Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust! Jenn & Kevin 10/12/14 Italy/ADH/France - The End (7/2016 New TR Link!)

Oh wow, just wow! I am actually caught up. What a truly amazing day Jenn, every little detail. In no particular order...

LOVE the cake but oh my yes, Fondant is ridiculously hard to cut through!

What were you two drinking during the toasts?

Way to get out there and keep the dance floor moving (even if I have a hard time with the 50+ comment lol)

Your poor feet. You had those shoes on for a LONG time but good call not taking them off.

The vows were just beautiful and your brother, wow, how incredibly special to have him as your officiant.

The balcony in Italy, score!

The final countdown. LOVE it! That's fabulous.

What a bummer about the Mickey Treats but good that you looked through your emails before complaining.

What a stunning wedding and how magical for you both, and all your guests.

Oh wow, just wow! I am actually caught up. What a truly amazing day Jenn, every little detail. In no particular order...

LOVE the cake but oh my yes, Fondant is ridiculously hard to cut through!

What were you two drinking during the toasts?

Way to get out there and keep the dance floor moving (even if I have a hard time with the 50+ comment lol)

Your poor feet. You had those shoes on for a LONG time but good call not taking them off.

The vows were just beautiful and your brother, wow, how incredibly special to have him as your officiant.

The balcony in Italy, score!

The final countdown. LOVE it! That's fabulous.

What a bummer about the Mickey Treats but good that you looked through your emails before complaining.

What a stunning wedding and how magical for you both, and all your guests.

Good to see you Cynthia! I've seriously been slacking on your threads - can't believe it's nearly Princess weekend!!

Our "signature drink" if you will was sangria, based on our favorite recipe from Legal Seafoods (it wasn't that good though, because they made them in large batches). So that's what we had in our glasses!

Bahaha, I will say that while most of our guests were over 50, they were also not into the same music I had requested, which was really where the lack of dancing came from ;) Getting to go up on the balcony in Italy was one of the (many, many, MANY) highlights of the day.

You're so sweet to say such kind words about our day, it means so much!

Good to see you Cynthia! I've seriously been slacking on your threads - can't believe it's nearly Princess weekend!!

Our "signature drink" if you will was sangria, based on our favorite recipe from Legal Seafoods (it wasn't that good though, because they made them in large batches). So that's what we had in our glasses!

Bahaha, I will say that while most of our guests were over 50, they were also not into the same music I had requested, which was really where the lack of dancing came from ;) Getting to go up on the balcony in Italy was one of the (many, many, MANY) highlights of the day.

You're so sweet to say such kind words about our day, it means so much!

LOL, I couldn't figure out for the life of me as in my mind it was breakfast time...but that looked like red wine and that seemed odd. Sangria makes sense but I'm sorry it wasn't very good, that's a drag.

Funny about the music, I swear we know more than the kids do half the time except maybe Taylor. We were watching the grammy's last night and Evan was lost half the time. Jeff and I always use that show as a way to update our playlists (as we grumble about all the awards they DON'T show...like rock, alternative, jazz...). In fact I think I added a couple of songs to my PHM playlist last night. I admit, if it's electronica or rap playing...I can't see how to dance to that but top 40 stuff? That's a no brainer even if we are over 50. Ok, even if JEFF is over 50. I am staring it in the eye so I should probably lump myself in there.

I have to admit that the fact that your aunt and uncle helped your grandma up to be part of the last dance made me teary :) And yes, fondant is hard to cut through once it's set! It's not so hard once it's still soft and pliable, but my god. We just finished our wedding cakes in my class and so many people forgot to wrap theirs properly, so they were fighting to cut it so they could roll it out.

Can't wait to see your DP!

You posted on my PJ & I had to be a little curious (The Alice in me) & read thru yours.
So beautiful! And the fact that people were wheeling your gramma out on the dance floor-- LOVE IT!
I know I'm not planning a wishes wedding, but it was so sweet & fun reading yours.

LOL, I couldn't figure out for the life of me as in my mind it was breakfast time...but that looked like red wine and that seemed odd. Sangria makes sense but I'm sorry it wasn't very good, that's a drag.

Funny about the music, I swear we know more than the kids do half the time except maybe Taylor. We were watching the grammy's last night and Evan was lost half the time. Jeff and I always use that show as a way to update our playlists (as we grumble about all the awards they DON'T show...like rock, alternative, jazz...). In fact I think I added a couple of songs to my PHM playlist last night. I admit, if it's electronica or rap playing...I can't see how to dance to that but top 40 stuff? That's a no brainer even if we are over 50. Ok, even if JEFF is over 50. I am staring it in the eye so I should probably lump myself in there.

Yep sangria! Though many of our guests ended up ordering mimosas throughout the day and in hindsight I wish I had one of those instead!

It sounds like you do know more about music these days - we didn't even watch the Grammy's! My iPod is pretty much just Broadway showtunes and whatever I heard on the radio during those occasional times I drive my car. You would have been a real asset to my dance floor!

I have to admit that the fact that your aunt and uncle helped your grandma up to be part of the last dance made me teary :) And yes, fondant is hard to cut through once it's set! It's not so hard once it's still soft and pliable, but my god. We just finished our wedding cakes in my class and so many people forgot to wrap theirs properly, so they were fighting to cut it so they could roll it out.

Can't wait to see your DP!

It was even harder to cut through when we dug into the top tier later that week (and only had a plastic knife to work with!) It makes me feel a bit better that even those more experienced with fondant have trouble sometimes :)

You posted on my PJ & I had to be a little curious (The Alice in me) & read thru yours.
So beautiful! And the fact that people were wheeling your gramma out on the dance floor-- LOVE IT!
I know I'm not planning a wishes wedding, but it was so sweet & fun reading yours.

I'm glad you popped in over here! I know you're not planning a wishes wedding but it's still fun to read about other people's plans - every wedding is a fun wedding!

The Wedding Day, Part 14 - The Dessert Party

We were among the last guests to leave, and decided to walk back to Beach Club with our family and some of our other Beach Club guests. Along the way, our BM's girlfriend Suzanna snapped one of our favorite candids from the wedding day:

We walked past the boat dock and to our surprise ran into the same family who had seen us at MCO as well as the bus stop a few days before. It turns out, they had also bumped into Kevin at the DTD bus stop the night before the wedding and asked him if we had been married yet, and now here they were again on our wedding day! It was so funny that we kept running into them, and they shouted congrats to us as their kids looked a little dumbfounded to see a bride and groom just walking around Disney.

If those look like additional Root pictures to you, you'd have guess right! The Roots went back to Beach Club to meet up with a former couple of theirs who happened to be at the resort that day, and we just so happened to walk right into them! It was so funny to see them as kind of a coda to our day.

Everyone retired to their rooms for the next 4 hours. Before we parted, I asked Suzanna (who has one of those funky Conair hair curling tools) to drop by the room before we left to recurl the parts of my hair that had completely fallen out. I knew I didn't want frizzy humid hair in our dessert party pictures, so she agreed to come by our room around 6:45pm, and we would all walk over together at 7:15pm (we asked our guests coming to the International Gateway to meet us by 7:30pm, even though our BEO said we wouldn't be let in till 7:45pm - I wanted to account for stragglers). Sinclaire followed us to the room to collect her belongings and then we settled in for a few hours of rest.

I peeled my dress off (literally peeled, that thing was stuck to me!) and changed back into my bride robe, while Kevin opened one of the bottles of champagne we had brought from home. We relaxed and went through social media looking at all the posts from friends and family and the pictures people had already shared, and then just talked through the day about what it was like during the time we weren't together. Much to Kevin's dislike, we also watched the livestream of our ceremony (and he promptly ran out of the room once he heard himself on camera). This time together is seriously one of my favorite memories of the day, just the two of us reliving it all - we intend to get that same bottle of champagne every anniversary now and I love the idea to bits.

We both attempted to nap, with me lying flat on my back so as not to disturb my makeup (since my hair was going to be recurled I figured it didn't matter if it got a little crushed) but it was a pretty light nap as I'm more comfortable sleeping sprawled out everywhere. All my talks of ordering a cheeseburger totally went to waste, as we weren't the least bit hungry! Even with all that dancing our hunger levels went from stuffed to comfortably full to "yeah, I could eat" until we got to the DP (whoo!).

Before we knew it there was a knock on our door and Kevin, Vanessa and their significant others arrived. Suzanna recurled my hair as we sat around chatting about what everyone had done since the reception (lots of naps) and Vanessa helped me get back into my dress. I really wanted to wear my wedding heels again but the blisters on my feet were unlike anything I had ever seen before, so I kept the flip flops on. I figured I'd rather my dress get a little bit dirty due to my flip flops being 1/2 inch shorter than not be able to walk at all (I kept my dress all bustled up - in fact, it's still bustled to this day!)

We set off for the International Gateway by way of one of Beach Club's many side paths and within minutes we were walking up to the turnstiles. Most of our guests had already arrived and we spread out by the Guest Relations booth in little clusters just chit chatting. Someone (I'm going to assume one of our parental sets) had found our media guide and kept an eye on him and when we would be able to enter the park. I also had another Disney bride meetup - this time with a bride who had been married that day! Nothing like getting a photo of two brides in their gowns, this was a serious highlight!

We were texting back and forth with our groomsman Brian, who was at the front entrance and in charge of reporting who was there from our group to us so we would know when we had everyone. At one point we confirmed everyone was there (minus Kevin's aunt and uncle who weren't feeling well and hadn't come), though we still had to wait a bit before we could actually go in. I don't remember the time exactly, but I think we definitely were a little late getting into the park.

Finally our guide rounded us up and it was time for us to go in. He asked everyone with a ticket to go through the usual turnstiles with regular guests, while all those without a ticket were ushered through a set of Mickey readers as a big group, with the guide keeping track of whoever we needed to be billed for. It was a little chaotic, but we regrouped on the other side of the readers and were led off to Eau de France.

Now picture if you will Epcot, an hour before Illuminations, on a holiday weekend, walking over the bridge to France, and you might have an idea of the crowds that were there. Epcot was PACKED, but once people noticed we were walking through in our wedding attire there were cheers and clapping from all around us. I have to admit, this was a huge part of wanting an Illuminations dessert party in the first place, and it was so, so worth it.

We walked through the upper French pavilion where another party was set up, and down the stairs to Eau de France, where Kristie was waiting for us with a blonde woman I assumed to be Amanda. There were hugs to be had and chit chatting, and it was so wonderful to see them both. They had other people to catch up with though, so after I called Kevin over for a final goodbye they were on their way. To this day I regret not getting a picture with both of them, especially since Amanda no longer lives in Florida. Man, if I could turn back time.

Further down the pavilion we met a couple of CMs from conventions and events (I think that was it?) who would be acting as our Kristie for the night in the event we needed anything or if there was any difficulties. They gave us a little gift bag with 2 3D glasses that made all the lights (and presumably the fireworks to come) look like Mickey heads, and a voucher for the two of us to return to Epcot for a private Illuminations viewing in the UK for one time in the next year. Unfortunately, the voucher was tossed out when we changed rooms later in the week, so I can't tell you what that viewing area is like - hopefully one of you future brides can let me know!

Our guests immeadiately jumped into the line for the buffet, so we walked around mingling and chatting with people and making an effort to talk with those we hadn't spent as much time with at the reception. After a little bit our group from the front of the park arrived (I don't know if they entered at the same time as us and it just took them that much longer to hike up to France, or if they were somehow delayed) and soon after Nate & Jensey showed up on their own (due to their APs). They got to work photograhing the food and the area while we finally got to eating, now that the line had died down.

Our ice cream sundae bar

The wonderful pyramid of cronuts!!

Vat of Disney popcorn, with the nacho bar at the other end (where you can see me). We also had a tea/coffee/water station on the other side of the popcorn.

As for the food, the cronuts and nacho bar were the biggest hits, especially since most people hadn't had a cronut before and, as with most things in life, if you smother them with hot cheese they end up being delicious (the nachos that is - not the cronuts!) The guacamole left something to be desired, as I like mine chunky and this was verrrrry smooth, almost sauce like and way way too salty, but this was literally the only food misstep of the entire day - it was really only noticeable to me because the guac was something I had requested for the bar.

At one point Jensey came up to me and said she could follow me around and get photos with whoever I wanted. I was really caught off guard and I wished I had planned it better, because while I got some really sweet pictures with people there are some friends and family I have no pictures with from the whole day, and I have no idea where Kevin was for any of these.

This is one of the best ones though. So it's worth mentioning that Eau de France is not handicap accessible - while the upper France pavilion has a ramp leading down to it the lower is only accessible by stairs. At the time, we didn't think this would be an issue because we didn't imagine my grandmother would be able to make the trip, and of course when she did actually decide to come it was 3 days before we left for Orlando, so it's not like we could have changed the venue or anything. What ended up happening is my 2 brothers and 2 male cousins actually lifted her in her wheelchair and carried her all the way down the steps, and all the way up again so she didn't have to worry about doing the steps herself.

Moral of the story: if you suddenly find yourself with a wheelchair bound guest at an non-accessible venue, hope that you have at least 4 20-something guests in attendance who have good upper body strength!

I know this is basically the same picture, but SHOOTING STAR!! Or something else. But we think shooting star

Nate and Jensey pulled us over to their photo setup and explained the procedure - Nate would be next to us and Jensey in front of us, but we were never to look at Nate's camera, only Jensey's. I made a crack about how we wouldn't get to actually watch the show and Jensey pointed out that they were really only going to be photographing during the high fireworks and more explosive parts of the show, so we would get to enjoy a good chunk of it. They set us up for a few test shots -

All of a sudden there was this SCREAMING behind us, shrieking and chanting and clapping. Remember that private party on France upper we had passed?

We had a Brazilian Tour Group at our dessert party. In that moment, when they all lost it over the flash going off, my heart sank. I could only picture 15 minutes of our fireworks pictures with the screams of 15-year old girls shrieking and trying to get our attention and I knew there was nothing we could do about it. They kept waving us down and shouting at us once they realized we were there, enough so that Kevin actually approached one of our guides and asked if the CM could go up there and ask that they leave us alone (his response was "I can't, but you can"). I know it's all good natured but in the moment it was very hard not to see them as a total mood killer to part of my day I had been looking forward to for so many years, especially as we continued to mingle and they kept trying to get our attention by shouting at us.

In a few minutes though, it was all for naught, as the show began and they fell silent with the first burst of fireworks.

(Continued in next post)

Last edited:

The show started and we were instantly entranced - so much so that my first memories are watching the beginning of the show and suddenly hearing Jensey shout over the music "Look at me! Look at me!" Oops. Even now when I listen to Illuminations all I can think of in the beginning is her trying to get our attention.

After that initial fiery opening, the show calmed down and focused on the globe, and we shouted a big "Sorry!" to Jensey for not looking at her. She said it was fine, they weren't going to be shooting for a few minutes, but to be ready once fireworks started happening again.

I loooooove the colors in this one!

We have a good number of these in black and white, but for the most part I think the color is better for sharing purposes, given that you know, they're FIREWORKS and all

And sometimes, we still got distracted. Oops!

Just like that, the dessert party (and the wedding day) was over. Nate called us over to check out that third to last shot and we were all positively giddy over it. BM-Kevin and his roommate were hovering over Nate & Jensey the whole time they were shooting, and started peppering Nate with tips and techniques for photographing fireworks (they are both amateur photographers). Nate was very enthusiastic about sharing what he knew and even went so far as to give out his e-mail to the guys and told them to reach out to him at any time. The time came for The Roots to depart and with big hugs and promises to meet up again whenever we were next in town Nate & Jensey headed out of the park.

We lingered to say goodbye to our guests, as all but a handful of them were leaving the next day and this was our chance to say goodbye and thank them for coming. Before she left, I bent down to give my grandmother a hug and she whispered that she had tried to convince my dad to let her stay longer, but he wasn't having any of it. Considering how worked up she got over traveling down to Florida and how worried she was it was so sweet that she had the time of her life. My mom, because she is wonderful, came up to me with 3 water cups filled with mini cronuts for us to take back to our room for snacking throughout the week. Finally, we left the Eau de France and started to walk back to Beach Club in a now deserted Epcot.

We strolled back to Beach Club just the two of us in the now quiet and uneventful night. We made it back to the room after 10:00pm, a full 19 hours after I woke up that morning to start the day. It was so surreal and so sad that the day was finally over, but in every way it was the most perfect of perfect days for us and the best wedding day I ever could have dreamed.

And that's the wedding day! It's so wild to me that this day is not only over (and nearly 4 months ago!) but also that my recap of this day is over too! In some ways it feels just as sad as realizing the day itself was over. I'll be taking a slight break in the action to follow up with vendor reviews and our at-home reception to keep up with the wedding theme, but then I've got two weeks of honeymoon to tell you all about! I can't thank all of you enough for reading and following along our day, it means more than anything!

Last edited:
OMG I hate rude obnoxious people!! I know they wanted to wish you well, but c'mon!!
And I hate to say this, my grandmother grew up in Rio Brazil & she even said she disliked Brazillians.
If it were my husband, he would have taken care of it no matter what or who they were. He doesn't put up with stuipidity.
Glad the fireworks saved you!!

And loved reading your last little bit! Now I'm really dreaming!!

:lovestruc

Love the fireworks shots! How magical, I can completely see being distracted. Very glad the tour group quieted down, I can absolutely see where that would have been a huge worry! An amazing day all around.

Honestly, as gorgeous as your fireworks photos are, this one is my favorite. It's just so freaking cute, and you can see the love you guys share in the way you're holding onto each other :lovestruc So cute!

I can understand the surreal feeling, but not related to wedding stuff. It's so weird when something you've been planning and looking forward to for so long happens or ends and then it's like "...What now?" Thank you for sharing your recap with us! It was lovely :) (And I fully admit that I've shown DF so many of your pictures that he recognizes them now :lmao:)

Jenn, your dessert party pictures are just stunning! I also love the picture of you and Kevin walking, with him holding your shoes. It is precious. Your DP food pictures are making me so excited... I can already hear the nacho bar calling my name. ;) It's been so wonderful to follow along with your wedding TR.

Yay, your whole wedding day sounds amazing. I've been telling my fiance about it, and he's like, wait who's Jenn and Kevin? :rotfl: Your dessert party menu sounds so delicious! I hadn't thought about a nacho bar.

Can't wait to hear about your honeymoon next! :goodvibes

Your wedding day seemed so absolutely perfect! I loved that you ended the day with a dessert party but that stinks about the teenage girls hooting and hollering the whole time! but the Roots did such an amazing job with your photos especially your firework photos I am so jealous and wish I could the same thing :rotfl: I can't wait to see how your at home reception went and your honeymoon especially the disney cruise part I am super partial to those! Again congratulations on your big day!

Melissa :goodvibes

You know - I know I kind of ended that like a goodbye, but I still have the honeymoon to do! Thank god. It's just so sad to realize my recap of my wedding day itself is over! I almost feel sadder now then I did after the actual wedding day (probably because I had 2 weeks of vacation plus a recap to follow!) Like I said, I'll still be doing my final vendor reviews and an entry about my at-home reception to follow ;)

OMG I hate rude obnoxious people!! I know they wanted to wish you well, but c'mon!!
And I hate to say this, my grandmother grew up in Rio Brazil & she even said she disliked Brazillians.
If it were my husband, he would have taken care of it no matter what or who they were. He doesn't put up with stuipidity.
Glad the fireworks saved you!!

And loved reading your last little bit! Now I'm really dreaming!!

:lovestruc

When I was on the college program we had a co-CP from Brazil who said he couldn't even stand the tour groups! It definitely helps you feel validated in your annoyance. That, and I think 50 15-year old girls of any nationality are bound to be a little obnoxious!

Love the fireworks shots! How magical, I can completely see being distracted. Very glad the tour group quieted down, I can absolutely see where that would have been a huge worry! An amazing day all around.

Thank you!! It also didn't help it was our first time seeing Illuminations in over a year, so we did want to watch it!

Honestly, as gorgeous as your fireworks photos are, this one is my favorite. It's just so freaking cute, and you can see the love you guys share in the way you're holding onto each other :lovestruc So cute!

I can understand the surreal feeling, but not related to wedding stuff. It's so weird when something you've been planning and looking forward to for so long happens or ends and then it's like "...What now?" Thank you for sharing your recap with us! It was lovely :) (And I fully admit that I've shown DF so many of your pictures that he recognizes them now :lmao:)

It's so funny that you say that - that's the one picture out of the entire day (all 1200 pictures) that Kevin picked to put on his desk at work. He says it's his favorite too :lovestruc I love how it was photographed that it almost comes out like a stolen moment.

And I've done that to Kevin too, over our whole engagement - he actually recognizes the musical intro to Trinity's sneak peek videos by sound thanks to my watching so many. Or I would go show him someone and he would be like "oh yeah, so-and-so". Totally common for a Disney groom ;)

Jenn, your dessert party pictures are just stunning! I also love the picture of you and Kevin walking, with him holding your shoes. It is precious. Your DP food pictures are making me so excited... I can already hear the nacho bar calling my name. ;) It's been so wonderful to follow along with your wedding TR.

Seriously, the nacho bar, the truffle mac and cheese, and the cronuts were the biggest food crowd pleasers we had all day. I very highly recommend!!!

I LOVE that picture to bits, I totally didn't even remember him holding my shoes! Feels very classic and fairytale-esque if you ask me.

Yay, your whole wedding day sounds amazing. I've been telling my fiance about it, and he's like, wait who's Jenn and Kevin? :rotfl: Your dessert party menu sounds so delicious! I hadn't thought about a nacho bar.

Can't wait to hear about your honeymoon next! :goodvibes

You're so funny!! Like I said above, it's classic Disney Groom syndrome if you ask me :D I can't wait to move on to the honeymoon!

Your wedding day seemed so absolutely perfect! I loved that you ended the day with a dessert party but that stinks about the teenage girls hooting and hollering the whole time! but the Roots did such an amazing job with your photos especially your firework photos I am so jealous and wish I could the same thing :rotfl: I can't wait to see how your at home reception went and your honeymoon especially the disney cruise part I am super partial to those! Again congratulations on your big day!

Melissa :goodvibes

At this rate it'll probably take me awhile to get to the cruise - but I'll definitely get to it before your wedding! The Roots really are 1 in a bazillion (though I'm completely biased of course!)

Vendor Reviews

So I think you guys all have a gist of what we thought of our vendors (probably why people do vendor reviews before the recap versus at the end huh?) but I'll summarize anyway. I do want to preface that I went into wedding planning with the mentality that all of our vendors do this for a living; they literally know best. I wouldn't go tell my accountant how to do my taxes, or my mechanic how to fix my car, so I wouldn't want to tell any of my vendors how to do their job on my wedding day, since I have no experience with the field. Coming from a control freak who hates letting go of the reins (trust me), I highly recommend this approach to wedding planning! I also did 99.99999% of my planning via e-mail, so anything regarding communication in these reviews is purely e-mail based.

Kristie Pederson, Wishes DFTW Planner - 5/5: Kristie is probably the best planner in DFTW, in my totally biased and no-experience-with-any-other-planner opinion. She is practical without being cold or withholding, and mindful of your budget and priority list at all times. She was always available for us by e-mail, and while I did communicate with her assistant often (never, ever e-mail just your planner guys - ALWAYS CC the assistant. Trust me on this.) I definitely heard from Kristie more, which I wasn't expecting going in. I never felt like she was trying to push us in a direction that might have worked better for Disney at the expense of our budget, and she truly had our best interests at heart from day one. On the day of she kept everything running like clockwork, seemed to anticipate our needs and problems before we even realized them ourselves and was ready with the solution before we could blink. At the time we were assigned her, she had just returned to DFTW after several years in other departments at Disney, and there were no reviews of her and I panicked a bit, so let me tell any of you in the same situation who have been assigned Kristie P. - you're in good hands.

Petals by Design (personal floral only) - 4/5: Tracy was great to work with and very responsive. She didn't seem to mind that I basically said outright flowers were my lowest priority, and was very flexible when I e-mailed changes at the last minute (like added an extra bout for the ring bearer and then my grandma's corsage less than a week out). Her prices were tied for the lowest outside florist I contacted (the other was Greenery Productions) and over half of Disney's prices. I don't award full marks because she would not deliver to our room on the morning of for liability reasons (inconvenient but not the end of the world) and the blue ribbon used on the bridesmaid's bouquets didn't match our blue, which bothers me in photos now (and I did specify cobalt! I made sure to check before docking points!)

Heather Sparby, DFTW Floral Planner - 5/5: I don't have much to say about Heather - we didn't meet her at our PS because she was on maternity leave, so she was only ever an e-mail presence to me. She made my vision come true (especially the ceremony, which was PERFECT) and was great with communication and sending me swatches by mail when I added overlays late. In my opinion, the centerpieces weren't quite what our BEO stated (the stones at the bottom were supposed to match the color of the water and they just look like regular pavement stones to me) but it's not worth griping about and centerpieces weren't high enough on our priority list for me to make a fuss.

Carolyn Allen's - 5/5: I don't have much to say about them - they came, they steamed, they left. I don't know if it was because my girls' dresses were short and I didn't have a massive ballgown, but they were done in half they time allotted, so points for that! I didn't use their shipping or post-wedding cleaning services so no comment there.

Patricia LeJeune - 5/5: I can't say enough about Patricia. Everyone was enthralled with their looks from the day (which was huge because only I had a trial and only I had an idea of what I wanted before the wedding day - everyone else's looks were made up on the spot). Additionally, everything lasted from 3:00am-10:00pm, and if that's not longevity in wedding hair and makeup I don't know what is. Yes, my hair curls did fall out, but as I said in the beginning I blame myself on this for not asking for tighter curls, and really it was 75-80 degrees with 95% humidity during our ceremony - there was no hope for those curls. I still would have kept a half up half down look though, and I don't regret that. Also did I mention they were done 45 minutes early? Yes, it threw a wrench in the photography timeline in that I have no photos of hair and make-up but I'll take that over running late any day. Patricia's husband Randy (who as of my wedding at least) does all of her communication via e-mail definitely leaves something to be desired in tone and correspondence, but don't let that fool you or scare you away if it bothers you

DJ Chuck Johnson - 5/5: I have to be honest - I think if we had done the traditional route and interviewed DJs ourselves, we might not have picked Chuck. That being said, he did exactly what his job was and he did it well. He ran our reception and was incredibly attentive to the mood of our guests and what was getting them on the dance floor and what wasn't, while still keeping in mind our must-play list, even though said-list drove people OFF the dance floor. For a morning wedding, this was critical and he got his job done.

Trinity Wedding Cinema - *5/5: I added the asterisk because I don't have my final video yet (and don't expect to have it for another two months) and so I don't feel right giving a final, definite review without part of the product we paid for. Based on our sneak peek video however, I don't imagine my review changing much. David has some lightning fast e-mail skills which are a sight to behold in themselves, and definitely put you at ease while planning. On the day of David and Kristina were literally ghosts, only redirecting the flow of the day twice that I can remember to request a particular shot or a re-do of something that had just happened; otherwise they might as well have been invisible. Not to mention our sneak peek video is better than we ever could have dreamed, it has be so excited to see our final product and I fall in love again every time I rewatch it. I do feel the need to mention that we booked Trinity during a short window of time when they were offering raw footage, which was a deal breaker for me and is something they no longer offer. As much as I loved David & Kristina and as much as I have adored their work, I would not have considered them had we not been able to purchase raw footage. This is just a personal preference of mine though (I'm a home video junkie!)

Root Photography - 10/5: I've saved the best for last. I've said in multiple occasions that using Nate & Jensey was the only thing I was unwilling to compromise on - I would have given up a DFTW if it had come down to it. Those are lofty words but trust me when I say they earned them. Our guests can't stop talking about them, not only their work but their personalities and demeanor on the day of. They ran our day whenever Kristie was occupied and I could not, would not imagine the day without them. Our photos are stunning (if you can't tell by the fact that I posted most of them) and I have a hard time imagining getting photos taken by anyone else. They are professional, they are kind, they are truly there to make sure you have the best lasting memories of your wedding day. in short: they are worth it. They are so so worth it.

Honorable Mention - Candice DeVane, Room Block Coordinator: I don't know if anyone has different room block coordinators (I've heard there's only the one for Wishes weddings but that seems like an enormous task for one person), but I need to give a special shout out to Candice, who is a fantastic cast member and deserves to be mentioned in her own right. Not only did she coordinate our block (which was fairly simple and uneventful), but she somehow became a point of contact for my father and his myriad of questions at one point or another due to a forwarded e-mail chain. Because of this, she was able to somehow get my grandmother a ground floor handicap accessible room when she decided to come less than a week before the wedding day, when the hotel was (as far we we're aware) totally sold out. She also assisted my dad in scheduling her Magical Express and basically took care of all her trip details from start to finish, which was a huge weight off my dad's shoulders not to have to worry about the Disney side of her trip where he already was concerned with her flights and travel, not to mention the fact that his first child was getting married in less than a week. In my opinion, she is the epitome of what a cast member should be and that deserves to be mentioned.

Your updates are phenomenal!! I am having my ceremony in Italy in July and I totally used some of your ceremony photos at my Planning Session as references!

Jenn... I could have sworn I'd started reading your PJ but when I went to read about your ceremony yesterday I realized I hadn't and read the entire thing last night and today. Your ceremony made me bawl it was so exactly what I would want (maybe part of it was knowing that that's probably not what I'm going to have) and so touching. Also I wanted to say how much I've appreciated your thoughts reading through my PJ too! I loved your colours together - Im a huge fan of bold colours myself so it was awesome to see! I can't wait to read about your honeymoon!

Your wedding report was absolutely magical. I love the, well, love and humor you and your DH so obviously share. I laughed and cried and laughed reading your report, everything was just so beautiful. I could really relate to a lot of things your brought up: those moments of clarity you'll never forget, those unexpected ways that DFTW seem to go above and beyond what you could have ever imagined like you being able to get on the balcony, and even those moments you think are going to ruin something (the Brazilian tour group) that just don't because everything is too special. And of course your photos are just gorgeous, the Roots are so amazing. I think I'm feeling really sentimental after reading your recap, it's really helped me recapture some of the magic I felt on my own day even as it becomes further and further away. I really enjoyed it and I'm sorry I didn't read it sooner! :)

I'm so sorry, that I didn't respond any sooner, but I'm in the middle of exams and then my iPhone app didn't work.
But I'm still here and have to say your wedding sounds amazing although there were little hiccups, but that's what makes the day memorable, right?
I really can't wait to have our shoot with the Roots now (which will be the day after your first anniversary ;-)).
Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter