Expert help need - Transfers/Transport to a million places

florida-again

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>According to th
Hey guys, can you help me fill in my transport, transfer gaps....

Everywhere you see the word 'transfer', is a gap, meaning we have no idea how we will be making that transfer!

Could you please suggest a low-cost, easy way to make each transfer, I'm afraid I'm not brave enough to do the simple thing and hire a car. Buses? Trains? Taxis? Flying carpets? I need some real expert advice on this! I'd appreciate the advice even if you can only advise on one of the transfers........

Transfer from Springhill Suites Universal Boulevard to MCO

Fly out to Ft Lauderdale from MCO

Transfer to Sawgrass Mills

Shopping to Sawgrass Mills

Transfer to Hotel in Fort Lauderdale (Bonaventure resort and Spa)

Stay over in Ft Lauderdale

Transfer to Port Everglades

Go on Day-trip Bahamas cruise

Transfer back to Bonaventure resort and Spa

Stay over in Ft L

Transfer to Ft Lauderdale Airport

Fly back to MCO.

Transfer to Springhill Suites Universal Boulevard

Be brave. Rent a car.

I'm a fairly timid driver, but I have had no problem renting and driving in Florida. Unless you're European and used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road, it will be pretty easy. It will definitely be cheaper than trying to arrange all that.

Unless time is a critical issue, I'd drive to Ft Lauderdale from Orlando instead of flying. By the time you factor in security and all, it really wouldn't be take that much longer.

Sheila

Unfortunately I am British so it'd be really hard to get used to. I'm a young driver too, only been driving 2 and a half years, I'm concerned I'm still too 'new' to drive in the USA, not legally, but in terms of experience

You can book transfers through Mears transportation, I believe. Also, there is a Sponsor of this site who runs a transportation business in Orlando.

Sorry, don't know how you would book them but, hey, it's a start.

I can sympathize, since every time I think about trying to drive in London I get a panic attack. I got panic attacks riding the tour buses there.

On the other hand, unless you are so young that renting would be tough, what a wonderful opportunity this would be to learn to drive here. The drive from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale is a fairly easy one.

Sheila

I'm a bit confused actually about the driving limit. I'm 20 (British driving licence holder), and I've mostly seen that you can't hire a car in Florida at this age.

However, EZ-renta car have said I can hire one for a small supplement.

No idea if this is legal, but it's another reason I'm reluctant to hire a car, don't want to be pulled over and told it's not legal after all!

Hmmmmm...you really do have a challenge here...you've got adventures that are very spread out. You might be able to rent a car at your age, but you'd have to probably pay some huge fees to do so.
I would suggest checking with your hotels first to see if they have any shuttle services available. They probably won't in Orlando...not sure about Ft.Lauderdale. I've stayed at the Bonaventure but it was many many years ago (sure hope they've renovated since then)...anyway, I personally cannot recommend Mears Shuttle. I've had some incredibly aggravating experiences with them. They're not inexpensive, and for just a couple bucks more you can take a cab. I think cabs are going to be your best bet. They're not going to be cheap, but they'd be your easiest and would save you time. The hotels should be able to recommend a cab company.

you only have a few choices - shuttle or taxis.

I would definitely rent a car.

Both Alamo Car Rental
www.enjoyfloridahotels.com

Eagle rent a car, inc
www.eagle-rent-a-car.com

they can legally rent you a car.

WDW is one of the few hotels that allow 18 years to rent a hotel room - most hotels require 21 to 25 - on the beach in party cities it can be 30.

So they are playing to the teens who come to WDW.

Believe me it is legal

spiceycat said:

WDW is one of the few hotels that allow 18 years to rent a hotel room - most hotels require 21 to 25 - on the beach in party cities it can be 30.

So they are playing to the teens who come to WDW.

Believe me it is legal

AAAAHHHH that's really put a spanner in the works! I've just checked and it's virtually impossible to rent a hotel room in Ft L under 21.

It's such a shame, it really annoys me that there are a few stupid young people and we all get stuck with the reprocussions, you wouldn't find a more sensible couple than me and my boyfriend. I guess rules are rules though....back to the drawing board :-(

You can rent a car it is just $25.00 more per day to do it. It will cost you a small fortune to get where you are going with rental vehicles. I would go on line if I were you and plan the trip thru a couple of web sites and rent a car. Just take your time and make sure you remember your maps. It would be even easier with some one in the copilot seat. The area you are traveling in is a lot more spread out then I think you realize. Good luck what ever you choose.

Even as a new driver, it is so easy to drive over there, all cars from the hire compnies are automatic, and the speeds are much slower. Itnis much easier than driving in the UK. The only thing to remember is that as well as driving on the right, you can also turn right on a red light, and are expected to, unless it is marked otherwise.

I'd say rent a car and just taske it easy to getused tothe roads, and enjoy the drive if you can.

I would check with all your hotels. Most (except for WDW) won't rent to under 21.

sorry - it has more to do with the laws here - in some state 18 is consider legal so you can drink, in others it is 21.

if you aren't legal and say you didn't receive something (when you did) - you can get your money back.

so contracts with minors is generally not a good business decision. plus of course they definitely party more!!!
:cool1:

WDW doesn't seem to have the problems with 18 year old than other resorts do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter