1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Family cababas

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by moomy-san, Jan 24, 2013.

1. moomy-san

moomy-san I'd rather be in O'Gills.

How close are these to the water? Will my kids have sand to play in where I can see them from the cabana?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

There is a wide expanse of beach between the cabanas and the water. I would hesitate to send young ones off to play without you though, as there is a lot of foliage in front of each cabana that would block your view of them.

There is some sand right at the base of the cabana porch steps that they can play in. My "kids" (older teens) built a lovely sand castle there. :)

4. moomy-san

moomy-san I'd rather be in O'Gills.

Thanks! My kids are 8 & 12 so not too small, but one is an avid sand castle builder.

5. DVCNuts

DVCNuts Platinum At Last!

Notice the nice sand and the empty beach. Cabana guests get the experience previously available only to that family in the commercial for Disney Cruise Line.

[​IMG]

6. andersonfamily

andersonfamily Mouseketeer

The water is also really shallow for a good distance. When the tide goes out, there is a sandbar that comes up. IMO there is plenty of good sandcastle sand out there and an 8 and 12 year old would be okay there while you are chilling in the cabana. I would let me 8 and 6 year old play down there, but not the 4 year old. It's close enough to see them, but it would be hard to chase one of them down.