1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Experience Renting Bonnet Creek on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Mom23Disneybelievers, Nov 4, 2012.

1. manhattanman

manhattanman Mouseketeer

I just purchased an 8 day stay for a three bedroom at what was an extremely competitve price. As this was the first time doing something like this I also did my due diligence and paid by credit card.

As I just purchased it yesterday, there is not much to report but the presale communication was very good, I peppered them with questions, even asking for confirmation of things listed in the listing and I never got the sense that the seller was anything but accommodating and informative.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. delmar411

delmar411 DIS Veteran

I would dispute the charge and find someone else. When I rented BC on ebay, the seller had me everything within 48hrs. I would be concerned over 2weeks with no confirmation.

4. Denise03

Denise03 Earning My Ears

Did you rent from Renting-Resort by any chance, I rented a 4 bedroom last May from them and had a similar experience, but in the end it all worked out, I had e-mailed them several times with no response.

5. manhattanman

manhattanman Mouseketeer

Just a quick update, I immediately got an email from paypal saying that I was charged. Today I got an email from the seller or a broker thanking me for the purchase, explaining what I needed to give them so that my name is on the reservation as well as a preicted time line as to when things will happen. It was very straight forward. this email was two or three days after the auction finished.

So far, so good. Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

6. dmonroe

dmonroe DIS Veteran

My best friend also rented from the same seller last May, and had the same problem. It did work out for them in the end, but they ended up in a 3 bedroom for part of the week. The communication from the seller was really not good. She purchased the week in February and had a terrible time getting the seller to respond. (it took lots of phone call to Ebay and Paypal, but it did eventually get straightened out)

7. AndyFL

AndyFL This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my c

I've bought several stays off Ebay and never had a problem but there is ONE seller who has less than desirable communication skills. We got the room we paid for and the dates we paid for but I know what you mean, the slow response to emails DOES cause a sense of panic.

8. Mom23Disneybelievers

Mom23Disneybelievers DIS Veteran

After your post...I disputed the charge. (I had never done this before.)

9. Mom23Disneybelievers

I am glad that everything went smoothly for you! That makes planning a vacation even more enjoyable, doesn't it?

10. Mom23Disneybelievers

No, but I think that I remember seeing this seller selling weeks at BC.

11. Mom23Disneybelievers

Ahhh...stress! You would think that a seller would want to quickly take care of the deal and be done with it. I just don't understand the thinking behind dragging things out and having ebay "force" you to do the right thing.

12. Mom23Disneybelievers

UPDATE:

I never heard back from the seller. I disputed the charge and ebay refunded my money. The seller did not fight the process, so I appreciate that. I am not sure what was wrong with the reservation that this had to happen in the first place?!? Maybe personal issues? Either way, I am glad to have the situation fixed!

I found a new seller who has been great with communication. (Thankfully!!!) And guess what? I have already received the BC confirmaton letter. Woo hoo!!

So, I would say that there is a bit of risk involved with renting a time share from ebay. It does involve a bit of blind trust, which is hard to do. Ebay is a big, big marketplace and you are dealing with so many different types of sellers. Anyway, I am now very happy to have my reservation set, and can't wait for our first trip to BC.

Thanks to everyone for sharing BC renting experiences. It was very helpful to me!

13. Mom23Disneybelievers

Planning a vacation should be fun...not stressful! As someone pointed out earlier in the thread...part of the deal of getting a great price by renting a time share is the unknown. WBC can be rented directly from Wyndham for 2 or 3 times the price, but it is pretty much guaranteed. It is kind of a trade off, isn't it?

14. manhattanman

manhattanman Mouseketeer

As it was my first time I was extremely anxious about this, and to be fair it is pretty out of your hands, You can do everything the right way and still get the proverbial box of rocks, and if it happens you really don't have any recourse that will help when you need it. At some point you have to put your trust into people ( within reason). I'll wait till closer to the departure date and confirm the reservation with WBC but until then I'm not going to worry about it.

I think it is unfortunate that you had such poor communication, but for me the savings were well worth the small chance I'm getting scammed.

I'm glad that it seems to have worked out for you. I don't want to pry but did the new reservation cost more, less or the same as the first one ?

15. haPevraftr

haPevraftr DIS Veteran

This is so good to hear! Thanks for the update!

16. AndyFL

AndyFL This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my c

OP, now that everything has been resolved, how about telling us the Ebay name of the seller you had the problems with....personally I would like to know so I can avoid them in the future.

17. chimilady

chimilady DIS Veteran

YAY OP! glad it's resolved. I hope you leave negative feedback for the seller though.