Fabric pen autographs

disneychic33

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried making t-shirts and using fabric pens for autographs? Does it work well? My kids just made their own t-shirts and want to get them signed I was hoping that someone has tried this before and can tell me if it works please.

Has anyone tried making t-shirts and using fabric pens for autographs? Does it work well? My kids just made their own t-shirts and want to get them signed I was hoping that someone has tried this before and can tell me if it works please.

I did this on our last trip but with a pillow case. It just takes a little more prep work. I had the fabric folded up with a piece of cardboard about the size of an autograph book inside. Just had to be careful how I handed the characters the "book" so the fabric stayed tight. We used the fabric markers and the names came out nice and clear. I would move the cardboard around after each signature so I would be ready for the next stop.

momto3pirates said:
I did this on our last trip but with a pillow case. It just takes a little more prep work. I had the fabric folded up with a piece of cardboard about the size of an autograph book inside. Just had to be careful how I handed the characters the "book" so the fabric stayed tight. We used the fabric markers and the names came out nice and clear. I would move the cardboard around after each signature so I would be ready for the next stop.

Thank you so much I am glad that it worked out. I was fretting a little that it wouldn't work or they wouldn't sign it.

Great question and advice! I was thinking of doing the same. My main concern though, don't some characters use stamps? Would those turn up on the shirts? Mind you last time I was there was 1996 :hourglass but I remember Buzz and Woody using stamps! IF they still do now-a-days! :)

I'm thinking of doing this for our trip to DL next week!

Any recommendations for a good fabric pen? I was considering the Sharpie brand fabric markers.

TIA!

I did the very same thing in Sept. with our two kiddos. They came out fine with Sharpie fabric markers, and Frozone had actually signed with a plain blue sharpie that he was holding. None of the signatures ran or faded. I found the whole idea to get cumbersome after a couple days, though. Moving the cardboard, reclipping the clips, making sure the kids got the color marker they wanted...Hopefully, I can talk mine into just doing pics next time...we'll see!

We did a t-shirt at DL last month with fabric markers. DD loves it and it looks nice. It was kind of a pain though.

I was thinking of taking an embroidery hoop to keep it tight. I haven't done this before so I am curious on drying time needed for signature before I fold up the t-shirt or pillow case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter