Extending Question

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by disneydawn, Mar 26, 2013.

1. disneydawn

disneydawn Mouseketeer DVC Gold

My daughter who is a CP now has put in to extend for the summer. She is in QSFB now but has requested to extend in a different role. What are her chances?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lyanne and Stitch

Lyanne and Stitch Mouseketeer

I believe it depends a lot on her record card.

When I applied to extend during my first program (I was QSFB) my record card was spotless and I got my first choice. :)

However, it might also depend on what's available!

4. Musings

Musings Mouseketeer

Well part of it depends on what role she wants to transfer to, what the availability is, how many people are competing. Having a spotless record card helps but so does having a solid work record.

5. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Agree with PP...

Each role has a certain amount of openings. They are filled first by those already trained in the roles. Then they'll start letting in "transfer" CPs, those with the best record cards get moved first. Once all the spots are filled, then everyone else gets declined.

6. eadavis

eadavis Mickey is my Homeboy

When it all comes down to it, your record card, housing availability, and location needs are the determining factors. At any given time, there are about 7,000 people on the CP or ICP. About 15,000 students go through the programs each year. Managing housing availability between the CP, ICP, and the many Operating Participants creates a lot of back and forth with available spots.

When talking about spotless record cards, they really need to be that, spotless. For Fall 2011, acceptance rate for the CP/ICP was high, putting a tight limit on who could extend. Those with 1 point (equivalent to calling in once, or being less than two hours late twice during their entire program) or more were automatically excluded as they could only take about 300 extensions.

Standards change each year, but the best way to make yourself competitive for extending is to have a spotless record card.

7. dairylives

dairylives Mouseketeer

you sure about that?

8. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

Disney doesn't release the numbers regarding how many people are accepted into the program or offered extensions so no one can say for sure how many people get one. As long as she meets transfer guidelines it's possible she can get the extension.

9. AnnaS

AnnaS DIS Sponsoor/Veteran

My dd is in the program now and applied for the extension (was supposed to come home in May). She received her email this morning that the extension was approved. She requested a new role which she got!!!

Good luck!!!

10. Cais

Cais DIS Veteran

Absolutely. I know at one point there were over 1600 applicants for 300 spots.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. lego606

lego606 Mouseketeer

Does anybody know if Disneyland does extensions?

12. dairylives

dairylives Mouseketeer

interesting. I was Fall Advantage 2011 and i know a couple people who had called off a few times and still got extended. Perhaps it changes depending on location.

13. keypooh90

keypooh90 Lovatic

It definitely happens! I did my program Spring 2012 and off the top of my head, I know of 6 people that got extensions into new roles.

14. khancock

khancock DIS Veteran