Fall 2016 planning (continuation of 2016 Free Dining Watch)

It seems like it is taking forever for park updates! We have 30 days until our first day at Disney and I am starting to get more anxious to have a final plan, LOL! Did everyone see the new Christmas light show that is starting November 14 at HS! I was sad thinking how HS would not feel likeChristmas this year without the Osborne lights but now I am excited to get some Christmas magic back. I am hoping that we will be able to buy the 3D glasses even if we don't attend the Dessert party.

me too on the glasses, and I assume there is a "non dessert" party viewing area. My niece has peanut and tree nut allergies so not worth it pay for the party when one person can not eat anything, maybe.

we will be at HS all day on 11/16 (Wednesday) which is one of the days the Star Wars show is being shown. Also there Tuesday night and could hop over on Thursday

EDIT TO ADD PARTY TIMES
NOVEMBER 14,15,18,19 5:45pm, show at 6:45pm
NOVEMBER 16 SHOW AT 9PM AND 17 SHOW AT 6:45PM NO DESSERT PARTY
NOVEMBER 20 THROUGH 26 8pm, show at 9pm
NOVEMBER 27 THROUGH 30 5:45pm, show at 6:45p,
DECEMBER 1 THROUGH 10 5:45pm, show at 6:45pm

11/16 is our all day HS day too!!! We have 11/20 as another half maybe full day at HS also. We have Minnie's Holiday Dine W/ Fantasmic booked that day so now I have to figure out times for everything. I have a Gluten intolerance and fussy kids so Dessert parties do not really work for us. I am hoping we can still get a good view because there seems to be great views of the theatre from many angles.:)

11/16 is our all day HS day too!!! We have 11/20 as another half maybe full day at HS also. We have Minnie's Holiday Dine W/ Fantasmic booked that day so now I have to figure out times for everything. I have a Gluten intolerance and fussy kids so Dessert parties do not really work for us. I am hoping we can still get a good view because there seems to be great views of the theatre from many angles.:)
we are doing Minnies Holiday Dine on 11/15 (no F!) at 6 so would not be able to do this show. Thinking now maybe to do it 11/17 as we are at MK which is closing at 4PM, the 6:45PM show on the 17th would be better with the 6 year old, get back to the resort sooner.

we are doing Minnies Holiday Dine on 11/15 (no F!) at 6 so would not be able to do this show. Thinking now maybe to do it 11/17 as we are at MK which is closing at 4PM, the 6:45PM show on the 17th would be better with the 6 year old, get back to the resort sooner.
The 17th sounds like a good idea because MK is closing so early you probably want to hop to another park that day anyway. I think we might do the 11/16 because 11/17 is our day off/DS day so if the kids are up a little later they can sleep in the next day.

our BOG PPO breakfast is no longer PPO, not really surprised. going to cancel it. Not sure we will make 8AM RD but no FP+ until 10:35 so plan to hit the "B" group attractions early before our 1st FP+.

our BOG PPO breakfast is no longer PPO, not really surprised. going to cancel it. Not sure we will make 8AM RD but no FP+ until 10:35 so plan to hit the "B" group attractions early before our 1st FP+.
That's frustrating! I think you have a good plan of hitting the "B" group before your FP+. We couldn't do PPO this year because our MK days had EMM hours and so we will try to make it for opening. Only 1 of our 5 is a morning person so we will see how it goes!

this thread has gone cold but if anyone is following I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the "journey" with you all going back to last Spring when we were wishing and hoping for FD. We did not get FD but a pretty good deal with a TA that is making this trip possible. Leaving in 4 days and can't wait to see Disney all decked out for Christmas!

It's going to be years before we can afford to go again and the kids really want to go to Universal next trip.
it's been fun

special thanks to @black562 and @The Dirty Steve

Last edited:
I am sad this thread is done, it was such fun planning with everyone! We start our drive to WDW in 4 days and the kids are getting so excited (so are myself and DH)! I hope to run into everyone on this thread in years to come on the DIS boards. My 3 kiddos don't think my name is original enough so when they figure out a new name I might have to open a new email and start over, LOL. I will let everyone know when they have decided what our new screen name is.:teeth: I hope everyone has (had) a wonderful time!pixiedust:

this thread has gone cold but if anyone is following I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the "journey" with you all going back to last Spring when we were wishing and hoping for FD. We did not get FD but a pretty good deal with a TA that is making this trip possible. Leaving in 4 days and can't wait to see Disney all decked out for Christmas!

It's going to be years before we can afford to go again and the kids really want to go to Universal next trip.
it's been fun

special thanks to @black562 and @The Dirty Steve

I am sad this thread is done, it was such fun planning with everyone! We start our drive to WDW in 4 days and the kids are getting so excited (so are myself and DH)! I hope to run into everyone on this thread in years to come on the DIS boards. My 3 kiddos don't think my name is original enough so when they figure out a new name I might have to open a new email and start over, LOL. I will let everyone know when they have decided what our new screen name is.:teeth: I hope everyone has (had) a wonderful time!pixiedust:

Safe travels and enjoy your trips!!

I'm so sad this thread is coming to a close, but I'm excited for those who still have trips ahead!!! I hope you all have safe travels and wonderful trips!!! I really have enjoyed planning with all of you and hope that we can chat again on future threads!!! :)

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season ahead!!! :santa:

I haven't checked this thread in awhile! Had a great time with all of you waiting for FD to drop. My dd16 still tells people about my board problems lol and getting up at 4am to book it! We had a wonderful trip! Wishing you all happy holidays! Won't be going next year but hoping for 2018. Thank you all!

Its-Over-Go-Home-Ferris-Buller-Gif.gif

I haven't checked this thread in awhile! Had a great time with all of you waiting for FD to drop. My dd16 still tells people about my board problems lol and getting up at 4am to book it! We had a wonderful trip! Wishing you all happy holidays! Won't be going next year but hoping for 2018. Thank you all!
we are going in 2 weeks but we cant do 2017 ;( will be hoping for 2018 to!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter