Oct 29-Nov 7 2016: 2 Newbies and 2 Disney veterans chase a...Skeleton? Plus a 2013 F&W TR tossed in!

Sept 28th-

So yesterday when I left you all there was the debate of after all the driving would we get up in time? Welp I woke up around 4am and couldn't breathe, I laid there a few moments before realizing my mom was no longer in the bed either. I look over and she's reading in the chair. She couldn't breath/sleep either. Not sure what was blooming the Tallahassee area, but we did not enjoy it. I laid there for a bit, and she asks "so are you going back to sleep?". My response was probably not. So what did we do? We packed up and rolled out of our room by around 5am. Off to Orlando we go.

I was very careful not to alert Ann to our schedule change. No Facebook posts. Not telling her we were on the road till about7/7:30 if I remember right. When she'd ask where we were I would fib a bit. Tell her there was traffic etc. We started getting close, pulling off the main highway toward Disney and I asked her which park she had ended up in. Just casually to give us an idea where we were going to go try to surprise her. The plan was for us to not get in till close to 12/1 and her meet us at the resort, split a pizza, and just hang/get ready for out night at MNSSHP and an ADR none of us had tried.

She kept letting me know where she was and I kept telling her how the traffic was moving. We arrived at Carribean Beach I think around 10/10:30. So even with some traffic we were there 3+ hours early. So what did we do? We checked in, dropped our stuff in the room, (that poor ann had gone round and round with the night before cause the floor was wet and it smelled moldy, and then she got lost. That was an interesting phone call while we were driving the night before.) and headed off to AK.

Just got caught up, for some reason the DIS didn't tell me you had updated! Yay for a fellow TR tosser...wait that sounded wrong...anyway way I am following along and excted to see what happens next. Also good ADR choices :thumbsup2
But what?? Via Napoli isn't high on your list?? :scared1: But its pizza and hot Italian guys?? Surely that should be the ONLY thing on your list! :rotfl:We don't really do character meals but I think that 1900 Park Fare would be a great one for your DD's as it had Cinderella and Prince Charming for them and the hilar Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine for you guys.
Love, Love, Love Sci-Fi and 50's. They are in my top five at Disney. Burgers and fried chicken? You got my vote! Classy classy :lmao:

Just got caught up, for some reason the DIS didn't tell me you had updated! Yay for a fellow TR tosser...wait that sounded wrong...anyway way I am following along and excted to see what happens next. Also good ADR choices :thumbsup2
But what?? Via Napoli isn't high on your list?? :scared1: But its pizza and hot Italian guys?? Surely that should be the ONLY thing on your list! :rotfl:We don't really do character meals but I think that 1900 Park Fare would be a great one for your DD's as it had Cinderella and Prince Charming for them and the hilar Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine for you guys.
Love, Love, Love Sci-Fi and 50's. They are in my top five at Disney. Burgers and fried chicken? You got my vote! Classy classy :lmao:

I know! I'm not sure I'm a fan of this whole "alert" thing.

Tossing a TR is better than tossing your cookies!

I LOVED the salad at Via. I'm just not a fan of thin crust pizza. But Ann and I discussed, and I think we will do and ADR there and all split a pizza OoP and then snack around the world for dinner. Maybe do that on a character breakfast morning!

1900 I have never done. And I don't believe that Ann has either. I'm not sure DF will be a huge "stand in line for characters" person unless they are for his favorites. Gotta love an ADD man.

*mutters profusely about posts deleting while I'm typing them*

Well here we go again..

Where our room was.

When I left off we got on a bus for AK!

Bus selfie (don't tell DM. Even though I tell her all the time she looks damn good for a 50+ year old woman. She doesn't like pictures of herself.)

So off we go.. I text Ann from the bus, and she tells me she thinks she may be leaving the park.

I remind her we are still 2-3 hours away. I think she said maybe she'd do another safari or ride EE again since I'm not a thrill seeker.

Either way, we finally get there and I ask her where she is now.

I'm leaving the park..

What do you mean? Where are you now?

On the way out near X

(I don't remember where she told me but it wasn't far past the tree of life split and she was near the right side there.)

I told her not to move. I'm sure she was standing there looking around like ***?!

I see her come into view. I cannot contain my excitement. Here is my best friend in the world I'm finally seeing again! I can't say our first meet really counts. We talked a bit and watched fireworks. This meet was after almost 2 years of very emotion planning and irl ups and downs. I just ran up to her and hugged her! I think her grin matched mine!

DM was a little hesitant but took it in stride. We headed off to Flame tree cause with the suprise and a McDonalds buiscut at 6am we were starving!

We has another friend join us for lunch. A bird who was wet and kept shaking off his wings. Then a duck bite someone's toes. I think .. Little fuzzy here. Off we went to ride one id never done.

Ann talked me into Dinosaur. I'm going to be honest here. This one is a pass for me. Too shaky and jerky. And I was a bit shaky when getting off, and I knew Ann was even more my best friend when she said she was as well!

After that we went on the safari!

Not going to post boring animal pics!

We were off to go get ready for MNSSHP! Any guesses on our costumes?!

Hey it's our Dinosaur pic. Yeah you can definitely tell Ashley was not a fan! :duck:

Getting ready was so much fun. I think we were all a little nervous sharing a room till we all started working around each other to get ready. Ann needed help with her wig/hair clip in, and I jumped right in to help. Fixing that hair became my job for the night! :rotfl2:

So off we went to our ADR.. where were we going you may ask? Somewhere none of us had eaten before! Liberty Tree Tavern and man oh man it was dang good!

Wasn't a fan of the dessert sadly.

Still no guesses on our costumes?

Here is Ann's.

Ginger's

Mine

If you couldn't guess them from the pictures, we did inspiration outfits so we would be comfortable.
Ginger- Merida but wouldn't wear a wig... or a dress
Ann - Ariel and we fixed that hair alll night haha
Me- Snow White

Now everyone got Ann's. Moms like no one. I had one or two people comment on mine... Dopey flipped when we got ready to take the pictures. He patted my bow and pointed it out to all the dwarves but the photopass guy didn't catch those parts.

We got lots and lots of candy and then hit up the parade. It was a ver y neat and different parade I must say. i loved the gravedigging zombies that danced with the shovels.

I have to admit it.. I didn't watch the castle show/hallowishes i had paid to see. Instead I waited in the non existent line and saw Jack and Sally to get an autograph for Buddy. They did one better. They made a video for him telling him they couldn't wait for him to come visit! Totally worth missing the fireworks!

Well we did the trail walks till out feet hurt.. all of us were in terrible cute shoes to match our outfits! As we headed out, I had to get a picture of this guy for Buddy! His costume was legit down to his red converse!

Back in the room.. I think this was just one of the candy bags.

Then we hit the hay our first big day!

September 28th, 2013

We headed into Epcot. We road some things in FW waiting until WS opened. We started exploring.

Did a lot of exploring and shopping in Japan.

I think I copied @pkondz!!
(or maybe he copied me. Don't know who's trip was first honestly!)

Ann picked a pearl to replace on she lost from a necklace on a previous trip!

Judging by my photo order apparently we had our fast passes for Soarin come up!

We then checked out the festival center and looked at the chocolate displays and had some ghairdelli liquid chocolate.. I think that was this day.. So rich and so yummy. That's like swim in a hot tub chocolate... Wait what? Haha

Yep here's that liquid gold.

Anyone out there actually following along and want to guess where dinner was? Another new ADR that's become one of my top 3 favs now!

This will make trip 30 for me I think?

Holy cow! :faint:

Here in Louisiana, by law elementary kids can only miss 10 days without doctors notes, etc.

Interesting. That sounds... unconstitutional.

Regardless of any of that, we have to have at least one MNSSHP date in the span somewhere.

Sweet! Love MNSSHP!

Opinions please! Some of these I've never been to!

I've been to some, not all.
I'm thinking DD6 might get a kick out of Whispering Canyon.

Bus selfie (don't tell DM. Even though I tell her all the time she looks damn good for a 50+ year old woman.

::yes::

I told her not to move. I'm sure she was standing there looking around like ***?!

I see her come into view. I cannot contain my excitement. Here is my best friend in the world I'm finally seeing again! I can't say our first meet really counts. We talked a bit and watched fireworks. This meet was after almost 2 years of very emotion planning and irl ups and downs. I just ran up to her and hugged her! I think her grin matched mine!

:goodvibes Love that!

Too shaky and jerky. And I was a bit shaky when getting off,

That's weird. I'm jerky when I get off Dinosaur.

Wait. I'm always a jerk.
Just ask my DW.

We were off to go get ready for MNSSHP! Any guesses on our costumes?!

Ginger- Merida
Ann - Ariel
You- Snow White

But those are just guesses. I'm probably wrong.

:rolleyes1

It was a ver y neat and different parade I must say.

I think I copied @pkondz!!
(or maybe he copied me. Don't know who's trip was first honestly!)

Well you were there first. Plus you have the couple snogging in the corner.

Anyone out there actually following along and want to guess where dinner was?

Via Napoli

We did Disney every year like some people do the beach. I'm turning 27 this year and have only been on 2 trips since I was 17. That's even more of a :scared1:

Interesting. That sounds... unconstitutional.

I was pretty sure they could miss like 13-14 until I got a note from my child's school in January saying we needed to attend "Saturday school" to earn back one of the 7 days she had missed since 10 was the limit before social services is called in to check out the home life. I told my mother she should attend since she had taken her to Disney for 5 days at Christmas making her have a 3 week break instead of a 2 week.

I've been to some, not all.
I'm thinking DD6 might get a kick out of Whispering Canyon.

We used to get the biggest kick out of this one. And DD loved ketchup, so I'm sure she'll get a nice embarrassed moment there. And DF is so picky but LOVES chocolate milk shakes. What better than a steak and shake! Haha

:goodvibes Love that!

It was a wonderful moment. I won't go into detail since we agreed not to drag people through the mud though the other party didn't follow though. I will say it was a very emotional few months leading up to the trip, and it was so nice to just finally be there with her!

But those are just guesses. I'm probably wrong.

Good guesses! I didn't realize how terrible my picture gathering was from that night haha

Well you were there first. Plus you have the couple snogging in the corner.

Lol! I didn't even notice them. I am NOT a patient picture taker.

Via Napoli

Would it surprise you to know that Via was my least favorite meal on this whole trip. The hot Italian men didn't make it better. Maybe I needed alcohol to enjoy that one.

Oh and you're incorrect haha!

So when I left you we were discussing dinner. We were in Epcot, so we jumped on the monorail and headed to... One of my now top 3 restaurants!

Omg the wave! A steak you can cut with a butter knife. Yep that's for me! The food and atmosphere was fantastic. Our server was a bit of a witch with a B. Another server/bartender ended up being more of a server to us than she was. If I remember right, my mom or ann asked the manager if he could have the tip or maybe they just tipped him some cash as well.

Mom and I each got this.

This was Ann's. I think salmon? Tuna maybe?

The creme brûlée was AMAZING. Too bad it was so little haha!

Wonder which park we were off to next.

We did Disney every year like some people do the beach. I'm turning 27 this year and have only been on 2 trips since I was 17. That's even more of a :scared1:

So lately it's one every five years or so.
Sounds like me! :laughing:

I was pretty sure they could miss like 13-14 until I got a note from my child's school in January saying we needed to attend "Saturday school" to earn back one of the 7 days she had missed since 10 was the limit before social services is called in to check out the home life.

Wow.
You might be interested in what this father had to say about something similar...
Father's letter

I told my mother she should attend since she had taken her to Disney for 5 days at Christmas making her have a 3 week break instead of a 2 week.

:lmao: Think she'll do it?? :rolleyes:

We used to get the biggest kick out of this one. And DD loved ketchup, so I'm sure she'll get a nice embarrassed moment there. And DF is so picky but LOVES chocolate milk shakes. What better than a steak and shake! Haha

Lol! I didn't even notice them. I am NOT a patient picture taker.

:laughing: I was like, "Oh, that's the same pict.... hey! What's going on over there???"

Would it surprise you to know that Via was my least favorite meal on this whole trip. The hot Italian men didn't make it better. Maybe I needed alcohol to enjoy that one.

Really! I've never been, but everyone just raves about how good it is! (and how hot the waiters are.)

Oh and you're incorrect haha!

Kinda figured that. :rolleyes2

We were in Epcot, so we jumped on the monorail and headed to... One of my now top 3 restaurants!

Are you kidding?!?!?
I was sitting there wondering where you were going to eat.
I thought. "It's going to be Sanaa or Wave. Sanaa's too far. Wait. They're in Epcot. Ah, they're just going to stay there, so I'll pick Via Napoli."

Our server was a bit of a witch with a B.

Your server was a witchb?

Order two... or twelve.

Wonder which park we were off to next.

MK

So lately it's one every five years or so.
Sounds like me! :laughing:

That's what happens when you start paying for the trips yourself! I think I may ask for my ticket from my mom or dad as my "present" for Christmas this year instead of all the varied things they get. And when asked what DD6 wants.. A visit to Bibbity Bobbity Boutique!

You might be interested in what this father had to say about something similar...

Oh I've read it and thought it was wonderful of him. It's not like I'm pulling her out because I'm lazy and want to stay home and sleep and not take her to school. I'm taking her on our first family vacation in 6 years. Buddy and I haven't even been on a vacation together in the 12 years we've been together. Means more to me than the 4-5 days she will miss of 1st grade.

:lmao: Think she'll do it?? :rolleyes:

Of course she didn't do it!

:laughing: I was like, "Oh, that's the same pict.... hey! What's going on over there???"

I was going through my photo bucket and was like hey! I've seen that almost exact pic!

Really! I've never been, but everyone just raves about how good it is! (and how hot the waiters are.)

I LOVED the salad. Very fresh with these yummy sweet pepper things. But I am not a fan of thin crust pizza!

Are you kidding?!?!?

Always suppose to go with your first instinct! It's the best haha!

Your server was a witchb?

Mhm. Play that game if you want. Trying not to curse on here!

You are correct. We actually walked from the Contemporary. Which I have never done. It was a nice walk.

Bus selfie (don't tell DM. Even though I tell her all the time she looks damn good for a 50+ year old woman. She doesn't like pictures of herself.)
Cute pic of both of you two!
How wonderful that you got to see each other again and enjoy Disney together! :D
We has another friend join us for lunch. A bird who was wet and kept shaking off his wings. Then a duck bite someone's toes.
:rotfl:
Omg the wave!
We liked it a lot last time too!
The food and atmosphere was fantastic.
Glad to hear it! May have add it back to the restaurants we want to visit.
Our server was a bit of a witch with a B.
LOL! I thought I was the only one that still said With with a B!!! :lmao:
Their little sampler trio is just lovely though! Glad they still have it!
I'm taking her on our first family vacation in 6 years. Buddy and I haven't even been on a vacation together in the 12 years we've been together. Means more to me than the 4-5 days she will miss of 1st grade.
We took our kids out of school in Dec. of 2011 for several days, and when asked to fill out the release forms from we simply wrote... "We're taking our 1st family trip to Walt Disney World!" :D

I LOVED the salad. Very fresh with these yummy sweet pepper things. But I am not a fan of thin crust pizza!

I'm not either... but I'll probably (some day) wind up trying it anyway.
Maybe I'll be the second person to post that they didn't enjoy it! :rolleyes1

Mhm. Play that game if you want. Trying not to curse on here!

The witchb put a curse of the poor server on you!

The witchb put a curse of the poor server on you!
My friend I'm betting you know this but just in case you don't...replace the "w" of witch with the letter "b". ;)
200.gif

Can't promise anything as you know...but I am here finally. It is wonderful to relive our trip through your eyes and to see what you are planning for next fall! I assume in the "2 to 4" who will join you it is me an mine. I suppose today I would have to say more like "1 to 2" will join you and leaning toward just the one!

Last edited:
Cute pic of both of you two!

Thanks! It is a very good one considering we both hate pictures.

How wonderful that you got to see each other again and enjoy Disney together! :D

Oh yes and we plan on many more including this PTR trip!

My friend I'm betting you know this but just in case you don't...replace the "w" of witch with the letter "b". ;)

Ooohh.. Like this?
bwitchb

Now I get it. ::yes::

Oh Wise and Smart A** :P

Love it when you call me Smart A**

*Amazing
**Adonis
(But to be grammatically correct it should be An Amazing Adonis. But don't worry, I still get it.)

Ya'll crack me up!!!

Can't promise anything as you know...but I am here finally. It is wonderful to relive our trip through your eyes and to see what you are planning for next fall! I assume in the "2 to 4" who will join you it is me an mine. I suppose today I would have to say more like "1 to 2" will join you and leaning toward just the one!

I'm more than happy if it ends up being you! No offense to your kids or husband but you are the only face out of those coming from WA that I want to see!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter