fair buying price??

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ocean702, Apr 27, 2013.

  1. ocean702

    ocean702 Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    Messages:
    161
    just had an offer accepted. sent to ROFR, will have to wait to hear back from disney.

    200 points SSR 200 2013 and so forth and 50 from 2012. buyer pays closing and 2013 maintenance.

    we settled on $62 per point. What does everyone think--fair price or should we have waited and found a contract to offer less?

    i personally think we did well as in the past few weeks all SSR contracts 160-200 have been "sale pending" or else asking around 70 pp. my husband thinks we could have done better. opinions?
     
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.



    to hide this adverts.
  3. zgirlz

    zgirlz Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2013
    Messages:
    33
    I think that is a fair price. We are waiting to hear from Disney on SSR 225 pts none till 2014 offered asking price of $65 per point. Watching the past couple of weeks I also am having second thought, thinking we could have don better. But then I believe retail from Disney is $130 per point, if that's true then getting a contract for half price, I don't think, is a bad deal! Good luck to you, hope we can be neighbors.
     
  4. kenpate

    kenpate Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Just passed ROFR on 3/25. SSR, 300 pts. Semi-stripped, 100 pts 10/1/13, then 300 fwd. just under $58 with buyer paying closing.

    I think "fair price" is the price you feel comfortable paying and seller feels comfortable selling at.

    Good luck passing ROFR, don't think you will have a problem with that. It took ours exactly 4 weeks.
     
  5. Caren90

    Caren90 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2002
    Messages:
    635
    Each sale is an individual transaction with the fair price being the price the buyer is willing to pay and the one the seller is willing to accept.

    You can Monday morning quarterback a DVC sale for weeks. My suggestion is to look forward to your new points and I hope your contract passes ROFR so you can begin to enjoy your purchase.

    I would send you pixie dust but that stuff is hard to clean out of the carpet...;)

    Stephen
     
  6. NoleFan

    NoleFan DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2013
    Messages:
    726
    With resale prices continuing to rise, I don't know that pricing is going to get better by waiting. If you find a contract that works for you, go for it. Availability is so limited.
     
  7. ELMC

    ELMC DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,981
    If you compare your purchase to buying direct, you got a wonderful deal. If you compare it to the best deal on SSR in the past month, you paid too much. In general, you paid in the ballpark of what would be considered reasonable for this type of contract. So you didn't get a steal and you didn't get ripped off. What you did get is a contract, so congrats! :)
     
  8. Meggysmum

    Meggysmum Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2012
    Messages:
    286
    Sounds fair to me.

    We passed ROFR a couple of weeks ago at SSR on $58 point but not points coming until march 2014 so I think your deal sounds fair considering it has points available.
     
  9. ocean702

    ocean702 Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    Messages:
    161
    thanks everyone for the feedback. i certainly think we got a good deal...it's my husband that needs to hear that from someone else... :)

    very excited to start planning our first DVC stay!!
     
  10. CarolMN

    CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 1999
    Messages:
    23,595
    Hope you pass ROFR, but if you do not, you will be totally right and your DH totally WRONG! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

    FWIW, I'd rather pay a few more dollars than the absolute bottom price so that I could get on with the planning and enjoying. I wouldn't be willing to wait and hope I could save $200 more! :teeth:
     

Share This Page