Family coming to our pool for a few hours at Poly

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
I know this has been asked before, but its not happening to me lol! So we are staying at the Poly in a month and 2 of my sisters are joining us in the world for a trip. They are staying at ASMu. They are booked for their hotel, have their tickets, and are all set with their own reservations. There is one day that we will be at MK and will want to take a pool break and would love them to be able to join. It will only be for a few hours on one day. How do I do this? Do I have to go through the process of adding them to our room for a few pool hours? How does this work if they are registered guests at another resort? If I add them, wont they get magic bands sent along with ours (they will already have MBs for their ASMu stay)? Is this something I HAVE to do?

Are they DVC members? The pool is for the exclusive use of registered guests. Only DVC members have pool-hopping privileges.

Even members are not allow to pool hop to the Poly. You can go to their pool.

I know this has been asked before, but its not happening to me lol! So we are staying at the Poly in a month and 2 of my sisters are joining us in the world for a trip. They are staying at ASMu. They are booked for their hotel, have their tickets, and are all set with their own reservations. There is one day that we will be at MK and will want to take a pool break and would love them to be able to join. It will only be for a few hours on one day. How do I do this? Do I have to go through the process of adding them to our room for a few pool hours? How does this work if they are registered guests at another resort? If I add them, wont they get magic bands sent along with ours (they will already have MBs for their ASMu stay)? Is this something I HAVE to do?
If you need an answer now, your only options are to add them to your reservation or visit with them at ASM. You could also ask a manager when you're there for permission.

I'm told the Manager will quote the rules...no pool hopping, specially for non DVC members. Unfortunately, they cannot swim at the poly, unless you have added to your reservation IF you are below the number allowed for your room.

I'm told the Manager will quote the rules...no pool hopping, specially for non DVC members. Unfortunately, they cannot swim at the poly, unless you have added to your reservation IF you are below the number allowed for your room.
As a rule I think that's true but I've seen them allow visitation when it was reasonable. I've also seen them not allow it but generally for more egregious situations like a large party. Regardless, those are the ONLY reasonable type options as I see it. Everything else would be inappropriate and dishonest.

Can people be listed on two different resorts at once? I've wondered if while traveling with my DD and family, if I can add DGDs to my reservation, while they are still listed with their parent's resort.

Can people be listed on two different resorts at once? I've wondered if while traveling with my DD and family, if I can add DGDs to my reservation, while they are still listed with their parent's resort.
Being listed on two resort reservations at the same time will cause problems with your magic band. Or, in the least, you won't be able to open the door to both rooms with your bands. When listing people on multiple reservations, it's probably best to use a variation of their name and do not link the reservation to their MDE profile. They'll have to use a second band, not linked to their account, for the second reservation.

Can they, potentially yes, but it's not what Disney wants to happen. As noted, there are some technical issues if one is listed in more than one room.

So is your plan to put your DGD on your reservation so they and then their parents can swim? So obviously you don't have capacity to add them all to your Reservation?

The Poly's main pool is super busy these days with the east/quiet pool reduced to nothing but a big muddy patch of dirt right now. I couldn't believe it when I was on property a few days ago. Peeked through the construction fence to see not just "refurbishment" but every shred of landscaping and the entire pool was gone. It's a massive muddy mess with all our rains here in the Orlando area. I would NOT be a happy camper if I was staying at the Poly and folks that weren't staying there were added to the masses at the volcano pool. Not being a meanie, but that's one reason no pool hopping to the Poly is allowed for DVC members.

I would imagine going into the next week or two, Volcano Pool:beach: will certainly be at its max with folks vacationing before the kids return to school; big vacation weeks coming up/extremely hot weather will translate to crowded pool conditions I would think.:eek:

The Poly's main pool is super busy these days with the east/quiet pool reduced to nothing but a big muddy patch of dirt right now. I couldn't believe it when I was on property a few days ago. Peeked through the construction fence to see not just "refurbishment" but every shred of landscaping and the entire pool was gone. It's a massive muddy mess with all our rains here in the Orlando area. I would NOT be a happy camper if I was staying at the Poly and folks that weren't staying there were added to the masses at the volcano pool. Not being a meanie, but that's one reason no pool hopping to the Poly is allowed for DVC members.

Noooooooo! I love that pool. It had a deep end!!

OP.....just ask at the Front desk if you can have guests when you arrive. I have family in FL, and have done this many times. The answer has never been no. It's usually just two people and they accommodate us.
Late August is not a very busy time.....we are here now and always come this time of year because of the lower crowds.

Have a wonderful trip :)

So is your plan to put your DGD on your reservation so they and then their parents can swim? So obviously you don't have capacity to add them all to your Reservation?

No the idea was, while parents are having dinner somewhere, we could take the kids to the pool.

Noooooooo! I love that pool. It had a deep end!!

OP.....just ask at the Front desk if you can have guests when you arrive. I have family in FL, and have done this many times. The answer has never been no. It's usually just two people and they accommodate us.
Late August is not a very busy time.....we are here now and always come this time of year because of the lower crowds.

Have a wonderful trip :)
Don't ask the front desk. You ask the life guards. They have jurisdiction over the pool, not the CMs at the front desk.

Question - don't they scan the MBs at the deluxe pools now? I know they do at SAB. That kept a lot of people out when we stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter