• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Explain Rider Swap & FP+ to me in Small Words Please

What if... you have a child who is tall enough/old enough to ride, but terrified? Do they allow rider swap in this situation? He is still definitely too young to wait all alone for us to ride.

What if... you have a child who is tall enough/old enough to ride, but terrified? Do they allow rider swap in this situation? He is still definitely too young to wait all alone for us to ride.

I don't know the answer to this one from first hand experience, but from other posts on the Dis, it sounds like it's really up to the CM in that case. As a rule, no, I don't think you can get rider swap just for a scared person (think about all the people that would take advantage of that rule!) What you would normally do is stay together as a group and then the too-scared-person can leave at the chicken exit right before the actual ride. Exactly how that's handled and if a parent is allowed to do a swap instead of just exiting is probably ride and CM dependent.

As the PP said, it will depend on the CM what you will be allowed to do. If you don't want to risk not being allowed to swap, you can get FP+ for the attractions your child is too scared to ride; if the first parent enters at the beginning of the FP+ window, there should be plenty of time for them to ride and get back for the second parent to use their FP+ before it expires. Or you can stagger the FP+ times to give yourselves more wiggle room, or even get them for completely different times if it will fit your schedule better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter