Extra room for new countries at world showcase

I would love to see Russia and Greece in the World Showcase.

But then again, if that happened, how the heck would I ever pick where to eat.

I already stress myself out trying to pick a country.

What a great idea--- you could take a boat there, but you have to swim back.

I was thinking they could fashion some rafts out of old cars and rain jackets, and take those back and forth to the USA pavilion, or if you want to go to Canada just a regular boat. They could sell mojitos and put a cigar smoking section too.

Would love to see more countries added. Russia, Spain, Switzerland, India, Brazil, Egypt, and others more be great additions.

For the longest time I thought the semi-occupied African Outpost was the last remaining pavilion to be utilized. But seeing how 8 more countries could fit, I'm surprised Disney isn't looking to add a few.

I agree with others when saying Epcot: World Showcase should focus more on food and culture rather than rides. Just my $.02

Would love to see more countries added. Russia, Spain, Switzerland, India, Brazil, Egypt, and others more be great additions.

For the longest time I thought the semi-occupied African Outpost was the last remaining pavilion to be utilized. But seeing how 8 more countries could fit, I'm surprised Disney isn't looking to add a few.

I agree with others when saying Epcot: World Showcase should focus more on food and culture rather than rides. Just my $.02

Disney has displayed zero...nada, nil...public interest in new countries...

All that you say was either part of the original
Plan or locked down by about 1985...

I think it's wishful thinking...if you hoping that they "just haven't gotten around to it"... That is a longshot.

I believe the major stumbling block is the sponsorship agreements in EPCOT that Disney still stubbornly insists upon.
Countries and companies paid for a "captive" audience at wdw when the world was alot smaller... Telecom, computer, and most significantly the Internet age has rendered the "permanent worlds fair" concept increasingly obselete...

In fact...the move towards "thrill rides" in future world 15 years ago was - I believe - acknowledgement of that...
They just would commit, Mikey got cheap and crazy, and it was largely botched.

And here we are...they seem to be gearing for an imagination redo and they have been augmenting the good offering around the park...
I'm happy with those small steps if they continue to add some new options...it's a start.

I think we've read the "Russian, Greece, Spain, brazil" rumors about 8,000 times by now... With zero signs whatsoever it's even been thought of...

I think it's wishful thinking...if you hoping that they "just haven't gotten around to it"... That is a longshot.

I believe the major stumbling block is the sponsorship agreements in EPCOT that Disney still stubbornly insists upon.
Countries and companies paid for a "captive" audience at wdw when the world was alot smaller... Telecom, computer, and most significantly the Internet age has rendered the "permanent worlds fair" concept increasingly obselete...

In fact...the move towards "thrill rides" in future world 15 years ago was - I believe - acknowledgement of that...

And here we are...they seem to be gearing for an imagination redo and they have been augmenting the good offering around the park...
I'm happy with those small steps if they continue to add some new options...it's a start.

I think we've read the "Russian, Greece, Spain, brazil" rumors about 8,000 times by now... With zero signs whatsoever it's even been thought of...

I don't expect Disney to just up and add 8 new countries or even 3 or 4. From a business POV, those spots allow future use to help keep World Showcase interesting for some time.

I mean if they NEVER changed the World Showcase, it would become rather boring. But add a country every 3-5 years, maybe.

I was going to mention I am surprised Brazil isn't added as one given a the country has a strong demographic representation. But after thinking, why leave you country only to visit a pavilion of your country?

Sadly I don't ever see Disney adding more than one or two countries in the next 25 years.

:cool2:
2vb7vas.gif
:cool2:

~Lockedout, thank you so much. As usual, this is yet another fabulous post and I totally agree with you! It's just perfect -- I could not have said this any better! :wizard:

I'm willing to bet there are tons of plans to expand World Showcase.

Unfortunately, those plans are probably sitting in a file cabinet under an inch of dust.

It would be wiser for Disney to add in the train ride they were planning to put in the Japan portion and just expand the countries where they make the most revenue.

Without being a smart Alec, Scotland is in the uk dde03

I know you aren't trying to be a smarty, but while the UK includes Wales, Ireland, and Scotland, the pavillion is very British centered!!!
I would like it if they incorporated the surrounding pavilions into a countries of the United Kingdom display area.
I also would love to see Greece, Russia, Switzerland, Brazil or Argentina, and Australia represented.

"but while the UK includes Wales, Ireland, and Scotland..."
Actually the UK is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Republic of Ireland is independent and not part of the UK.

It would be wiser for Disney to add in the train ride they were planning to put in the Japan portion and just expand the countries where they make the most revenue.

Okay this is one I haven't heard about yet. What train ride are you referencing, and do you have a link to anything about it or was it just a rumor that was started here?

Okay this is one I haven't heard about yet. What train ride are you referencing, and do you have a link to anything about it or was it just a rumor that was started here?

I'm curious too

The established legend was a "Matterhorn" or log flume based on mt Fuji...but it never got traction because of Kodak's presence

Early Imagineering artwork from before Epcot Center opened showed a bullet train section in the Japan pavilion. It just looked like a display to me, but some fans saw it as a ride.

The actual attraction that was supposed to be part of the Japan pavilion was "Meet the World," the same history of Japan attraction presented in a rotating theater at Tokyo Disneyland. The show building was built, but not the show. "Meet the World" was never put into Epcot, and it has closed at Tokyo Disneyland.

While I would LOVE to see some new additions, there probably isn't any because the company wants to "make you feel immersed." If we're all squished together, then I guess it's not really magical as much.

8 new countries?? Sweet! My choices:

1. Russia
2. Brazil
3. Cuba
4. South Africa
5. Australia
6. India
7. Poland
8. Micronesia/South Pacific Islands

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter