experiences with Akershus

[/COLOR]

This is only true for Lunch, not dinner. CRT dinner is Fairy godmother, and Suzy and Perla with a photo of Cindy at the beginning, no other princesses.

Which princesses usually show up for dinner and which for lunch? Does dinner end up with more princesses. We are using our dining plan so it is 1 credit for dinner or 1 for lunch so we want the meal with the most princesses. Thanks!

went for dinenr (for my 26th BD) with my 10 year old son last year.

Nice resturant, good chara interaction, ok buffet part, good desert, horrible main dish.

I would recommend maybe the breakfast, and I would do maybe the breakfast if I ever went back

we were there in Feb and the food was horrid, the service was less than Disney like and the princesses were short and rude with our table. It was by far the worst character meal we went to. also, the wait to get in was UNREAL!!!!!

I have heard better things about the breakfast so maybe try that. The BEST princess meal is the 1900 park fare one... at least my family thought so. The food was really good and the step sisters were hysterical and interacted much more with the kids.

Here is my review from the Resturant Reviews-we were there in April:
EPCOT Norway Storybook Princess lunch

Very early lunch ADR at 11:20 am- May I suggest the same for you. No lines to get in-Breakfast ending. The only thing is you sit in the side room since they are ending Breakfast in the main room but it was truly fine that way.

The girls changed into their outfits and we were off! First we went to have pics done with Belle in a fabulous golden yellow gown. The pics were not included during our time but I understand they will be soon. We bought them since they came out so pretty. Belle was super sweet-again no rush from her but the photographer was (again) a little abrupt.

We had a nice waitress who told us we had some time to enjoy the appetizer buffet before the other princesses came around.

Now I really, really enjoyed this appetizer buffet! There are things that anybody would like -cheeses (very mild), salami, all salad and all dressings, cucumber salad, mickey pasta salad, chicken salad. But then they had the most delicious lox and cream cheese along with herring in wine sauce and smoked herring. I adored it. It is food you have to like and it is different but it drives me crazy when people call it "weird" both on the boards and in the restaurant.

I had the lamb stew which dissapointed me greatly. It was teeny tiny bits of lamb with teeny tiny bits of cabbage! Hardly any taste whatsoever. I sent it back and happily had the appetizers.

The other adults had the special Norwegian meatloaf (begins with a "k") and it was very delicious. The other adult had the salmon open face sandwich and seafood chowder. It was really wonderful! If you like salmon get that dish!

The kids had the chicken -again no big whoop-they enjoyed the cheese and salami appetizers very much.

The princesses started coming around and Ariel was there!!! We were so happy and she looked adorable. We also saw Aurora Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and....the big cheese herself Cinderella! Yep-she showed up for lunch. They were gracious, not rushed and had fun with the girls (Cindy stating she'd like to visit their house but GA sounded like a very long pumpkin ride!).

The desserts came out family style. This is where I can give you all a hint. During the middle of our eating our lunch the waitress plopped down the dessert plates with forks (not the actual dessert but getting ready for it). We asked her assistant to please tell her not bring the dessert tray out until we had finished lunch.

This worked out very well for us. The desserts were ok I didn't care for the rice cream but the kids did. We had an espresso cheese cake and a "princess" cake-Got me on the princess cake but I liked it a lot. It was very light and creamy.

Hi,
I booked Akershus for dinner last month ( 4/08).
I have 2 teenaged sons so we were really not there for the princesses!
We had been in 2001 and loved it ( food wise) and wanted to return. At that time, my kids were only 12 and 9 and they loved the sugar cookie shaped like a troll that they "painted" with a paint brush and colored frosting-- these are gone from the menu.

To me, the food is excellent and they let my picky 15 year old order from the children's menu ( pizza).

Sadly, I don't think we will return unless I have a princess granddaughter to take some day. I love the food, but am not interested in the character interaction.

Hope this helps,
Debi

Out of curiosity, did you know anything about the menu before reserving it?

I did but I didn't see anywhere on the menu where it said the meat would be so salty that you couldn't swallow it :rotfl2:

I swear they dumped 5 pounds of salt on the chicken :rotfl2:

The "cold buffet" was a salad bar....
well they had cold smoked fish that was really dried out and tasted yucky.... but that's a personal opinion... some people might like cold hard dried out fish :rotfl2:

But we are cajun and cajuns are NOT known for being picky eaters :rotfl2:
Nobody in my family liked this place... even my little princess said she never wanted to go back, that seeing the princesses was NOT worth it :rotfl2:

Not for nothing but I have to say I have a pet peeve.

If you don't like the food that is one thing-you tried something new and didn't care for it. That does not mean that food is wierd or horrible-just different than what you are used to and you didn't like it.

If you are abused in a restaurant such as having juice dumped all over you and your belongings including things that cannot be easily replaced such as autograph books with autographs, cameras or camcorders that may be damaged, your clothes a mess than do something about it.

TELL the manager what you want don't expect him or her to be a mind reader and don't expect him or her to be the poster child of customer service. Usually they are harried and crazed.

Stand up for yourself. Tell them you want another table and quickly, you want compensation for your clothing, you want your dinner bill to reflect your inconvenience.

If you deserve something say something. You are not taking advantage of the situation.

As long a I am on a roll...
The 18% tip is strong suggestion. If your service was poor or you do not feel you want to tip 18% for heaven's sake don't! Now I cannot say if you have a party over 6 they won't just add it but...I never have charging on my card-I tip according to service sometimes over 20% if it warrents it. Stop thinkin you must tip that amount- you do not.

We went for lunch a couple of weeks ago!!! My daughter LOVED it!!!! My son liked it as well...even though he said he didn't. Belle was first with the picture...we also saw Ariel, Jasmine, Aurora, and Cinderella!!! They were all so sweet to my daughter! The food was OK... I had Chicken Hubby had Beef. The kids had the pizza and only ate a couple of bites. Luckily, they have meat and cheese before. We LOVED the dessert platter...very good!!! It was a little more than we wanted to spend, but we would do it again!!! It was nice to have a break from the heat and see the thrill on our daughter's face when she saw the princesses!!!

I agree with some of the people! I think you should totally go for breakfast. They have about all the princesses, Jasmine, Mulan, Aorura, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, and maybe even more! Also, the food isn't too bad and the building is very beautiful! The last time we went to Akershus for breakfast was 2 years ago which was the last time we went to Disney. As of this time will be our 4th return WE BOOKED AKERSHUS AGAIN FOR BREAKFAST!!!! We are going with another family to WDW but just me, my 2 dd's, and the other mommy in the other family will be going. WE CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN! So, I can basically only tell you that the breakfast is to die for, as of I have never been to dinner, but I would try breakfast because I know you will experience a GREAT time and your daughter's will :love: it!!!!!

Not for nothing but I have to say I have a pet peeve.

If you are abused in a restaurant such as having juice dumped all over you and your belongings including things that cannot be easily replaced such as autograph books with autographs, cameras or camcorders that may be damaged, your clothes a mess than do something about it.

TELL the manager what you want don't expect him or her to be a mind reader and don't expect him or her to be the poster child of customer service. Usually they are harried and crazed.

Stand up for yourself. Tell them you want another table and quickly, you want compensation for your clothing, you want your dinner bill to reflect your inconvenience.

If you deserve something say something. You are not taking advantage of the situation.

Believe me, I am usually not hesititant to speak up when something is not right, but we honestly thought it was so blatantly horrible they would take care of our bill (thus offsetting the clothes we had to buy) without us having to pitch a fit. Unfortunately that didn't happen and my DH did not want it to set the tone for our day. When we got back I wrote an e-mail to Customer Relations and they said they would reimburse us, which didn't happen, but they did send my daughter some very nice customized autographed princess pictures which she loved.

With all due respect, though, I do have to disagree with you on one thing. As someone who used to be in that field, I do think that customers have the right to expect the manager to be the 'poster child' of customer service. They set the tone for how their entire staff approaches customer service and should do the right thing before someone has to complain. Especially at Disney.

We went to the breakfast twice - first time in Oct 05 and second time in Dec 07. We all enjoyed the first time more. For some reason I found the food better (although the second time it wasn't bad, just not as good as I remembered it) and we also had better service the first time. That being said it was worth it both times because of the characters. My daughter was able to take pictures with different princesses and get their autographs. By the way - this helped us avoid long lines later on in the parks. We all agreed that we would pick 1900 Park Fare over Akershus but it is hard to argue the character factor - all those princesses at one meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter