Experience with lost and found?

MommaBarb

Mouseketeer
We checked out today and right now at the airport i realized I left my kindle in my room and I'm devastated. I called POR and the housekeeping staff doesn't have it and the lost and found office is closed for the day. What are the chances it will be turned on? I had it on the bed and that's why it might have gotten missed in the packing.

My GF left her glasses and threw away her empty contact case, and we were able to get them both back with no problems. (The case was actually trash but I think it was on the top so they must have assumed it was an accident.)

I wish you the best on this. Sometimes things left on the bed get taken to the laundry by accident. On the bright side, Kindles have gone way down in price lately, and you can probably replace it relatively cheaply. If you have a Discover Card, you can link your Cashback bonus directly to Amazon, and you can use it to make a purchase. I bought my Kindle that way and basically got it for free.

Good luck!

I left a drawer full of clothes at CBR, thought of it on my way home. I called and nothng had turned up at lost and found at that time. I had described the items left. A couple days later I got a call they were turned in and on the way to my home.:)

Since it was left in the room today it probably hasn't made it to the general lost and found yet. It is likely that it is still at POR. You could try calling and after you explain the situation hopefully the call center CM will connect you to the POR front desk. We left a house key in the safe in our room at AKL, but didn't realize it until we got home 10 days later! We called and spoke to a CM who said it had been turned in so it would be sent to us. It was overnighted and arrived the next day. :)

DS left his wallet at the pirate league. We didn't realize it until a little later in the day. My son was upset because he had souvenir money in it. We told him someone probably found it and kept it, or turned it in without the money. We were surprised to find it was turned in and all of his money was in it!

I lost my wallet at POR last week and it was returned with everything in tact. Thinking positive thoughts for you as well.

when we were there a few years ago...at port orleans..my sil left her camera on the benches outside...

she called lost and found and sure enough...two days later ..the cm called and asked her to describe the photos...one of them was her elderly mother with a black and blue face ..she had fallen a few days before the trip...and the man said...we will ship it to you...

Keep calling lost and found...hopefully someone found it..

I lost my eyeglasses while running through the park last year. It took 3 days but they had them and shipped them back to me for free :thumbsup2

Now this was at least 25 years ago but I'll never forget it. I must've left my baby Donald Duck stuffed animal in my bed at the contemporary... After going home we didn't even realize it was missing until it showed up in our mailbox a week after getting home!

I'll never forget it. I sure hope your kindle turns up. Keep us posted.

Good to hear these great stories! I left my K'Tan (soft fabric baby carrier) on a bench at the DtD bus stop to ASMo. DH had run back to buy a surprise for the girls. I was juggling all 3 girls, a stroller and 2 large shopping bags. Why DDinfant wasn't in it so my hands were free still baffles me. I didn't realize it until we got back to the resort and didn't have it. I called immediately, the next morning, checked the bus stop with my own eyes the next day, checked with L&F at DtD and kept calling. Thank goodness it was the last day of our trip so I didn't need it. It was never returned to me. :( I bought another one a few weeks after we got home because I love carrying DD in it.

DS left a hoodie at BWV in the closet after we did a resort change. Never turned in, never got it back.

Check your homeowner's insurance policy -- sometimes they cover household items you can lose while away on a vacation...

But here's hoping you get your Kindle back.

Not a resort but years ago my sister lost her glasses on space mountain and Disney mailed the back about a month later when they found them. I know glasses are different than a kindle but there is always hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter