Fall 2016 DCP?

FOH = Front of the House - Interaction with Guests
BOH = Back of the House - no interaction with Guests just fellow CMs

First program: (FOH)Worked 10-6pm - after work - went to the parks - got up @ 7:30am; long bus ride to EWWOS
Second program: (BOH) Worked 8pm-2am MK - after worked crashed at apt - nothing to do - if went to the parks in the afternoon needed to get back to change for shift.

I want to apply for Fall 2016, but I'm a little worried. I applied for Spring 2016 but I did not pass the web interview. Since I have to wait 6 months for the results of the WBI to clear, will I be ok to re-apply? I took the WBI in mid-September. I'm worried the Fall 2016 application will close before I can re-apply.

I really want to apply for fall 2016!!! I'm completing my undergrad in the spring so its my last opportunity to do the DCP because I won't be able to take off time during a graduate program. I'm a little nervous about the application process and want this so bad I'm afraid of the disappointment that will come if I don't get accepted!! (Praying for the best). I'm so glad you posted this forum because I've been thinking about doing it for so long, I thought I was the only one thinking about next year already!! I just hope that this experience is going to be everything I think it will be and more..I'm pretty shy at first but I hope that the DCP will really help me break out of my shell a little bit more, and what a better place to live for like five months!!!

I did the DCP in fall of 2014 in attractions in MK, so if any of you have questions, feel free to ask! I'm considering applying again for fall 2016; I'm not ready to go to graduate school yet. :-)

I did the DCP in fall of 2014 in attractions in MK, so if any of you have questions, feel free to ask! I'm considering applying again for fall 2016; I'm not ready to go to graduate school yet. :-)
What did your job in attractions entail? I'm kind of nervous to say that I would want to do that job or not.

What did your job in attractions entail? I'm kind of nervous to say that I would want to do that job or not.

Well, there's obviously the running the attraction part. This requires your full attention, so if you get distracted easily I would say it's not for you. Nothing is too complicated, and I worked at two attractions. In addition to operating the rides, you'll be grouping people, so be prepared to work in loud environments with guests. By far the most stressful position is merge, where you have to keep up with two different groups of people and maintain order. You'll also find yourself answering a lot of guest questions and parking a bunch of strollers. There's also behind the scenes stuff like helping out your fellow cast members. To be perfectly honest, the people you work with will make or break your experience. You'll be with those people for 6-12+ hours a day, and you really will rely on them, because attractions is very much a team, even if you don't realize it. If you have more specific questions regarding attractions or the DCP in general, let me know!

Well, there's obviously the running the attraction part. This requires your full attention, so if you get distracted easily I would say it's not for you. Nothing is too complicated, and I worked at two attractions. In addition to operating the rides, you'll be grouping people, so be prepared to work in loud environments with guests. By far the most stressful position is merge, where you have to keep up with two different groups of people and maintain order. You'll also find yourself answering a lot of guest questions and parking a bunch of strollers. There's also behind the scenes stuff like helping out your fellow cast members. To be perfectly honest, the people you work with will make or break your experience. You'll be with those people for 6-12+ hours a day, and you really will rely on them, because attractions is very much a team, even if you don't realize it. If you have more specific questions regarding attractions or the DCP in general, let me know!

Merge= Many people's own personal form of hell. One time a guest at merge almost slapped me. LOL. But I loved it as I find maintaining order super fun.

I worked at the Jungle Cruise, which is unique in that in addition to keeping the attraction running, you are also working as an entertainer! I would not trade the experience for the world. 100% agree that your coworkers make it or break it.

FOH = Front of the House - Interaction with Guests
BOH = Back of the House - no interaction with Guests just fellow CMs

First program: (FOH)Worked 10-6pm - after work - went to the parks - got up @ 7:30am; long bus ride to EWWOS
Second program: (BOH) Worked 8pm-2am MK - after worked crashed at apt - nothing to do - if went to the parks in the afternoon needed to get back to change for shift.
Awesome, thanks for that! I've seen people use FOH and BOH all the time but was never sure what it meant. Did you have any say in the shifts/hours you worked, or did they basically make your schedule for you? As you stated, I would love to get my shifts over in the earlier part of the day because I feel all the magic of Disney parks happen at night and I really would like to enjoy them as much as possible (as I'm sure everyone would.) Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for that! I've seen people use FOH and BOH all the time but was never sure what it meant. Did you have any say in the shifts/hours you worked, or did they basically make your schedule for you? As you stated, I would love to get my shifts over in the earlier part of the day because I feel all the magic of Disney parks happen at night and I really would like to enjoy them as much as possible (as I'm sure everyone would.) Thanks!
I can't speak for anyone's experience but my own, but 98% of my shifts were closing shifts. Some believe CP really just stands for Closing Person. You don't have any say in the shifts you work, or how much you work. They will schedule at least 30 hours a week, and can go up to 50-60 hours scheduled. The only way to change your shifts is to trade or give away shifts. Only full-time, and maybe part-time get a bid (put in what times/days they want), so CPs get whatever the full-timers don't want. Which is normally the night shift. While it doesn't sound as good, I really enjoyed the late shift, and you get used to it quickly. I got to watch the fireworks often when I was at greeter because of where my attraction was, and you'll still get days off to do stuff in the evenings. Also keep in mind that your shift times will all depend on where you work. A 10-6pm shift at AK is often a closing shift, whereas at MK that's a midday shift.

I'm applying for Fall (Advantage) 2016! It'll be my third program. I did Fall Advantage 2013 and Summer Alumni 2015, both in Merchandise! (First at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort, and then at Epcot in World Showcase Center.)

I graduate in May, so I'm excited to stay in Orlando after my program and get my real career started!

I'm also applying for Fall Advantage 2016! I'm hoping to work hospitality, concierge or bell services, as I have worked in a hotel for many years and would love to be a part of a larger operation.

I'm going to do my program, return to IU for Spring 2017, then graduate and hopefully return to start a full time career. I won't pretend to be as passionate as all of you are about Disney, but its a great place with a lot of fond memories. I'm actually doing the program because my passion for helping others can be matched by no one besides Disney.

Looking forward to working with all of you!

Just applied for DCP Fall 2016 and then my fall back for Fall 2016. Am I the only one who keeps looking at the dashboards and my email all the time waiting for the online interview?!

I applied for concierge, front desk for my top picks and then also attractions and character attendant. My brother did the program back in 2010 and now has a full time job with Disney and he loves it. I love everything about Disney. I have dreamed about having a job with Disney ever since the first time I went back in 2009.

A little about me, I go to community college for nursing. I have been to DW at least 10 times and just this year 2 times. Right before this program I will be going on my first Disney cruise on the Magic.

Last edited:
So I dunno about anyone else, but I am SUPER excited to do the DCP in a year!! Of course I realize I may not get accepted but still, confidence is half of it right? Anyone else planning on trying for Fall 2016?
I just applied and had my phone interview and am just waiting to hear back! I graduate in May so I'm reaaaallllyyy hoping to draw some fireworks on my grad cap :)

Does anyone know when they usually cut off applications for Fall? My DD is thinking of applying, but is not sure if it is right for her. We have a trip to WDW in March and I am hoping she can talk to some CP cast members and then decide if she wants to do it after our trip. So I am hoping applications can be taken through the month of March.
the woman who interviewed me over the phone said that most decisions will be made by the end of march, so i assume they'll close apps during that month as well. If it helps, there are a lot of blogs that people participating in the program have made to share info and advice! and i know people who have done the program and encouraged ME to apply as well!

I'm actually at community college right now, and I thought it would be best to try and do it before I transfer to a University for my junior year kind of like an inbetween thing. If I wont be able to get scholarships though after I do the dcp I don't think I will do it next fall...:/
i went to community and transferred to a 4 year school and now im applying for cp as a second semester senior! i don't think it will affect your ability to get scholarships, because you'll just be starting at a 4 year school a semester later than planned, and people transfer in for spring all the time. Definitely talk to a transfer adviser at your school (or one at universities youre looking into for afterward)!!!

For those who completed their phone interview, how long from the time you submitted you application to the phone interview?
My S is in the "thank you but to the high volume" status now. He's done the program twice EWWOS and MK, both Spring Adv: QSFB. But this time he's applying for fall only - we know that will limit him but he's gotta do summer school.

For those who completed their phone interview, how long from the time you submitted you application to the phone interview?
My S is in the "thank you but to the high volume" status now. He's done the program twice EWWOS and MK, both Spring Adv: QSFB. But this time he's applying for fall only - we know that will limit him but he's gotta do summer school.
I submitted my app on 1/15, got an email to take the web-based interview that same day, and following that by a couple of hours I scheduled my phone interview. My friend applied yesterday and it was the same for her. However, I wouldn't worry too much about your son's app because 1) They're probably sorting through early candidates to get caught up and 2) QSFB is one of the roles they like to fill with CP's the most because not a lot of people are willing to do it. Hope that helps some!

Hi everyone! I just had my phone interview this morning and I think it went really well- now for the dreaded waiting to hear back! Hopefully I get accepted! My top roles are Concierge, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and Character Attendant. I had a hard time choosing because I really love most of the roles. Hopefully I'll see some of you there in the fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts