Fairy GodMAW Grants Princess Bella's WISH! Update 12/2 - One more sleep til Disney!

Once again..an awesome movie night. I think I'm going to start something similar after New Years to get Piper geared up..not that she needs any help with enthusiasm! So funny that you had a Hermione too..you did better than I did though, couldn't find a scarf, and was not paying the ebay price..lol. If Piper had been older it may have made a bigger difference, she didn't notice. You all are getting so close..hooray!
Thanks! The enthusiasm for our trip has multiplied tenfold around here compared to previous trips. I think a lot of it is due to the countdown as well as DFNs. It's so much fun to see their eyes light up when I mention "only ____ more days!" of annouce the DFN movie of the week.

I have to give all costume credit to Grandma. She sewed all the costumes AND shopped for accessories. I'm not sure where she found the scarf, but the removed the patch from the scarf and sewed it onto the cape. AJ was in Harry Potter heaven! Grandma even found AJ a light up, noise making wand. Unfortunately, the batteries died almost immediately and then Grandpa (who has a hard time giving up on things) spent $25 trying to find batteries for the stupid thing!:scared1:

Glad bella is getting better and ready to go back to school. You really make my Disney Movie night look sad lol but we have so much fun with them. i need to remember to check out your thread beofre I get started. We also make Gluten free options so its fun to see the variations you have. Great job!

Our trips are getting so close :banana::santa::banana::santa:

Bella is back in school today and I once again feel all alone in this empty house. Is it wrong to enjoy my kid's sick days? As long as you guys have fun, there is no such thing as a sad Disney Movie night. The gluten free aspect is challenging, but so worth it to see Bella take bites of "normal" foods.

Wow, it's been quite some time since I wrote an entry that was NOT a Disney Family Night. However, seeing as we have just

:dancer:party::cool1::dance3::cheer2::banana: :banana: :banana:1 MONTH:banana: :banana: :cheer2::dance3::cool1: party: :dancer:
until our Wish Trip, I think it's time to focus and get down to business! There is so much planning left to do, so many decisions to be made, and so very little time left until Bella's Wish Comes True!

So tonight, I wanted to start by sharing two exciting bits of information with you.

PIXIE DUST

First, our family just received a boatload of pixie dust as we have been selected for the BIG GIVE! I'm so excited and feel incredibly blessed by the kindness of the wonderful people here on the DIS who are so generous to offer their talents to add a little more magic to our Wish Trip. I was contacted by TeresaJoy yesterday and we have PM'ed a couple of times getting sizes, preferences, etc. I was so excited when I received her PM that I even woke Bella from a sound sleep last night to take her measurements! :rotfl2:

POSTCARD

When we returned from our short vacation to Grandma and Grandpa's on Sunday, I picked up several days worth of mail that had accumulated in our absence. Figuring it was just bills and junk mail, I waited until Monday afternoon to commence sorting. Imagine my surprise when, lo and behold, it wasn't all bills, there was this:

12645_328131325310_791745310_9540430_2675725_n.jpg

our first piece of MICKEY MAIL! Sleeping Beauty had sent Bella a postcard that read:
Dear Isabella,
Mickey, Minnie, and all of the Princesses and I can't wait to meet you. I know you will have a wonderful time. See you real soon!
Your Friend,
Sleeping Beauty

Let me tell you Bella was soooooooo excited about the postcard! She has told everyone and anyone about her postcard and even took it to school today to share it!

PUBLICITY

A few weeks ago, Bella, Ben, and I were interviewed by a reporter for the local paper. We were told then that the Daily Times was going to begin publishing a quarterly "Family and Friends" magazine that would contain stories about local people. The premier issue was published last Thursday. In addition to being included in all the newspapers delivered that day, issues are available at local grocery stores, gas stations, and many other places in town. We were delighted to discover that not only had the reporter written an amazing 2 page article on "Bella's Battle", but our little superstar was on THE FRONT COVER OF THE MAGAZINE! Needless to say, Isabella is enjoying her newfound fame!

Bella holds up the premier issue of the Watertown Daily Times' Family and Friends Magazine, with her on the cover!!!
12645_328131330310_791745310_9540431_5893554_n.jpg

a close up of the cover of Family and Friends
12645_328131345310_791745310_9540432_1792937_n.jpg

The article, entitled Bella's Battle, was focused on the difficulties Bella has endured over the past 5 years. It was wonderfully written..
12645_328131360310_791745310_9540433_7330159_n.jpg

And I was thrilled that this photo also made it into the article. It's Bella taking a mickey head off our Disney countdown calendar. Just 30 days left!!!!!!
12645_328131370310_791745310_9540434_2215663_n.jpg

PRAYERS PLEASE

And though I hate to end this super exciting post on a sad note, I just need to ask a favor for those of you following. A 10 year old boy in my daughter AJ's 5th grade class is currently at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (our home away from home for Bella). His name is Calvin, and he is awaiting a heart transplant. Just 3 weeks into the school year, this healthy, vibrant young boy went into heart failure. Calvin had an enlarged heart and open heart surgery as an infant, but the new development caught his parents completely by surprise.

The situation was so serious that Calvin was placed in ICU and a device known as a Berlin Heart, was implanted to take over for Calvin's heart until he could receive a heart transplant. He has been on the transplant list for several weeks now.

Yesterday, I learned via an email from Calvin's dad that Calvin suffered a stroke. He can no longer see, has no control of his arms or legs, and has a breathing tube. His father also stated that if Calvin does not make remarkable progress and grow strong enough to receive a heart transplant in the next couple of weeks, he will no longer be eligible. In his dad's words, "Calvin's battle will be over." Please take a moment to say a little prayer for Calvin and his family. I know from experiences with Bella that prayer is incredibly powerful. And right now, Calvin needs all the help he can get. Thank you so much!

UP NEXT: MAROO-APPROVED PARK PLANS - THOUGHTS ANYONE?

That's wonderful that Bella is now a superstar! The article looks very well done, and I'll bet she's just super excited!

WOW! I can't believe it, you only have one month left!!! How amazing that the time has passed by so quickly.

Getting Mickey Mail is great- but when it's a postcard from Cindy herself, well, what more can be said??!! :cloud9:princess:

Indeed will be praying for Calvin. How incredibly frightening for his family and friends. Do keep us posted!

WOW!

A superstar indeed!

That magazine is smart - they hit a home run with that article!

I will definitely add Calvin to my prayers list. Keep us posted. :sad1:

I can't wait to see what plans I made. :rotfl: :rotfl2:

That's wonderful that Bella is now a superstar! The article looks very well done, and I'll bet she's just super excited!

WOW! I can't believe it, you only have one month left!!! How amazing that the time has passed by so quickly.

Getting Mickey Mail is great- but when it's a postcard from Cindy herself, well, what more can be said??!! :cloud9:princess:

Indeed will be praying for Calvin. How incredibly frightening for his family and friends. Do keep us posted!

I know, ONE MONTH - even less now. I'm officially starting panic mode NOW!

Funny thing is, I still can't figure out where the postcard came from! I did send a PM to a DISer who posted on the Wish Trip boards that she would send Fairy Godmailer postcards on her trip, but the one from Sleeping Beauty arrived on Saturday and the timing doesn't work out as she hadn't even left yet! Soooooooo, as I seem to have missed my calling as a CSI, I began trying to figure out who/where the card came from. After fingreprinting, DNA tests, and putting it into my handy dandy gas chromatography mass spectrometer . . . ok, those things really didn't happen, but doesn't it sound fun?!?! Long story short, I have determined that it really did come from Sleeping Beauty. Or, at least that's my answer because I don't have a better one !:confused3

Thank you for your prayers for Calvin. No update today.

WOW!

A superstar indeed!

That magazine is smart - they hit a home run with that article!

I will definitely add Calvin to my prayers list. Keep us posted. :sad1:

I can't wait to see what plans I made. :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Bella is still on :cloud9: with her newfound fame. Yesterday, a good friend of mine asked Bella to autograph a copy of the magazine for her :rotfl2: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the prayers. I think we may need a miracle.

Maroo-approved plans are coming up next!

That article looks great.. and the cover too?:yay:

Is there a link to read the story? I tried to find it, but I couldn't.:sad2:

Being part of the big give is awesome!!!! I have seen what these selfless people do for Wish kids (and siblings!!!) and IT IS SO AWESOME!!!pixiedust:

Terrible news about Calvin. We will be thinking and praying for him.

EDIT::: Did you say something about Maroo plans?princess:

Soooooo . . . . I've poured over these plans many, many times. Made changes and tweaks, debated the perfect font, color coded the meals, reservations, travel, and parks, and then started over from scratch . . . . TWICE!

But now, I think I am happy with the end result!

Whilst planning, I have utilized the expertises (is that the correct plurilaztion of expertise?) of Tim (DISName: That'sNice) and Maroo (DISName: Maroo) and their infinite DISnowledge! Tim provided me with a list of recommended parks for each day based on crowd precidtions. After receiving his PM, I made a few changes. And then Maroo took a look over the proposed agenda and made a couple of suggestions as well. Thanks guys :grouphug:

So here is the "short version" of our schedule. Basically this one has the major events, and reservations we already have or hope to get (no luck today with CRT - still trying!), as well as which parks we will be going to on which days.

12/3 Thursday – Travel and Check In, spend day at GKTW

12/4 Friday – US/IOA

12/5 Saturday – Epcot
*reservation for CPDP – 1:45 dining at Nine Dragons, 5pm Candlelight Processional

12/6 Sunday – reservation for Bass Fishing excursion at 7 Seas Lagoon
Day at GKTW
MVMCP at Magic Kingdom evening (have tix)

12/7 Monday – Sea World

12/8 Tuesday - Animal Kingdom (9-6) and Hollywood Studios (9-8)

12/9 Wednesday – Check Out of GKTW
Magic Kingdom hoping for rope drop (9-8)
Possible CRT* need reservations for CRT around lunchtime

12/10 Thursday
DTD for BBB
reservations for BBB 3 crown hair nails packages(2pm reservation)
Dinner 1900 park fare
reservation for 1900 Park Fare Happily Ever After Dinner (7:25 pm for 6)

12/11 Friday – US/IOA

12/12 Saturday – GKTW Breakfast? and Travel Day

Thoughts? Anyone?

UP NEXT (AND COMING SOON BECAUSE I NEED ADVICE!!!) - How DO you plan a WISH PARTY?

That article looks great.. and the cover too?:yay:

Is there a link to read the story? I tried to find it, but I couldn't.:sad2:

Being part of the big give is awesome!!!! I have seen what these selfless people do for Wish kids (and siblings!!!) and IT IS SO AWESOME!!!pixiedust:

Terrible news about Calvin. We will be thinking and praying for him.

EDIT::: Did you say something about Maroo plans?princess:

The story isn't online that I am aware of. If you are interested in reading it, PM me your email addy and I could send you a picture of the article in a format large enough to read the text.

Wow!!! I am so excited for you guys! The article and FRONT PAGE.... GO BELLA!!!

I will pray for calvin as well. Its so sad to hear that! I will also pray for his father what an aweful nightmare for that family.

Your plans look great!! I so wish we could extend ours but I would flip out getting so close to Christmas.

I do have a little surprise for Alyssa for the return though. My sister and sister in law are going to be painting her room!! She will be so excited! :cheer2:

I finished my planning for the most part too now I just have to post it. We leave in 36 days WOOOHOOO

OH MY GOSH I FORGOT TO CONGRATULATE YOU ON THE BIG GIVE!!!!! We were chosen tooo! Arent they amazing??? We are all fired up about that!!!

Wow!!! I am so excited for you guys! The article and FRONT PAGE.... GO BELLA!!!

I will pray for calvin as well. Its so sad to hear that! I will also pray for his father what an aweful nightmare for that family.

Your plans look great!! I so wish we could extend ours but I would flip out getting so close to Christmas.

I do have a little surprise for Alyssa for the return though. My sister and sister in law are going to be painting her room!! She will be so excited! :cheer2:

I finished my planning for the most part too now I just have to post it. We leave in 36 days WOOOHOOO
Thanks for the prayers for Calvin and family. While I'd like an update, I know they must be so busy spending time with Calvin and his family right now.

I feel the pressure to get all of my Christmas shopping done early because we extended our trip. However, I'll probably still be shopping til the stores close on Christmas Eve!

Great minds think alike I guess :lmao: We both have the same idea for our Wish Kids! :) - I can't believe I forgot to finish the rest of that post! DH and I are arranging to have the same thing done for Bella while we're on our Wish Trip. Bella's 'back up' wish was to have a princess bedroom and we are trying to make that happen. I just spoke with my brother today and he agreed to help out. My dad is on board too. I am going to fix the title of that last chapter and write a little more about in the next post.

that is too funny! Alyssa's original wish was to have extreme home makeover come out, so I fugured if we could pull off at least 1 small part of it she would be thrilled. Im also trying to have a few small things done just as a family bonus. ;) the fun part now is going to be how to surprise them all. I need to wait untill all of my helpers will be off work so they can be here when we get home, but we will not get home till around midnight so I was going to have the Limo take us somewhere else (prearranged) until the next evening. Still working on that part.

You are right Great minds do think a like and its a good thing because our girls need quick, smart thinkers!! :hug:

I cant wait for our trips!!

All caught up on the previous posts, DFNs and plans. :thumbsup2 So excited you are going in less than a month!!! I look forward to reading more...

that is too funny! Alyssa's original wish was to have extreme home makeover come out, so I fugured if we could pull off at least 1 small part of it she would be thrilled. Im also trying to have a few small things done just as a family bonus. ;) the fun part now is going to be how to surprise them all. I need to wait untill all of my helpers will be off work so they can be here when we get home, but we will not get home till around midnight so I was going to have the Limo take us somewhere else (prearranged) until the next evening. Still working on that part.

You are right Great minds do think a like and its a good thing because our girls need quick, smart thinkers!! :hug:

I cant wait for our trips!!

Extreme Home Makeover?!? What an amazing Wish that would have been! It's great that you have friends who will help you make your surprise happen. I hope you will share pictures of the 'reveal.'

All caught up on the previous posts, DFNs and plans. :thumbsup2 So excited you are going in less than a month!!! I look forward to reading more...

We're supposed to have another DFN tonight. Also, more planning stuff is coming soon . . .

I'm working on two major aspects of Bella's Wish today but neither one has much to to with our actual trip.

BACK UP WISH PROGRESS:wizard:

When Bella's Wish granter first met with us, she asked Bella what her 2nd Wish was (Disney was ALWAYS her first, best, and original Wish - smart kid!:thumbsup2). They do this with all Wish kids just in case their first Wish isn't possible. Bella said she wanted a princess castle bedroom. I am honestly not sure where she even got the idea for it, but when she mentioned it, I got very excited at the thought of a princess bedroom. After we knew for certain that Bella would be granted her Disney Wish, I decided to try and make her "back up" wish come true as well.:flower3:

The plan is that while we are gone on our trip, my brother and several other family members will come to our home and transform Bella's current ABC nursery hodgepodge bedroom into a Princess Castle Bedroom. When we return home, Bella will be surprised by the makeover :eek:- she has no idea we are doing it!

So far, I have obtained the following to make this happen (this list is shorter than I would like it to be!):
  • a friend is giving us a princess canpoy bed:cloud9:
  • dress up clothes donated by DISer 2princes3princesses to create a dress up area in the room princess:

I have plans to purchase these items before we leave:
  • pink paint
  • princess bedding (may ask Grandma Chari to make a quilt)
  • curtains (I'll probably make these myself)
  • flooring (she currently has foam alphabet blocks on her hardwood floor) - this will probably be an area rug
  • accessories - nightstand, bookshelf, light, etc - I need to put myself on a budget for this

There is one other detail I want to add to the bedroom IF we can fit it into our bugdet. I have a friend who paints murals on walls. She is coming over on Monday to give me a quote on painting a huge castle on one of the walls in Bella's room. This would be amazing if we can afford it. :cutie:

Yesterday, I spoke with my brother and he agreed to come down (lives about 1.5 hours away) for a day or two while we are gone and make this happen. :cool1:He will be bringing his fiancee with him. My dad will be coming over to help out as well.

Unfortunately, I can't spend a whole lot of $$ on this makeover as Christmas is coming up. So I'm going to search Craigs list, e bay, and other bargain sites for anything I can. If you happen to come across a good deal that might work for the Princess bedroom makeover, please send me a PM.

:dance3:WISH PARTY PLANNING:dance3:

A week or so ago, Bella's Wish Granter sent me a facebook message and asked me what we would like to do for Bella's Wish Party. :cake: I have read about several other Wish families that had a Wish Party before leaving on their trip, but I honestly wasn't sure what to expect.:confused3

Yesterday, we called our Wish Granter with some ideas for Bella's Wish Party. After looking at our schedule, we think that Thursday, November 19th would work best. It is a school night, but weekends are very difficult for DH to get time off. The date was fine with our Wish Granter. Then we discussed where the party would be held at. I'm not sure at this time what would be best, and they all sound like fun. There are 4 possibilities:

1. Bowling Party :rotfl:- have Bella's Wish Party at the local bowling alley. We would rent a lane (or several depending on how many people there are) and party guests would bowl. Our Wish granter would bring cake (or something gluten free for Bella), some gifts for the girls, and all of our documents for the trip.
Pros - it's local so many friends from school could come
Cons - not a smoke free environment

2. Roller Skating Party :tiptoe:(this smilie looks like he's skating to me lol)- similar to the bowling party but at the local roller skating rink. The roller rink has an area with several party tables set up.
Pros - local, and Bella's never had a skating party before
Cons - Bella can't skate! I think I'm ruling this one out just because I don't want to worry about a head injury before our Wish Trip

3. Gymnastics Party - Bella takes gymnastics lessons at a local place called Gymntastics. They have a party room and during birthday parties that we have had there in the past, guests were lead by an instructor through the various equipment areas (trampoline, foam pit, inflatable bounce house, etc). They are lots of fun!
Pro - local, Bella loves gymnastics, we know the instructors
Cons - Gymtastics has classes on Thursday nights. I'm not sure they would even be able to have a party then.

4. StoneFire Pizza - http://www.stonefirepizzaco.com/ This is a place somewhat similar to Chuck. E. Cheese. It is located about 45 minutes from our house. They have an incredible buffet and best of all, they specially make GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA!:goodvibes Bella eats just a small amount, but she loves the fact that she can eat pizza there. They have free children's play area with a train table, play restaurant area, water play, tubes and slides, and a face painting area. They also have a game area that requires tokens or a wristband to play video games, mini bowling, several rides, etc. The girls all love going to Stonefire. If we went here, Bella would be able to invite a just a of friends from school. However, she would also be able to invite several very close friends from the Milwaukee area that we know from Children's Hospital.

Pros - favorite restaurant and best food, gluten free pizza, many activities for the kids to do, friends from CHW could come
Cons - distance from home, cost (I am pretty sure MAW pays for the party but this would be the most expensive option), they do not allow carry-ins such as cake and presents (our Wish granter is calling to speak with a manager about this today).

I think we're most seriously considering the bowling party and Stonefire pizza, but I'm torn between the two! Our Wish Granter is going to make some phone calls today and get more information on all of the potential locations. She hopes to get back to me by the end of the weekend so we can make some more plans!

I'm definitely with you on the pizza or bowling, leaning more toward pizza but I understand about the distance and such. You had also mentioned in the Trippers thread a gift for the wish granters..if you have a pic of them with Bella (I can't remember if I saw one in the thread or not) you could consider getting a copy blown up and framed, and then maybe a nice letter from the family with it? Or one of those dual frames with the pic on one side and letter on the other? Just an idea :)

So cool you're going to be able to re-do Bella's bedroom. If you have one in the area, check out the Habitat Re-Store, there are a few around here, they're run by Habitat for Humanity and usually have paint (sometimes odd colors, but worth a check), and other Lowe's-type stuff. If I see or hear of any deals, I'll let you know!

Bowling or pizza seem to be the logical choices to me. In CT you can't smoke indoors anymore unless you are at a private club. (thank God!) Bowling sounds really fun... the smoke aspect of it stinks (literally;))

That is so cool that you are going to make Bella's room over! The mural sounds like a great idea!!! Hopefully it isn't too pricey for ya.:goodvibes

I really like all your party ideas. I don't think I'd worry too much about a head injury from roller skating. That sounds like fun to me.

Hooray for room re-decorating!! A girl's dream come true. I really hope that the mural can be a reality for it!

Just figuring out how to sub and just had to add this trip. Your getting so close and I agree Pizza or bowling sound perfect.

I'm definitely with you on the pizza or bowling, leaning more toward pizza but I understand about the distance and such. You had also mentioned in the Trippers thread a gift for the wish granters..if you have a pic of them with Bella (I can't remember if I saw one in the thread or not) you could consider getting a copy blown up and framed, and then maybe a nice letter from the family with it? Or one of those dual frames with the pic on one side and letter on the other? Just an idea :)

So cool you're going to be able to re-do Bella's bedroom. If you have one in the area, check out the Habitat Re-Store, there are a few around here, they're run by Habitat for Humanity and usually have paint (sometimes odd colors, but worth a check), and other Lowe's-type stuff. If I see or hear of any deals, I'll let you know!

I've never heard of a Habitat Restore and the closest one to us is 1 hour away. If I happen to be in Milwaukee in the next few weeks though I'll stop in. Thanks for the tip.

I also have a friend that works at Sherwin Williams and I'm going to have him take a look for pink and/or purple 'oops!' paints. They sell them for like $5 each and Bella's room is small enough that we should only need one can of paint.

I have a couple of potential bedding sets in mind but I'm not completely sold on any one set yet. Thanks for the link to kohls.com. I narrowed it down to two there but I'm still hoping something less expensive will come along.

I can't seem to decide between the Disney Princesses or the fairy princess theme.

Bowling or pizza seem to be the logical choices to me. In CT you can't smoke indoors anymore unless you are at a private club. (thank God!) Bowling sounds really fun... the smoke aspect of it stinks (literally;))

That is so cool that you are going to make Bella's room over! The mural sounds like a great idea!!! Hopefully it isn't too pricey for ya.:goodvibes

I wish we lived in CT. The only places truly protected from smoking around here are schools and hospitals. For those, you must leave the property. Anyplace else and you can smoke right in front of the doors outside. Bars and bowling alleys still allow it indoors. I cringe every time one of the girls gets invited to a bowling birthday party.

I just found out that bowling may be out anyway. One of my friends told me there is league on Thursdays. That's fine with me. I like easy decisions!

I really like all your party ideas. I don't think I'd worry too much about a head injury from roller skating. That sounds like fun to me.

Hooray for room re-decorating!! A girl's dream come true. I really hope that the mural can be a reality for it!

Just figuring out how to sub and just had to add this trip. Your getting so close and I agree Pizza or bowling sound perfect.

Welcome :welcome: and thanks for joining in on my PTR! It's still hard for me to believe we have less than a month left!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter