Family of 5 in one stateroom thoughts?

renae3

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 5, with kids ages 10, 7, and 4. We are booked on the magic in a category 4A, family stateroom with verandah. Has anyone with a family of 5 stayed in these rooms and how tight are they? We are in room 8040, only one left, and being under the goofy pool and stage also has me a bit concerned regarding noise. Any thoughts?? Thanks so much, I love this board!

We are in exactly the same situation, kids exact same age, we are in 8002, which is apparently awesome bc it's under the spa :) I hope we're not too cramped, my only stress is chain smokers on the neighboring verandahs and cool weather...

We have sailed with 5 in a stateroom for 4 out of the 5 cruises we have taken. On our cruise next month, we will have 5 once again - 3 adults, DD16 and DS8. We have always been fine. At any given time, 1 or 2 people are out on the verandah anyway. We make the most of the storage space by utilizing over the door shoe hangers. We also use one of those hanging 6 shelf sweater organizers for some of the clothing. We spend such a small amount of time in the stateroom I can't really justify spending the extra money on 2 staterooms. And, we are spoiled. I wouldn't even consider a room without a verandah anymore (I know some will say to get 2 oceanviews instead of 1 verandah).

We cruised in a 4B, under the Mickey Pool, on the Magic in 2011. Kids were 4, 7, 8 at the time.
We loved it!! Are you going to be able to do cartwheels around? no. LOL But for what we used the room for it was great. We are sailing again this year in a 4A on the Fantasy, the kids are 6, 9, 10 and I have no worries!
LOVED LOVED having a verandah! If the kids were sleeping we did have to climb over the murphy bed a bit to get outside, but it wasn't that bad. The kids were/are young enough that we didn't have bathroom concerns as far as hair, makeup, etc. ;)

Sleeping arrangements were perfect, the curtain divider helped with changing privacy. And really we slept, showered, and had some afternoon snacks in there... or were sitting on the verandah. A couple of afternoons the kids took a nap, we put all 3 in our bed, pulled the curtain and DH and I enjoyed a snack and relaxed in the other part of the room.

Next time we probably will go 2 cabins, I have 3 girls, so it just goes back to the bathroom, showers, hair, makeup thing as they get older. LOL But only if we can afford 2 verandah rooms, I was out there too much to not have one now.

Oh, as far as noise, there was a little of the chairs being moved around stuff, but it didn't bother us. We had the heater for the Mickey Pool across the hall from us and it made a little noise in the morning, but again, nothing major to put a damper on anything.

ENJOY!!! :thumbsup2

Although everyone told us not to do it we did 5a in Oct with 4 adults, 3 were women, and we had no issues. I'm sure you will be fine!

Thanks to DCL's price increases, our fam of five doesn't get two connecting rooms any longer. My kids are older than yours and enjoy all bring in one stateroom. The only difficulty is shower time. You'll be fine. Enjoy!

It will be fine! You are not in your room much other than to sleep and get ready anyway. We are going on our fourth Disney cruise in March and have always had one room. We have 2 adults and a DS16, DS12, and DD7. Have a blast!!:)

Another family of 5 that sails in a cat 4. The last cruise the kids were 13, 11 and 9. If I booked today I'd do it again. I actually enjoy the closeness. Love the verandah. Like someone said, you aren't dancing around the room, but we enjoy the boat and don't spend hours in the room.

We sailed twice in 8020 on the Magic. You do hear deck noise such as rolling carts. Chairs moving. But we'd be going to bed 10-12pm and there wasn't that much activity up there. Would hear it more in the morning when they were getting ready for the day.

We were in 8060 no problems at all. 5 of us... it worked out great.

8572-- noisy galore! we heard chairs dragging even in the middle of the night. the good part.. we were right by the stairs, so close to Goofys Galley and the pool. The older 2 could run up and get a drink etc no problems.

Your kids are too young to be in a stateroom across the hall...so if you want a verandah, this is your only option.

If you are willing to forgo the verandah, you may find connecting rooms in an oceanview or inside cabin to be both less costly and more roomy. On the other hand, the advantage to young kids is that they need less space than teens.! You'll be fine in this cabin.

We're booked in a Cat 4B room (8000) on the Magic next week. From the deck plans it looks like the spa is above us so hopefully that will be quiet. I have a 9 year old and 3 year old twins so I am thankful for having only one neighbor.

Only negatives I see so far is the distance to the soda station on deck 9 aft and being the last room in the hall, no one will really see our decorated door...lol. If those are the worst of our worries I know it will be an amazing vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!