fair buying price??

ocean702

Mouseketeer
just had an offer accepted. sent to ROFR, will have to wait to hear back from disney.

200 points SSR 200 2013 and so forth and 50 from 2012. buyer pays closing and 2013 maintenance.

we settled on $62 per point. What does everyone think--fair price or should we have waited and found a contract to offer less?

i personally think we did well as in the past few weeks all SSR contracts 160-200 have been "sale pending" or else asking around 70 pp. my husband thinks we could have done better. opinions?

I think that is a fair price. We are waiting to hear from Disney on SSR 225 pts none till 2014 offered asking price of $65 per point. Watching the past couple of weeks I also am having second thought, thinking we could have don better. But then I believe retail from Disney is $130 per point, if that's true then getting a contract for half price, I don't think, is a bad deal! Good luck to you, hope we can be neighbors.

Just passed ROFR on 3/25. SSR, 300 pts. Semi-stripped, 100 pts 10/1/13, then 300 fwd. just under $58 with buyer paying closing.

I think "fair price" is the price you feel comfortable paying and seller feels comfortable selling at.

Good luck passing ROFR, don't think you will have a problem with that. It took ours exactly 4 weeks.

Each sale is an individual transaction with the fair price being the price the buyer is willing to pay and the one the seller is willing to accept.

You can Monday morning quarterback a DVC sale for weeks. My suggestion is to look forward to your new points and I hope your contract passes ROFR so you can begin to enjoy your purchase.

I would send you pixie dust but that stuff is hard to clean out of the carpet...;)

Stephen

With resale prices continuing to rise, I don't know that pricing is going to get better by waiting. If you find a contract that works for you, go for it. Availability is so limited.

just had an offer accepted. sent to ROFR, will have to wait to hear back from disney.

200 points SSR 200 2013 and so forth and 50 from 2012. buyer pays closing and 2013 maintenance.

we settled on $62 per point. What does everyone think--fair price or should we have waited and found a contract to offer less?

i personally think we did well as in the past few weeks all SSR contracts 160-200 have been "sale pending" or else asking around 70 pp. my husband thinks we could have done better. opinions?

If you compare your purchase to buying direct, you got a wonderful deal. If you compare it to the best deal on SSR in the past month, you paid too much. In general, you paid in the ballpark of what would be considered reasonable for this type of contract. So you didn't get a steal and you didn't get ripped off. What you did get is a contract, so congrats! :)

Sounds fair to me.

We passed ROFR a couple of weeks ago at SSR on $58 point but not points coming until march 2014 so I think your deal sounds fair considering it has points available.

thanks everyone for the feedback. i certainly think we got a good deal...it's my husband that needs to hear that from someone else... :)

very excited to start planning our first DVC stay!!

thanks everyone for the feedback. i certainly think we got a good deal...it's my husband that needs to hear that from someone else... :).....(snip)............

Hope you pass ROFR, but if you do not, you will be totally right and your DH totally WRONG! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

FWIW, I'd rather pay a few more dollars than the absolute bottom price so that I could get on with the planning and enjoying. I wouldn't be willing to wait and hope I could save $200 more! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!