Fairy GodMAW Grants Princess Bella's WISH! Update 12/2 - One more sleep til Disney!

What a great movie night!!

The food looks really good! Did you come up with these ideas or did you see them somewhere?

My DW, who doesn't come on these boards but has seen pictures, suggested we do a movie night on Wednesday. DW is off from work this week. I think we are going to do Little Mermaid, Cars, or Aladdin. Now we need to come up with some ideas. I'll head over to the Disney movie nights thread and see if I can get some ideas.:goodvibes

What a great movie night!!

The food looks really good! Did you come up with these ideas or did you see them somewhere?

My DW, who doesn't come on these boards but has seen pictures, suggested we do a movie night on Wednesday. DW is off from work this week. I think we are going to do Little Mermaid, Cars, or Aladdin. Now we need to come up with some ideas. I'll head over to the Disney movie nights thread and see if I can get some ideas.:goodvibes

Our menus are a compilation of ideas from this thread , suggestions posted here on my PTR, as well as a few DH and I have come up with on our own. Thus far we haven't included the kids in the planning part of it because I just LOVE the looks on their faces when we present the foods. It ranges from excited and hungry to disgusted and scared :rotfl2: Also, I'm certain that there would be a great debate if the girls chose the menu AND it would be seriously lacking in fruits and vegetables!

I'm so excited that DW wants to do a movie night! Watch out - it may become a regular thing at your house!

I know what you mean. It's like that cute monster you let out of the cage to play with and now that it's out it wont go back in.:lmao:

Your Bugs Night was a great success, my daughter. :rotfl2:

I can't wait to see next weeks!!!!:thumbsup2

Did you find what you were looking for at your Walmart? I am assuming that you were looking for the princess crowns? Let me know. You have three kids, and I have three kids, so if you weren't able to find them I am sure I could find a little pixie dust to float your way. There are 6 crowns in a bag.:wizard:

That's a really fun thread about Movie night ideas!! Fun!

So, have you drawn up any plans for this weekend??

Disney Family Night Movie for this week will be:

HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE

hannahmontana_1_1280-1.jpg

I have a couple ideas so far, but am in desperate need of more to make this the best movie night yet!

Craft: Oh No! I don't have on yet! Time to go shopping!

Activity: I'm thinking it would be fun if the girls teach Daddy how to do the Hoe Down Throwdown :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I already have the music CD and I've bookmarked a tutorial video on youtube. If I can find DD10's digital camera, I may even have video! :rotfl:

Dinner: still in need of many creative ideas. :idea: The only thing that comes to mind is fried chicken. I like to try and make 2 appetizers, a meal with at least 3 items, and a desert. And I'm sure to be shooting myself in the foot when I say this, but I'd like to play off of the "best of both worlds" theme. One set of Miley themed foods and another set of Hannah Montana themed foods. Am I crazy?!?! :confused3 Yeah, probably!

Unless the store sells out of Hannah Montana The Movie today, we should have our copy of it without all the drama of last week's A Bug's Life. We always planned on purchasing this one for our video library today anyway!

Our Disney Family Night will likely be on Thursday this week. Tonight I have a PTO event and tomorrow Bella has been invited to Kids on the Water - a fishing event for Make A Wish Kids! Hmmm . . . maybe we'll catch dinner for tomorrow night :rotfl2:

So please let the ideas start flowing . . . .

Your movie night ideas are fabulous! We did something like that last year to count down to our trip, but nothing as fun as you! We'll be at WDW around the same time as you!

One thing jumps out at me when I think of a Hannah Montana Movie Night

Sweet Gibblets!:rotfl2:

For some reason black and white cookies keep creeping in there to, maybe because of the alter ego things.:confused3

Your movie night ideas are fabulous! We did something like that last year to count down to our trip, but nothing as fun as you! We'll be at WDW around the same time as you!

Thanks so much! It's not too late for you to start movie nights for your December trip, lol! :rotfl:

What part of Indiana are you from? My in-laws just moved to Indianapolis and DH grew up in Elkhart!

I started reading some of your TR and PTR - you have a beautiful family! I'll finish reading when I get some free time, like after my kids go back to school!!! :laughing:

I hope this isn't cheating but have you seen this idea from Family Fun Magazine and website www.familyfun.com?

Make your own Guitars:cool2:

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=12145

There are other ideas including a guitar shaped cake for dessert.

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=52126

I don't know about any other food ideas. We haven't seen the movie.

Definitely not cheating! Thanks for the great ideas :) I'm loving the guitar cake especially - I can only hope it turns out as good if I do try it!

One thing jumps out at me when I think of a Hannah Montana Movie Night

Sweet Gibblets!:rotfl2:

For some reason black and white cookies keep creeping in there to, maybe because of the alter ego things.:confused3

ewwwwwww :eek: I'm all for themed food and "sweet giblets" certainly makes sense as it's one of Hannah/Miley's favorite sayings, but NO FLIPPIN WAY am I going to eat them :rotfl:

I'm still struggling for meal ideas! C'mon guys - puuuurrrrrty please :cutie:, help me out!

Sorry, but I just have to "confess" that I've never seen this movie. I know. I can see shock all over your face.

I couldn't even tell you what it's about.

I do know that the star has had some "bad" publicity of recent though, which now makes me less inclined to even try.

So, I'll just tell you now, in advance, that you games, food and all that are perfect. :rolleyes1 LOL!

Thanks so much! It's not too late for you to start movie nights for your December trip, lol! :rotfl:

What part of Indiana are you from? My in-laws just moved to Indianapolis and DH grew up in Elkhart!

We're not doing movie nights this time just because I'm only taking one kid with me. Totally don't want to rub it in the other kids' faces (well, maybe one of the snotty teens...... :laughing:

We are on the west side of Indy out in the burbs :)

ewwwwwww :eek: I'm all for themed food and "sweet giblets" certainly makes sense as it's one of Hannah/Miley's favorite sayings, but NO FLIPPIN WAY am I going to eat them :rotfl:

I'm still struggling for meal ideas! C'mon guys - puuuurrrrrty please :cutie:, help me out!

:scared1:I am so sorry, but I screwed this one up. It is not "sweet giblets" (that would be truely gross) it is "Sweet niblets" which is actual a variation of corn. Green Giant sells bags (ready to be thrown in the Microwave) in the freezer section. Sorry about the mix up and hope that this helps.:thumbsup2

I'll keep thinking on it and try to get back to you. I found a list of foods Hanna Montana likes on the web, but it was all candy. :confused3 I'll keep looking.:)

It is not "sweet giblets" (that would be truely gross) it is "Sweet niblets" which is actual a variation of corn.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

I guess that makes a BIG difference!!!!!! LOLOL

Stefani-----

Since DD is only 3, I haven't had to subject myself to HM too much! So I can't help you out too much with ideas. But I would love to see your husband doing the hoedown throwdown!!!!! :music:Put your hawk in the sky... side to side:music:

:scared1:I am so sorry, but I screwed this one up. It is not "sweet giblets" (that would be truely gross) it is "Sweet niblets"

Ok - this just made me laugh out loud!!

Sorry, I'm no help on the food ideas. Not too familiar with Hannah as I have a nine year old boy who has banned anything Hannah related from the house. (which might be a good thing... although he is a huge I-Carly fan, anyway, I digress)... I will think about the meal ideas.

Sorry, but I just have to "confess" that I've never seen this movie. I know. I can see shock all over your face.

I couldn't even tell you what it's about.

I do know that the star has had some "bad" publicity of recent though, which now makes me less inclined to even try.

So, I'll just tell you now, in advance, that you games, food and all that are perfect. :rolleyes1 LOL!

:scared1: just kidding! I'm just wondering how you managed to avoid seeing it with 5 kids!

Let me tell you all about Hannah Montana . . . . .:sad2: more kidding. :rotfl: I actually don't watch the show myself :eek: In fact, DH, God Bless Him, was the one who took DDs to the movie in the theatre. However, I do think that Miley Cyrus is a relatively good role model. Up until the last year or so, she dressed conservatively, stayed out of trouble, and was pretty well behaved. I'll admit she has had a couple of "incidents" this past year, but it's nothing of the Spears (Brit or JamieLynn) magnitude such as a pregnancy or drugs, so I still feel comfortable letting the girls watch her show. And, I can tolerate her music so that's a big plus in my book!

We're not doing movie nights this time just because I'm only taking one kid with me. Totally don't want to rub it in the other kids' faces (well, maybe one of the snotty teens...... :laughing:

We are on the west side of Indy out in the burbs :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

My in-laws are in Noblesville. I love it down there, especially the housing prices. We have given serious consideration to moving into that area!

:scared1:I am so sorry, but I screwed this one up. It is not "sweet giblets" (that would be truely gross) it is "Sweet niblets" which is actual a variation of corn. Green Giant sells bags (ready to be thrown in the Microwave) in the freezer section. Sorry about the mix up and hope that this helps.:thumbsup2

I'll keep thinking on it and try to get back to you. I found a list of foods Hanna Montana likes on the web, but it was all candy. :confused3 I'll keep looking.:)

:rotfl::rotfl: I just about spit out my milk when I read this! It's funny how that one little letter makes a world of difference! I think sweet NIBLETS will definitely be on our menu tomorrow night!

Thanks for the help!:hug:

I guess that makes a BIG difference!!!!!! LOLOL

Stefani-----

Since DD is only 3, I haven't had to subject myself to HM too much! So I can't help you out too much with ideas. But I would love to see your husband doing the hoedown throwdown!!!!! :music:Put your hawk in the sky... side to side:music:

Yah, BIG difference!

I still haven't told DH what our "activity" :laughing: will be tomorrow night, but I'm sure your encouragement and support will mean a lot to him while he learns to "pop-it, lock-it, polka dot it, countrify then hip hop it." :rotfl2: If you notice some shakiness to the video, it's just me literally ROTFLMAO :rotfl:

Ok - this just made me laugh out loud!!

Sorry, I'm no help on the food ideas. Not too familiar with Hannah as I have a nine year old boy who has banned anything Hannah related from the house. (which might be a good thing... although he is a huge I-Carly fan, anyway, I digress)... I will think about the meal ideas.

My girls like iCarly too. I'm headed to the grocery store in a few minutes. Hopefully I'll find some inspiration or we may end up eating sweet niblets and be forced to throw in sweet giblets :eek: too for lack of any other ideas! ;)

I haven't seen Hannah Montana either although I have seen her show on Disney Channel.

What about a Rock Star After Party Buffet? Put out some favorite munchies?

Or you mentioned Fried Chicken so how about Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and the Sweet Niblets corn?

I bet you will come up with something good. Is there a Hannah Montana Fan Website that maybe lists her favorite foods?

Our family night is tomorrow and I am making it easy on myself. We are watching Mulan and getting chinese takeout!:rotfl:

popcorn::I've been reading your PTR and I have to say that Bella is such a FIGHTER!! Everything she's been through and I still see a big cheesy grin on her face in EVERY picture of her. She is such a strong child and will conquer anything that is thrown at her::yes::. I don't know many adults with that kind of strength... You are so blessed to have 3 daughters that are beautiful inside and out. I can tell just by reading about your family adventures that they must be a BLAST to live with. I just want to thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us on DISboards and I look forward to (most likely) seeing you at GKTW... Have a wonder PT (I hope the time :tink:FLYS by!) and I'm praying for your family.

Annastesia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter