fair price to rent a minivan in the summer for a week?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Papa Deuce, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce <font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla

I did a fast check and prices were $420 - $650 a week including taxes. I tried priceline at the equvalent of $375 a week and was declined.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bookwormde

bookwormde <font color=darkorchid>Heading out now, another ad

I paid $215 with fees and taxes with national at the CCC in June. I had to keep checking for a while until I found a good deal.

Bookwormde

4. debster812

debster812 <font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0

Car rental prices are creeping higher. It seems that the car rental companies have reduced their fleet sizes, so the whole supply/demand thing is driving the price up.

That being said, we rented a mini-van from Alamo in January for $199/wk, and a mid-size car in February for $229/wk, so there are still deals out there, you just have to keep looking.

Oh, and I'm assuming you're talking Florida? If you are, I would start checking the rental car codes on Mousesavers, that's where we got the deal for the mini-van.

5. francie57

francie57 DIS Veteran

Using a code through mousesaver and a coupon from BJ Warehouse, we were able to get our mid-Aug. mini-van rental for $302 with taxes and fees. The price without the code/coupon was over $600. We use Alamo each year since they are at the airport and if they don't have the exact van you can get one from National.

6. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce <font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla

What is CCC?

BTW, thanks all for the replies.

7. momsully

momsully <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I have a June reservation for a minivan for one week for $256 including all taxes and fees from Dollar. I used the OOAG code.

8. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

ccc is the Car Car Center that is just outside the Magic Kingdom.

Mousesavers is a great source of car rental codes. You just have to plan on spending an hour pluging in your dates and times with different codes until you gete a good one. Have paper handy.

I also suggest tweaking with your times... say instead of putting a 830 pm pick up time put 9 pm.. sometimes just a simple change like that can alter the price significantly.

9. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I used the same code and got $268 with taxes 6/8 - 6/15. I recommend trying this, although I did book almost 3 weeks ago,