Facebook Meet Page - Open or Closed Group

TIGGER/POOH4

DIS Veteran
When setting up a Facebook Meet page in conjunction with the DIS meet page is it best to create an open or closed group? :confused3 What are the pros and cons for each option?

I am not sure but our group is closed. We know that it is our group from DIS & I never have to worry who is seeing/posting. Of course my personal FB page has the highest privacy settings allowed.

I'd recommend closed; that way, you control who is a member of the group and who sees the posts. This is especially important if you're exchanging more sensitive information like real names/addresses, cabin numbers, etc. as only those in the group can see these.

closed, otherwise all family and friends can see the impending voyage and some people keep it a secret for surprise reasons... that will keep them from joining or spoil the surprise that they wanted.

Keep it closed. It keeps out the lurkers. That's one of the reasons I like FB groups more than the open meet threads on the Dis.

I also vote closed and all of the content private unless people are added.
When we start sharing real names and such, I believe privacy is a good idea.

Ours is closed. Which is good because we had someone "find" us and request to be apart of our group that no one knew personally or from the DIS. And agreed then anything to talk about in your group wont be posted on your timeline and then anyone who is your friend can see it. I love our FB group, its a GREAT way to connect easily :santa:

The FB leader has it private for our 2013 cruise. You can only go d it if you message her through the DIS or someone adds you in.

Definitely closed. As a group the first people to join agreed that it would be private and only active DISers could join. We get requests all the time from people who just do a search on FB and want to join. That happened for the Fantasy's MV also. Many of those people wanted someone to buy them MV merchandise but were not on the cruise.

I have started several FB pages for cruises. I suggest closed and Private. This way you can talk about when you are going without other being able to see when you will be out of town -and your house empty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter