Family of 5 - Where can we stay??

DisneyLvr55

<font color=darkorchid>The thing swooped down, hit
I'm on the Disney World site looking for a room for our next vacation. It will be DH, myself and our 3 daughers - 10, 9 & 8 months. I was under the impression that our only option (other than a villa) is POR because we are now a family of 5, but they are listing everything from values on up. Can we all stay in one value room? And if so, is it because baby is under a year old? At what age does it change??

TIA

You can stay anywhere since your daughter is 8 months old - they will roll a pack n play into the room. Once she turns 3 you are going to be faced with the choices of All Star Music, Art of Animation for Values, Port Orleans Riverside for Mods and I'm pretty sure all the Deluxe hotels allow for 5 but I cannot remember. It's been a couple years since we stayed at the Poly and my daughter was under a year.

Ok thanks! When you say ASM and AoA you mean the suites, not just the regular rooms, right?

Yes, just the suites. And Caribbean Beach also has rooms that will fit 5 for the future. And when it comes time to need more room, check getting two rooms at the value instead of a suite--it's usually cheaper!

no, not all the deluxe do 5...Regular rooms at WL and AKL only sleep 4. As a family of 5 we have gotten used to the expense of the other deluxe resorts, shower, now many of the the moderates now offer a "murphy" bed instead of the trundle so might not be a bad option if on a budget

Just be aware for the future that connecting rooms are not guaranteed. I think much of the time, families get the connecting rooms, but not always.

A baby can stay in a crib, which will definitely allow you more freedom. Once your child is old enough, I would suggest the Beach Club Resort. I come from a family of 5, and we stayed there plenty of times. Two big beds, plus a twin sized day bed. The room isn't any bigger than the rooms that hold 4, but we found it to be more than enough room-- and definitely one of the cheaper options! Haven't tried AOA yet, but their suites look so fun. Your children would definitely love it!

2 connecting rooms at POP works out great for your family size. Our first trip our kids were: 11, 7 & 3. Having the extra room and a second bathroom was very handy and was great value to us. As long as you are not picky about building location you shouldn't have a problem getting connected rooms...

We have also stayed in a family suite at AoA and this trip we are staying in a Cabin at FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter