Family get their car broken into at mk and their gun goes missing

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by disney david, Jan 7, 2013.

1. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I wasn't blaming the victim. I just don't think you should leave a gun in the car unattended.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SarahC73

SarahC73 Earning My Ears

4. disney david

disney david DIS Veteran

Thank you sound like responsible gun owners

5. wdwfreeksince88

wdwfreeksince88 Only An Hour From The House Of Mouse

In the state of Florida you do not need permits to own a gun. The only permit required is a concealed weapon permit if you decide to conceal and carry.

6. roomthreeseventeen

The people in question are from Mississippi, where you need your own license to own a gun.

7. Tony NY

Tony NY DIS Veteran

wow I fell for the family their is nothing worses then being on vacation and finding someone has broken in to you car.

I can relate to them I live in NYC and had a my car broken during hurcan Irean while I was at disney world when I came home I found my trunk open my car be ramshaked and called the local pct and I was told to call 911. they came out not only to take a report but to print the car as well.

why would this be any diffent other then it happend in disney ? if some one brakes in to your car at the mall would you call 911.. Don't tell my you would wouldn't .

I would love to hear a LEO's perspective to this debeate on calling 911 I know they get a lot on non emergency..

8. disney david

disney david DIS Veteran

Thank you I knew I was not the only one who knew to call 911 for car break ins.

9. Tony NY

Tony NY DIS Veteran

your wellcome dave I was getting mad seeing ppl passing judgemt on call 911 on Disney ...

10. wdwfreeksince88

wdwfreeksince88 Only An Hour From The House Of Mouse

My fault on the Mississippi part...just had a brain fart

11. iuki

iuki Mouseketeer

It's also possible they borrowed the gun for their long drive vacation. :scratchin

12. roomthreeseventeen

....which is illegal.

13. LoriABil

LoriABil DIS Veteran

Assuming he doesn't have a permit. Lots of assuming going on...maybe we should hold off on speculation and wait for facts before judging anyone guilty of possessing an unlicensed firearm.

It was a sad thing for any family to go through, whether there was a gun in their car or not. And it can serve as a useful lesson to those going to the parks...

Disney is not immune from "bad guys."
    Don't leave valuables in your car. (Use the lockers?)
    Wipe off the Garmin spot (love this!).
    I'm sure there are other lessons to be learned, but 3 is my limit for one day! :)

14. Friendly Frog

Friendly Frog DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Can't believe all these pages turned into a discussion about keeping a gun versus the fact that Disney has no security cameras in the parking lot. I am very disappointed with Disney. They know that thieves are cruising the parking lots and that many of their guess will have luggage and other valuables in their cars. Not to mention the risk of personal attacks.

I don't expect Disney to be free of risk but I do expect the risk to be better managed.

15. Casemily

Casemily Mouseketeer

I guess I'm in the minority on the 911 vs non emergency. I've had my entire car stolen from right outside my door, broken into on a different occasion with stuff stolen, and even had my car hit while parked. Called non emergency number every time, while all were very upsetting, I don't really think of them as emergencies. Police still came promptly every time. Did call 911 while working at a drive thru at a restaurant because the guys was drunk, very drunk. Police nabbed him about 100 feet off property.

16. hookedonears

hookedonears Louisianan

Lots of people carry a gun in their car. There are a lot of things that are not known though:
    Was there a gun lock on the trigger?
    Was it locked in a glove compartment?
    Was it loaded?
    Was it conceiled?
    Did they have a permit to carry a conceiled weapon?
    Lots of unknowns here.

17. 15isto2

15isto2 DIS Veteran

I have never felt the need to shoot anyone at disney (ok maybee the Brazillian tour groups) but are you allowed to carry firearms there?

18. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

From the Disney Theme Parks & Water Parks FAQ:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/

Sayhello