experience needed for packing liquor in checked bags

Tooth Fairy

DIS Veteran
We are flying in to MCO and want to carryon liquor when we get to port. How do you secure to prevent breakage in a checked bag for the flight? bubble wrap and ziplocks? any advice would be appreciated!

I did bubble wrap and then inside a large (freezer) ziploc bag just in case. And packed in the middle with clothes all around in a hard sided suitcase.

Honestly, I would avoid it altogether. The last thing you want is dripping wet clothes smelling of alcohol...

We have used Wine Diapers with great success. They are cheap, reusable and seem very secure. also the extra large ziplock bags have been used.

We used one rolling carry on size bag for the drinks and we checked it on the flight. We brought juice, vodka and scotch. My husband has able to find the vodka and scotch in plastic bottles. I think we may have also put them in zip locks but can't remember now.

A

We always take alcohol on trips with us. We go on at least 6 vacations a year. Never have had any breakage or leaks. The only problems I've ever had are with toiletries!

Just wrap in a couple of grocery bags (mine won't fit in Ziplocs, but that would be better) and then in sweatshirts or other clothes.

We order plastic bottles of flavored rum from our local liquor store. They don't charge us extra! Then we just wrap in towels in one bag and pick that bag up at MCO and get on the bus with that to head to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter