would probably be lovely (We haven't been there, but it sounds nice to actually be IN the castle). But there are other specialty dining options as well.

My DH is also not a Disney nut, but he does love to watch us have fun. Maybe yours will just enjoy watching your girls have a blast.

I hope you find the special something you are looking for. I'm planning our 2nd trip now and I have been worried about having something all 3 kids want. They've all said "Relax Mom, we're going to Disney, we're going to have fun!" Sometimes we mom's worry too much--it's hard not to. Good luck to you, I hope it's all you want it to be. :tink:

We've only been once as a family, so I don't have a lot of advice for you. However, as far as an activity like Kim Possible, EP now has Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. It is available in several of the countries and is a lot of fun. So it might work well. I know there are a couple of interactive games in the MK--Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and A Pirate's Adventure. We haven't tried either of these, but many people seem to like them. There are different "makeover" options for children too--BBB and there's a pirate one too (it's not just for boys) and I think there's a new Frozen themed one as well.

Last year we ate at Be Our Guest for lunch and enjoyed seeing the different rooms. If you have a healthy budget, then a meal at Cinderella's Royal Table would probably be lovely (We haven't been there, but it sounds nice to actually be IN the castle). But there are other specialty dining options as well.

My DH is also not a Disney nut, but he does love to watch us have fun. Maybe yours will just enjoy watching your girls have a blast.

I hope you find the special something you are looking for. I'm planning our 2nd trip now and I have been worried about having something all 3 kids want. They've all said "Relax Mom, we're going to Disney, we're going to have fun!" Sometimes we mom's worry too much--it's hard not to. Good luck to you, I hope it's all you want it to be. :tink:

Thank you so much! I know my DH will be happy. He is a big kid. I think I'm more nervous to make it fantastic since I don't know when we will get to go again. We are not rollin' in the money, so to speak. lol I think that's why I wanted to have the Dining Plan, so that we can use 2 table service and do the Cinderella's Royal Table.

I know I need to just chill. It's a family vacation! lol Ugh, to be an over planner. especially when I enjoy it!

Thank you again! Love the idea of Agent P's Adventure. They girls grew up watching Phineas and Ferb

For the older ones: Sum of All Thrills in Epcot. You can design your own roller coaster and then get in the simulator and experience. My teens love this attraction. They also like to look at pin boards and look for hidden Mickey's. I am not sure how long you are going for, but let them in on the planning. Let each one pick a restaurant to try on the trip. We also play a game as to which character will we see first when we enter a park. If it is not too crowded whoever gets the right character gets to pick the first attraction for the day.

The two year old is going to love it ALL!

How about renting the Sea Racers (dad plus an older kid... Not sure how old you have to be to drive them). Also, I am going to throw out there that you should build in Some time split up... Especially having dad + step daughter time. And maybe take the three older girls to tea one day?

How
about renting the Sea Racers (dad plus an older kid... Not sure how old you have to be to drive them). Also, I am going to throw out there that you should build in Some time split up... Especially having dad + step daughter time. And maybe take the three older girls to tea one day?

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! YES!!!! Wow... I didn't think of that because I have been so caught up in wanting to experience everything with everyone. That would sooooooo be great to have my DD13 and dad bond, they tend to butt heads a little... DD15 and dad are exactly alike so they bond pretty well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter