Falmouth, Jamaica

reevesinga

Mouseketeer
Hey! I need the 'prettiest place' for a possible marriage proposal?! (One of my boys may pop the ? on our next cruise!)

Personal opinion, pick a different port.

Unfortunately, due to Falmouth's location, its about an hour from any of the major tourist spots (Dunn's River, etc), and outside the secured built up port area, really not much to see.

On the other hand Dunn's river falls isn't that far away and is pretty incredible, there are rafting trips on the Martha brae, horseback riding on the beach might be the proper setting. Kinda depends what they want. There are several cool excursions on the disney site that would fit the bill.

I was going to suggest that the OP's son should have a viable Plan B for location. The HAL cruise DH and I were on could not stop at Falmouth due to the currents, and we wound up at Montego Bay instead.

The two prettiest places I have seen on Jamaica are Noel Coward's home, Firefly (amazing hilltop location with beautiful views), and the Barrett estate. It is likely easier to get to the Barrett estate, I believe it features on one or two shore excursions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter