Experience with Fidelity?

WDWLayla

Earning My Ears
Here I am...once again!!! LOL

What have been your experiences with Fidelity. TSS does not have many AKL contracts available at this point, and I'm looking at Fidelity. Honest opinions sought....

Thanks again!
L

Worked with Sharon on a SSR contract last December. Had absolutely zero problems. She was very helpful and all was handled professionally.

I'm a big Sharon fan. After having had two contracts ROFR'd and another die because the seller booked a vacation after I thought we had a deal, I'm currently waiting to close on my VGC resale.

Other than the surprise $195 buyer's admin fee, which was 2 weeks old when I made my offer, and which she forgot to tell me about, all my dealings with her have been very smooth.

Sharon is wonderful, had no issues last year with my contract, getting ready to put an offer in on an more pts.

Just had my third potential deal done with Sharon. She has been very good. My first got picked up by Disney, the second one the idiot Sellers booked trips after we agreed and stripped the contract and now I have a new deal heading to rofr next week.

Rachael helped me at Fidelity back in September. I think I read she is no longer there ? Anyway extremely quick and smooth transaction. As soon as I can talk DW into 2nd contract will look there 1st.:thumbsup2

I also had a great experience with Fidelity. And their inventory of contracts is the largest around.

Used Fidelity to buy my BCV contract last summer. Deal went smoothly, would definitely use again.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Been talking to Shawn and Sharon recently. We just made an offer/it was accepted yesterday through them. I almost bought a contract through TSS for BWV at 68.00PP but after speaking to DH I rescinded our offer (within a 1/2 hour) since we wanted a larger contract - TSS was great about it and boy am I GLAD I did not stick with it we just got a great larger contract (222 points) for 55.00PP BWV!(asking price)

I bought through Rachel a few years back no major problems just communication not the best especially compared to TSS. I would not hesitate to go through them - they have a TON of AKV contracts more just posted last night! Good luck

I have been reading the boards and I suggest that you read the "saga of the SSR points" that is a Fidelity deal.

Question... If Disney uses their ROFR, do you still have to pay the 195 admin fee Fidelity charges since your deal did not go through?

So far we've had a great experience with Fidelity. DH and I decided over a weekend to move forward and start making offers. I saw a contract that I liked and called first thing Monday morning and spoke with Sharon. I made a verbal offer and heard back that afternoon that it was accepted. We signed contracts on Tuesday and it was sent to Disney for ROFR on Wednesday. I was surprised by how fast it moved. Now we wait for ROFR and hopefully closing will be as smooth as the beginning (assuming we make it through ROFR)!

Here I am...once again!!! LOL

What have been your experiences with Fidelity. TSS does not have many AKL contracts available at this point, and I'm looking at Fidelity. Honest opinions sought....

Thanks again!
L

26 contracts, we only bought from them once. No communication and acted like they either didn't know what they were doing or they didn't care.

Here is another recent post on Fidelity:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3071287

:earsboy: Bill

I had two contracts with them and both went smooth. They work better if you call them instead of using email. Sharon is very good at her job.

We had a contract with them in March 2011 that went very smoothly,Sharon brokered that deal.I understand that things don't always go that way. On the other hand our first resale contract was with TTS and that didn't go so smoothly,the closing company they used just sat on my contract for weeks even after it passed ROFR.

I just bought a contract through fidelity with Sharon. We are almost ready to close. Everything has been very smooth so far. I'd definitely go through her again.

I think the vast majority of resale transactions go through without a hitch.

But my experience here on the DIS is this: IF there is going to be a problem, it will occur with Fidelity. NObody else has the problems these folks have...NObody.

One strategy some have used successfully is to go through another broker for contracts you see on Fidelity's site. TTS doesn't co-broker, but the other two frequently-mentioned firms do. Using a co-broker doesn't cost a cent, and the other firms seem to be more diligent and competent than Fidelity.

I think the vast majority of resale transactions go through without a hitch.

But my experience here on the DIS is this: IF there is going to be a problem, it will occur with Fidelity. NObody else has the problems these folks have...NObody.

One strategy some have used successfully is to go through another broker for contracts you see on Fidelity's site. TTS doesn't co-broker, but the other two frequently-mentioned firms do. Using a co-broker doesn't cost a cent, and the other firms seem to be more diligent and competent than Fidelity.

Thank you for that information I did not know that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!