Expedition Everest Yeti Gone???

Disney out did themselves with Betti... Literally. They spent a ton of money creating the technology then built a mountain around it so no one could ever replace it. And on top of that, they made the mountain, coaster, and yeti 3 different structures so if they touch.... Bamo! No more Expedition Everest

Disney out did themselves with Betti... Literally. They spent a ton of money creating the technology then built a mountain around it so no one could ever replace it. And on top of that, they made the mountain, coaster, and yeti 3 different structures so if they touch.... Bamo! No more Expedition Everest

I believe there have been/ will be longstanding effects on the parks because of the failure of Everest.

Disney...does not "fix" things that are built/ go wrong anymore...unless there is a severe political or business hit to be suffered (as in California Adventure or Hong Kong Disneyland)...they simply ignore the problems by and large and then use the wasted money as a reason to NOT reinvest.

And everest is the poster child for that. Many customers give it a pass simply because it is a roller coaster (a moderately exciting one at that) and provides a quick decent thrill.

But that can be bought for about 20 million and is located in almost every Six Flags...its a generic ride in most ways.

The problem is with all those 21 day, 38 member treks to nepal and 8800 reproduced pieces of stuff in the line so people could not focus their eyes on it as they run past at park opening that goofy Joe Rhode HAD to have...the thing became a piece of modern art instead of what it should be...an endeavor that is more engineering than art.

So the 100 million - which by disney standards means probably about 130 million - is a real stinger. cause it just is a reminder of how they can get by with cheap junk...parades...pin carts...clones...and repurposing old spaces and get the same crowds as if they try to do something new and make more/lose less money.

And ironically...not much has been attempted at WDW since. A clone from california...a shooter that - while well done - cost too much and will probably lose appeal very quickly...and a new giftshop land over in MK...

I personally think that its not a coincidence

I believe there have been/ will be longstanding effects on the parks because of the failure of Everest.

Disney...does not "fix" things that are built/ go wrong anymore...unless there is a severe political or business hit to be suffered (as in California Adventure or Hong Kong Disneyland)...they simply ignore the problems by and large and then use the wasted money as a reason to NOT reinvest.

I know that Rhode wanted the thing fixed the moment it went down, but it wasn't up to him. Its a rumor, but it came from a manager, but I heard that the technology is not there. They build the ride, but not the program to fix it. idk. But anyway I know that Rhode is pretty upset about it. Another rumor is that he almost left over it. But CMs have lots of rumors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter