F&W snack credits

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by PK56, Sep 27, 2013.

1. PK56

PK56 Long time listener, first time caller

1st time with dining plan, so I'm stumbling in the dark a bit. Do you tell the cashier when you want to use snack credit and when you want regular charge to room?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bmousey

Bmousey Earning My Ears

Yes, I most definitely would inform the cashier. I also check my meal and snack balance. Your receipt should tell you what you've been charged for also.

4. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Yes. I think it has to be done as two separate transactions (at least that's how I normally do it). I tell them which items are going to be paid for using a snack credit and which ones are going to be charge to the room (or paid OOP). I pick the more expensive items to be paid for using the credit.

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I would inform the cashier, because there have been instances of cashiers using room charge when snack credits should have been used (or vice versa). They may assume that you want to use a snack credit unless you say otherwise.

6. T1gger

T1gger Tigger Girl

Yes - I always said what I wanted to use snack or dining credits for and what (if anything) was to be charged -saved any misunderstanding plus as I was new to dining plan it was a way for me to double check it was ok

Have a great time - F & W is a great use of snack credits - we had a lot of fun there :goodvibes

7. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Usually they will ask you if you are on the dining plan and you can just say yes, but I would prefer to charge it. Otherwise, certainly tell them how you want to pay for the item. They have (or at least used to) small gift cards that hang rom your wrist. You can put a certain amount on them and use that if you want as well.

8. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

I prefer to do them in 2 separate transactions so that there's no confusion about which items are being ordered with snack credits and which are being paid OOP.