Exploding Nappies

mushumadness

<font color=ff6633>Shopaholic<br><font color=cc339
Morning

We have been having this probem for a few weeks now

Morgan wear either a pampers or huggies 4+ nappie, but they arnt holding him at night, I change him and pt him in bed at 9pm and by 4am hes crying, wet through, nappie crystals everywhere, and nappies sopping wet,

I really dont likehim being in contact with the crystals, and am worried he may eat them!

Im at my wits end, pampers say 12 hours but they arnt.

should I move up a size? move him into pull ups on a night?

we were up at 4.30am in the bath as he was wet through again, and covered in crystals, even in his hair. plus his cots wet so whem I finally got him back to sleep hes laying on the sofa
thanks for any help

move up a size and you could put one of those nappy type absorbant sheets underneath him as well. poor thing, no wonder you are so worried :hug: god knows what is in those crystals.

could you give him a little less fluid before bedtime ?

We have had the same problem, I think it's worse with boys than girls too for some reason. I must say that we have tried the pull ups and they are even worse than a nappy and don't seem to have any extra absorbancy.

We went up a size with Harley and that seems to have made a difference but also when we go to bed we tend to see how "full" his nappy is and then change him if need be while he is sleeping - he never wakes up but just grins in his sleep! :)

Definitely go up a size and try a different brand. I like Tesco nappies - and they're cheap!

;)You are not alone..When Ethan was a baby this happened a lot in our house too, it really does help to go up a size but make sure it's secure and limit the drinks before bed time too. I found the Huggies nappies were better than Pampers ones because he kept wriggling out of the Pampers ones or they would swell in all of the wrong places leaving gaps around the legs no matter how well we fastened them. I swear sometimes babies wriggle so much the tapes just pop off either that or they fiddle with their clothes at night and catch the tabs making things worse. Ethan used to get his hands inside his clothes to rub the washing instruction labels to soothe himself if he kicked off his blanket with the satin trim sometimes he caught the tabs and the nappy came loose. Get a good waterproof mattress cover or pop a disposable mat under the bottom sheet of the cot it helps to reduce the mess and dampness and be easier to keep the bedding clean. I can sympathise with the whole getting up and sorting out a dirty nappy wet bedding and a cranky child especially in the middle of the night :hug:Everyone finds what works best for themselves I guess so I just want to say good luck and you are a great Mum to Morgan to worry about those crystals getting anywhere they shouldn't, maybe an email or letter to the manufacturer will help you work out if the crystals busting out is an issue that needs further investigation.

I agree if you write a letter to the nappy company complaining about the crystals and how dangerous they could be to a little one they might send you a heap of free nappies for you to try as a good will gesture. Every little helps as they say in Tescos or Asda.

I was a) rather worried when I saw the subject and had some horrible visions in mind and b) more worried about a bloke commenting on here about nappies.

However, as Joshua has struggled with these problems for years am typing away.

Firstly the pampers bed sheets, available from most supermarkets are a good idea as at least they stop the bed from getting wet, I can highly recommend them.

With boys it's vital you change them just before they go to bed, the newer the nappy before sleep time the better.
Reduce the liquid intake for the little chap for the last 2 hours before sleep time. Check a couple of times in the evening and change if necessary, usually you can do so without waking the little fella up.

The Crystals are nothing to worry about unless perhaps like you say the child eats them, also without them you would lose all the absorbancy within the nappy itself - so they are actually very important.

Would perhaps try a different brand or experiment to try the best one that suits you, pull ups also especially the Huggies are very absorbant and would tend to think they could be your best bet.

Daddy 'sharp' ;)

thanks everyone, Ive been to asda and bought size 6 huggies to try as morgan is definatly in that weight range lol, so fingers crossed (as the last few nappies that have gone south have been pampers)

also had to start to replace his clothes as hes moving into size 18 to 24 months and hes only 1!

I was also going to say move up a size, we had a couple of similar incidents with dd and we found that changing the size of her nappy helped. We used pampers most of the time but I also found the nature babycare nappies from boots, supermarkets etc really good as well as nappies from Aldi, I was sent some to try as a product tester and I was really impressed with the quality ... not sure what they are like now but a couple of years ago they were really good

I was going to say that we have always steered clear of Pampers - they just don't seem to have the absorbancy that Huggies do!
We only used Tesco's own brand ones for when they were newborns as the size 1 nappies were so expensive!

Hiya

thanks for all the advice

went out and bought huggies size 6 and Im pleased to say he had a full nights sleep from 9pm to 7am and no wet bed! very impressed.

wish me and his dad had a full nights sleep lol but lucas had other ideas

isabelle still fits in size 2 but we put her in 4 plus *** of this problem at night, you could try using the pads meant for real nappies inside it to add extra absorbensy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter