family activities?

pixiewings71

<marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!
So Vegasites, what's a good list of family activities? We've decided to do a trip to Vegas in June with the girls. We booked our time share which has a great pool but we are looking for activities that we can all do. We are already thinking the M&M Factory, the Lion King show, the dolphins and lions....a co-worker suggested a magic show but I didn't get details...anyone got any good ideas?
TIA!

So Vegasites, what's a good list of family activities? We've decided to do a trip to Vegas in June with the girls. We booked our time share which has a great pool but we are looking for activities that we can all do. We are already thinking the M&M Factory, the Lion King show, the dolphins and lions....a co-worker suggested a magic show but I didn't get details...anyone got any good ideas?
TIA!
The magic show you're looking for is Lance Burton at Monte Carlo.

There are interesting local museums - Liberace Museum; and the Atomic Testing Museum; and more.

Drive out to Red Rock or Valley of Fire. Or Hoover Dam. Or day trip to Grand Canyon.

Madame Tussad's at the Venetian.

Go Shopping.

Have fun planning your trip!

TIA!

Hi Kerri! When in June will you be here?

Check this website for some ideas: http://www.vegas.com/attractions/kids.html

My kids loved seeing KA. If you are interested in a Cirque show, that's one that is family friendly.

Definitely do all the freebie things like the Bellagio fountains and conservatory, the Mirage volcano, and the TI pirate show.
They also like the Venetian gondola ride.
And the Fremont street experience is fun too. They like to indulge in a deep fried Oreo or Twinkie!

Do they like pancakes? For breakfast my son loved eating at Hash House A Go-Go (there is one in Imperial Palace). The pancake was humungous!

If you are looking for cheap family eats, there is an Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood. Just like the one in DTD in Florida. We all love eating there.

Oh, and Shark Reef in Mandalay Bay kept my twins entertained for quite a while. They really enjoyed being able to touch the sting rays.

That's all I can think of for now, but I know you'll have a great time. :)

Thanks all, is the Grand Canyon really good for a day trip? It seems like quite the drive....
Beth we will be there the 20th-25th of June. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to try to get tickets to the Blue Man Group...I work with the NY group so I'm hoping for a good deal. :) Not sure if that can happen but never hurts to ask.
More ideas welcome everyone. :)

My 6 yr old is going for her 3rd trip next week. She loves it more than Disneyland (I know!!!! crazy).

She's a total people watcher and shop-aholic though so she definitely enjoys that but some of her other faves:

- the dolphins at Mirage (Secret Garden)
- Mystere (this one has kids ticket prices too - 50% off)-
- Blue Man Group (she's seen them twice and we'll see them again)
- the pinball museum
- the conservatory at the Bellagio
- the top of the Eiffel tower
- the Mandalay Bay shark reef
- the swimming pools!

I think we'll try and see Mac King next week too... heard very positive things about that one.
And we're going to see the Elvis Cirque show... she's also a Cirque nut.

Enjoy it! If you have any specific questions or want info on a great nanny company so you can have an evening free then feel free to shoot me a pm.

I went to Mac King Comedy Magic show at Harrah's (If I remember right). Family fun, fairly cheap (I think we paid like $12 a ticket from Tix4Tonight) and shows are at like 1 and 3 in the afternoon. Show was alright, but after seeing Copperfield it's tough to compare!

Oh, and Circus Circus has a indoor themepark ($25 for all day pass) if that would spark any interest for you and your family. Along with free circus shows every hour or something like that. :)

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited, I found out today I was able to get some Blue Man Group tickets. :) I did not know about the circus circus theme park......LOL I'll have to check into that. :)

The Midway and Adventuredome at Circus Circus can be fun.

Tournament of Kings at the Excalibur

We have a few parks nearby also.

Red Rock - 20 Mins from Strip
Mt. Charleston 45-60 mins from Strip
Valley of Fire 90 mins from Strip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter