Expedition Everest?

connie254

Disney fanatic
I am not sure if DS with autism would enjoy this ride or not. Even though he hates roller coasters and most height related rides(ToT) he loves Splash Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn Railroad, etc. I will not force him on it but others in our group will be getting a FP for it so I want it as an option.
What is anyone's opinion of it? I know you backwards for a while-maybe in the dark. I watched the youtube videos of the ride but can't make out if the backwards part is also downward and how fast. If it is 2 per row, are you close enough that you can hold hands(in case he gets scared while on it).
I know there is a "chicken out" section just prior to loading so I feel comfortable doing that if he doesn't want to go on at the last moment.

It's more intense then big thunder mountain it goes fast backwards and it's fairly steep backwards

My son (also with autism), also hate heights but loves roller coasters. His favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain (BTM), but Expedition Everest (EE) is his second favorite. EE is more intense, and it took a little additional reassurance the first time, but he loved it. Also, because of the extra sensations, we know that EE is not an immediate do-over kind of ride - unlike BTM which he would ride again and again if possible.

Hope this helps!

My son with autism rode it two years ago when he was 7. He was very apprehensive at first, but in the end he decided to ride, and for the most part he really liked it; however, he did not like the "monster" sounds inside the dark part of the mountain. I don't know if he would or wouldn't do it again.

The backwards part does pull some G's, so you are going at a good clip, but this roller coaster is much smoother than Big Thunder Mountain.

You sit two-across, so you have pretty good access to him during the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter