F! package queston.... is MM worth it or should we do BOG?

mommyof3princess27

DIS Veteran
I posted this here because its a dining package/dining question so plz excuse if its in the wrong place :)

I KNOW this has been asked a thousand and 1 times BUT I cant find it.... are the Fantasmic seats worth doing the package OR not standing in a line to wait? I am still considering giving up the MM package to fit in BOG. I need to go look over the menu for BOG to see if I like it. I only found maybe 2 things we would eat but I know its the 'new restaurant' thing AND my dad is a HUGE fan of B&tB! I cant handle alot of red sauce( due to me having Interstatial Cystitis) so MM is not for me but not sure if everyone will appreciate the standing in line thing LOL (BOG would be on another night but I would still need to do some switching)
I have read that F! is a nice show and Id like to see it if we can but that being said, we arent usually stand and watch parade type ppl... if it passes in front of us, we will watch for a few minutes though

Our first trip, we did the F! Package at MM. While it was nice to not have to wait in line, the seats aren't that great, they're on the very far right, and you still need to arrive early to get them.

Our second trip, we just sucked it up and waited in line, and we got seats right in the center. IMO, it was soo much better. They have a snack bar in the seating area too so you can grab some snacks while you wait. Personally, I don't think the extra cost of the F! dining package is worth it. Now that F! is everyday, the line/crowds might not be so bad as they used to be anyways.

I think F! is definitely the best show out of all the parks, so I wouldn't miss it if I were you.

My DS 14 LOVES F! We have gone without the F! dining plan and were not happy. We waited (not long enough apparently) and were stuck with standing room only. We have always been happy with our seats in the reserved section. we end up down front (which we want) and as far to the left as we can get. We have done the F! package at Mama Melrose's 3 times and are doing it again in September. 35 bucks or so per person isn't bad for a decent dinner IMHO.

There are lots of things to eat without red sauces. You can also ask for sauce to be left off or served on the side if you want a little bit; by having it on the side you can control just how much or how little you get. There really are a lot of options at MM without red sauces.

FYI: My DD is affected much worse by citrus fruit and cranberry than she is by red sauces. Have you tried cutting those? Even the small amount of real lemon juice found in fountain lemonaides (as in only 2% real juice) can trigger a flare that lasts a good 2 weeks in her. Cranberry is guaranteed to do so. She also avoids blueberry which is a known IC trigger food but in her case she also tests as allergic to them. I don't know that they actually affect her IC as she avoids them due to her allergy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter