Extended Weekend Mommy and Son Trip Update 5/21 Tusker House Breakfast

Your Cali Grill meal looks great. So love their sushi. I had the same cucumber drink a few trips ago and it is definitely STRONG!

Glad you liked Skippers. We tried it last month and really enjoyed it. Definitely a step up from most park dining options. It will definitely become a staple for us.

Awww your weekend trip looks like so much fun! I am so glad you had an awesome experience at Coral Reef and Skipper Canteen. I will never understand all the bad reviews for Coral Reef. We always have a great time there. Your seafood pasta looks delicious. The room you sat in at Skipper Canteen looks pretty cool too. That place is so unique. We enjoyed our meal there on this trip as well.

The next morning we took a cab from Pop Century over to the MK! I did not have time to stand there will a toddler who is wanting to run around and that line was insane! I tell you it was the best $20 I ever spent to get dropped off at the Contempo. That morning I was so jealous of the guests that get to stay there :rotfl2: but my wallet wasn't!!

For lunch we booked the Skippers Canteen the night before, I was so excited I could hardly wait to try this place! Its beyond me why it isn't popular as the inside of the place is amazing with all the details. We had a super nice, fun skipper for our server. We were seated in a very nice room, the name escapes me though! I started off with a smoothie with boba pearls! It was so much fun to drink and Alexander really enjoyed it. They brough out this exotic bread with honey and butter. It was interesting for sure! For my app I a salad that was delicious. It had a nice blend of ingredients. For the entree I had the steak with chimichurri and avocado salsa, it was quite delicious! It was not nearly as good as the filet at the Cali Grill, but for inside a theme park it was quite nice. For dessert we decided to try the
Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream!! This dessert was off the chain delicious. One of my favs from the trip. Overall this place was a delight and a welcome addition to the MK for food options. We will be returning next month to eat here again.

Did not even know Skipper Canteen existed until this last trip. We walked by and there it was! We are looking forward to trying it. Your drink and dessert certainly look interesting.

Mom + son trip, how fun!

We Loved Skipper Canteen!! The food was delicious when we ate there in February!! I hope they don't screw it all up with the menu revamp :mad:. I guess too many people were not adventurous enough and complained about it. I read an article they are doing a total overhaul of the food. I hope it doesn't turn into chicken fingers and fries and other boring food. :mad:

Thanks!! I love writing them :)

How can you go wrong with coconut :thumbsup2

Your Cali Grill meal looks great. So love their sushi. I had the same cucumber drink a few trips ago and it is definitely STRONG!

Glad you liked Skippers. We tried it last month and really enjoyed it. Definitely a step up from most park dining options. It will definitely become a staple for us.

I was feeling those two drinks for sure, but in a relaxed was as I still had to look after my one year old lol. I am so happy with tried Skippers, we just returned from 6 days at the world this week and we did not go back, but will get back there in September.

Awww your weekend trip looks like so much fun! I am so glad you had an awesome experience at Coral Reef and Skipper Canteen. I will never understand all the bad reviews for Coral Reef. We always have a great time there. Your seafood pasta looks delicious. The room you sat in at Skipper Canteen looks pretty cool too. That place is so unique. We enjoyed our meal there on this trip as well.

Thanks Jerri! Both places are super great.

Did not even know Skipper Canteen existed until this last trip. We walked by and there it was! We are looking forward to trying it. Your drink and dessert certainly look interesting.

Mom + son trip, how fun!

It really doesn't stick out at all, but once your inside the WOW factor is amazing!

We Loved Skipper Canteen!! The food was delicious when we ate there in February!! I hope they don't screw it all up with the menu revamp :mad:. I guess too many people were not adventurous enough and complained about it. I read an article they are doing a total overhaul of the food. I hope it doesn't turn into chicken fingers and fries and other boring food. :mad:

I too hope that the menu revamp isn't drastic. We need more interesting places to eat around there for sure.

skippers looks lovely

Thank you :goodvibes

Did they announce they are changing the menu?

California Grill looked amazing and I can't wait to try Skipper's Canteen, that is on my list for the next trip for sure!

Update Time!! We just arrived back this past week from 6 days at WDW, we literally booked the trip the same day from the airport!

That afternoon I stopped by the Mexico Booth at the F&G festival to try out the shrimp taco and it was delicious. It was the perfect blend of seafood and spice.

For dinner that night I booked a last minute dinner for us at a new place for us Tokyo Dining! I loved how nice it was in the restaurant and the view from the windows is priceless. We were seated back by the sushi bar. I started out with a cucumber martini that was very strong. Good but strong! For the appetizer selection I ordered the calamari and swapped my dessert for edamame for Alexander. I tell you their calamari ranks among some of the best I have ever tasted. It had a lot of meat to it. I decided on a sushi sampler for my entree, I can't recall the name, but everything was delicious. This meal was a real treat and I would not hesitate to go here again.

We love Tokyo Dining! That calamari looks delicious. Did it have tentacles or was it just the rings? I think the tempura batter here is simply the best.

Glad you enjoyed Tokyo dining. We booked it last minute too last year and really enjoyed it. Gonna have to try that calamari next time as I'm a sucker for all things squid

What a great experience to have mommy son time! You may have to make this a tradition! And your son is starting out strong in his tastes! Tokyo Dining is my son's favorite. We haven't tried the calamari. It looks more like tempura than typical fried calamari, no? I love their tempura shrimp.

We love Tokyo Dining! That calamari looks delicious. Did it have tentacles or was it just the rings? I think the tempura batter here is simply the best.

It was just the rings, which those are what I prefer. I agree that batter was some of the best I have tasted.

Glad you enjoyed Tokyo dining. We booked it last minute too last year and really enjoyed it. Gonna have to try that calamari next time as I'm a sucker for all things squid

It seems to be available a lot last minute, which is a good thing for me! You must try the calamari :)

What a great experience to have mommy son time! You may have to make this a tradition! And your son is starting out strong in his tastes! Tokyo Dining is my son's favorite. We haven't tried the calamari. It looks more like tempura than typical fried calamari, no? I love their tempura shrimp.

I like your idea of the tradition, it was our second Mommy and Son trip, as we were out at DL last Jan when he was 6 months old for my DH's job, so baby and I went to DL 3 days in a row while Dad worked. It was awesome! The batter was more like tempura, light and crisp.

Following! That calamari looks DELICIOUS!!!

Welcome!!

Totally agree with you on the rings over tentacles! I don't like the tentacles much at all. I'm so glad to hear it. Maybe someday we'll try the calamari there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter