Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report

Welcome back!

Sounds like a really busy day. I haven't been to Universal since 1998. I really don't feel the need to go back. One of these days we will, I guess with the Harry Potter craze dies down.

Glad to see you haven't given up on me yet, :laughing:

Hopefully I'll be able to start work on getting Day 6 all done up and ready to be posted in the next few days.

I interrupt this regularly scheduled Trip Report with a special news bulletin...

Hi everyone (or those of you still hanging in there)! I wanted to take a break from the trip report for a second to give everyone a life update.

The biggest bit of news from me is that I recently started a new job. I didn't leave my previous job because I was unhappy, but I was made aware of a good opportunity for me, so I applied for the position and I got it. I am now working full-time for a drug store chain in a store that has yet to open. We are currently getting everything ready for the opening day, but as of yesterday at 6 pm there was sill no running water in the building, so hopefully that will get fixed soon. The opening date is the 27, with the grand opening slated for the 29, but I have a feeling that will get bumped back a little bit.

The other thing of note is that my fiance and I have been thinking about our wedding a bit more seriously as of late. We put our wedding bands on layaway and will hopefully pick them up before Christmas. We still need to secure a venue, and food, and pretty much all the other stuff, but we're at least on our way to getting things started off. We've also decided that for our honeymoon we are going to WDW...of course! We're hoping to go for a full 2 weeks, and we're looking at splurging at staying at the Wilderness Lodge (but would LOVE to stay at the Poly if at all possible, but that's an extra $2000!). We are looking at a wedding date of October 27, 2012 and Disney dates October 28-November 10 or 11, that way we can get MNSSHP and MVMCP in on the same trip. :thumbsup2

Anyway, that's all the news I wanted to report...not much, but exciting stuff nonetheless. I've been keeping busy with my new job, so on my days off I just sort of sit around enjoying doing nothing. I hope to start Day 6 soon, just to keep things rolling. Until then, keep well!

Congratulations on the new job! I hope that building gets running water soon!

Awesome idea about the honeymoon! My DH and I also honeymooned at WDW. I hope you write a TR about the Wilderness Lodge. I know that we have always wanted to stay there!

Day 6, Part 1

When we awoke on Day 6 the weather didn’t look so great. It was very cloudy, but still quite warm. Because of the weather my parents and brother decided to stay back at the hotel, while my fiancé and I headed out, ponchos in hand (well, bag in our case).

DSCF2246.jpg

We decided to head over to the MK since we were meeting up with a fellow DISser for lunch later on. When we got to the park it wasn’t very busy. I’m not sure if this was due to the weather or if it was because there were EMH that morning. Since we hadn’t gotten to do Big Thunder yet (at least I don’t think we did…I’ll have to go back and double check, :laughing:), that was our first stop of the day. We ran into Donald on our way over too!

DSCF2250.jpg

DSCF2254.jpg

DSCF2256.jpg

To our great surprise, we were able to essentially walk right on. We waited for all of maybe 5 or 10 minutes, it was nuts, but a very welcome start to the day. We were riding in front of two guys who had never ridden a roller coaster before, so it was fun to check in on them from time to time as we were on the ride. After it was over, they said it was a great ride, and they couldn’t wait to tackle Expedition Everest.

So, with BTMRR done, we outlined what rides we were hoping to do before our lunch date. My fiancé was agreeable to whatever, so it was up to me. I really wanted to do Pirates again, and the Haunted Mansion, but aside from that I was in the mood for anything. Because we were close to Pirates, that’s where we headed next.

Once again, there was no wait when we got there. The posted wait time said 5 minutes, and it was pretty accurate. Our boat only had the first 3 rows filled, that’s how few people were around. It seemed as if ride foo was with us this morning.

After we got off Pirates, we looked around in the gift shop for a little while, trying to find something for my fiancé’s dad, or something Piglet for her mom. Unable to find anything, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion next.

DSCF2259.jpg

The skies were darkening as we approached the HM, and we were the only ones around in the line, so instead of going through the interactive queue we just walked right on the ride. We said we were going to go through it, but we never ended up seeing it the whole trip. We will have to do that next time, regardless of how much longer it takes. I do love that ride though…

As we left the HM it had just started to rain, so we ducked into a little sheltered area to get our ponchos on, and away we went. By this time it was too close to the time when were going to be meeting up with our DIS friend to go on another ride, so we just headed over to Cosmic Ray’s to wait it out.

On our way over...

DSCF2278.jpg

DSCF2281.jpg

We were almost an hour early at Cosmic Ray’s, but we figured at least we were out of the rain. My mom was supposed to meet us for lunch, but while we were waiting we got a text saying she couldn’t make it because of the rain. Slightly disappointed, we waited some more. Because we were there so long, we ended up talking to some cast members working there. They were both in the college program, and very nice.

Now it was time for our mini DISmeet lunch date with Corrine 1973 and her son. We had a nice chat as we ate our meals, and talked about our trips up to that point. It was neat to be able to meet someone from the DIS in person, I must say. She was very nice, and her son was very energetic :goodvibes. I’m trying to remember what we all ate, and I think I had a hamburger and fries, but I don’t remember what everyone else had. I do remember that I enjoyed my meal though, and everyone else seemed to as well.

With full bellies, we went our separate ways. My fiancé and I were on the hunt for Wall-E merchandise, so off we went. After looking in a store for a while we decided to give up for the time being, and head over to do a few more rides. Since it was still kind of raining, we went on the TTA. I don’t know what it is about that ride, but I really enjoy it, and always make a point to do at least once per trip (usually more though).

By the time we were finished with the TTA, it was time for a bathroom break. On our way over, we saw that Stitch was taking photos, so we decided to go back and get a photo after our pit stop. The line up wasn’t too long, but he needed a break right before it was our turn, so we waited patiently. When he came back though, the photopass photographer wasn’t anywhere to be seen, so we had a nice family behind us snap a few pictures for us.

Me goofing around in the line...
DSCF2268.jpg

DSCF2270.jpg

While we were waiting in line to see Stitch, the rain had stopped, but as soon as we had finished there it started again. I wanted to do Buzz Lightyear, but when we got there the line up was very long and it had a long posted wait time as well, so we skipped it :sad1:. Instead of Buzz Lightyear, we decided to watch PhilharMagic. When we got there a show had just begun, so we had a bit of a wait ahead of us, but it was okay because it was dry in there, :laughing:. I think this is one of those rides that often get overlooked, but it’s so cute.

DSCF2272.jpg

After PhilharMagic, we made our way out of the park, through Adventureland. Since we were going to go right by Aloha Isle, we just had to get a Dole Whip on our way out. When we got there, who did we run into but Corrine 1973 and her son, along with another DISser and his daughter. It was nice to see them again, and meet another DISser.

The rain had stopped now, so we sat and ate our Dole Whips at a leisurely pace, and checked out the Emporium on the way out.

From here we decided to head over to Epcot for a while to check out World Showcase. We didn’t have bus foo, probably because we had ride foo earlier, but we had to wait well over 10 minutes for a bus.

DSCF2298.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

Continued in part 2...

Day 6, Part 2

Once we got to Epcot, we saw that Spaceship Earth didn’t have a wait, so we did that one. I’m not exactly sure how the large world map works at the end, when you exit the ride, but it looked like there had been at least 2 other people from our neck of the woods there. I thought that was kind of neat.
Since we didn’t have a whole lot of time before we had to leave to get to our dinner reservation, we decided to browse World Showcase. We started off in Mexico and only got as far as China before we had to go back. While in Mexico, however, we ran into none other than Dallas and Michigan. I was really surprised to see them, and thought it was cool to have run into them again. Small world, right? :goodvibes

IMG_3187.jpg

After we finished up in Mexico, it was on to Norway. I was always a fan of the Malestrom ride, and was looking forward to doing it, but my fiancé wasn’t a huge fan of it and didn’t want to wait in the line if it was going to be more than 15 minutes. By the time we got back there, after taking a few pictures, the wait was 20 minutes, so sadly we skipped it. Before venturing on to China, my fiancé need to make a brief pit stop, and while I was waiting for her to return, who did I meet again but Dallas and Michigan. Now, I know you all know how large WDW is, maybe I’m odd to think this, but I think it was very weird to randomly run into the same people 3 times in the same trip, let alone twice in one day. So, seeing as how we ran into them again, we all rode Malestrom together. We didn’t run into them any other times after this, but it was really neat to have bumped into one another so many times.

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

By now we didn’t have a whole lot of time to take a look in China, but we were so close we couldn’t not. The updates they gave the pavilion stores were nice. Like always, I was tempted by a few things, but I was able to keep myself in line.

It was time to head back to the buses now, to get to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had dinner reservations at Sanaa, and we were going really early so that we could watch the animals on the savannah beforehand. This time it didn’t take long to get on a bus, and soon we were on our way to the AKL.

Sanaa is at the new Kandi Village at the AKL, which is a whole new area since the last time I was there. They did a really nice job with it, in usual Disney fashion. The animal viewing area has a large fire and some seating. There were lots of animals roaming around, but mainly giraffes, zebras, emu, and either gazelle or antelope. My fiancé started taking pictures right away. I think this was a highlight of the trip for her, being so close to these animals and being able to get so many good shots of them. She turned on her continuous shoot mode, and ended up taking hundreds of photos during our time there.

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

It wasn’t long before my parents and brother found us, so we checked in and got our buzzer. We went back out for a little bit until our buzzer went off, and were seated at a table near the entrance of the restaurant. The atmosphere was really neat, and we all enjoyed just being there.

My brother has many food allergies, so we informed our waitress of this and she actually brought out the chef so she could talk with my brother about what was safe. I thought that was really great. It was also kind of cool to see the chef, because usually you don’t.

I ended up getting the lamb and red curry chicken. I think there may have also been another meat, but I don’t remember what it was at the moment. I loved it though. The best part of my meal was desert. Instead of getting the sampler, which is what I normally would have done, I got the chai crème. I love chai tea a lot, so to have a dessert like this was like heaven for me. I could have easily eaten two of these, but I was too full, and I had to take a lot of dairy pills (I’m lactose intolerant, but I have digestive enzymes I can take every now and then if I want to have some dairy, I just can’t take them too often).

DSCF2313-1.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

By the time we were done it was close to 10 I think, so we just headed back to the hotel for the night. It was another long day, but another great day. It was hard to believe our vacation was drawing to an end. :sad2:

Whew Im tired out from your day.

Love the ride karma that was happening for you.

Never tried the Chai but looks yummy!

Once again, you two look so happy together!;)

Wow, what a day! You are a die hard to go in the rain. I think I would do the same though. Can't wait to read more.

Day 7: Part 1

Day 7, our second last full day in the parks :guilty:. It was also my brother’s last day with us, which I was a little sad about, despite the fact I didn’t get to do much with him while he was around. We all got up extra early this day because we had breakfast reservations at the Tusker House for 8am. We decided to use the buses to get to the AK, and despite our valiant efforts to make it to the stop early, we were running behind. We also had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus, which didn’t help matters, but despite this, we made it to the front of the park for 8:05…not bad.

DSCF2328.jpg

DSCF2330.jpg

Walking back to the Tusker House was really awesome because there were very few other people around, and all the CM’s were greeting you. There was also live music somewhere along the way, which was kind of neat.

DSCF2332.jpg

When we got there and checked in, we waited in line for our photos with Donald, and then we were shown to our seats. As we got to our table Mickey was already in the room, so we just made it in time. Immediately after Mickey left our room Daisy walked in, so we just stayed put and got our photos with her before going to get some food.

DSCF2334.jpg

As we were getting our food, our server came to find us because Goofy was apparently in the room and almost at our table, so we rushed back in time to meet him and get our photos with him. Instead of going back out to finish getting more stuff, we all just ate what we had and then went back for more later.

DSCF2337.jpg

DSCF2341.jpg

The food was really good. I loved everything I had, except for the plantain, which tasted like stinky socks to me :scared:. I know everyone went back for seconds of the ham, which was our collective favourite.

By the time we were done, the park had just opened, so it was great timing. This is a place I would definitely recommend, and would certainly go back to, especially if you could get a reservation before the park opens. Having that small advantage of being so far back in the park already really helped.

Since we were so close to the safari, that’s where we headed first, after a quick pit stop of course. We didn’t have to wait long, which was great, but unfortunately, we were seated in the last row of our safari vehicle. This was by far the most bumpy ride I’ve ever experienced on the safari. My dad was convinced it was the CM’s driving that made the experience so bad in terms of not being able to get pictures, but I think it was just because we were all crammed into the last row of the vehicle. That’s right, 5 adults in the last row, which is smaller than all the other rows in the car. It was a very tight squeeze, on top of the bumps. We actually lifted out of the seats a few times, it was not fun. I was very glad I had already done the safari earlier in the trip, because I would have been very disappointed if this was the only time I got to do it. Somehow my fiance managed to get some good photos anyway...

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

After we got off the safari and our legs had a chance to regain all feeling, we headed towards the walking trail, after stopping for a quick picture. This time around wasn’t as awesome as the first, but I’m still glad I got to see it again. The gorillas were out, but on the opposite side to where we saw them before. We got to see the baby, which was awesome. She was with her mom and is still really playful, which is super cute.

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

We headed over towards the other walking trail after this one. On the way over my mom stopped and asked a CM about DaVine, to see when she was going to be out. Apparently she would be out in 20 mintues time, so my mom didn’t want to get half way through the trail and then have to hurry back to catch her, so she opted to stay and wait for her. My brother and dad stayed with my mom, while my fiancé and I continued onto the trail. We had already seen her this trip, so we felt that we could pass up the chance at seeing her to spend more time looking at the tigers, since we didn’t get to do this trail before. We told them we would catch up with them somewhere along the trail.

There was hardly anyone around on this trek, which I thought was weird, but was kind of nice. It allowed us to slow down and take our time going through it. The bats were really smelly, as always, but I find them so fascinating. Their wings look so thin I find it incredible to look at.

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

And since I'm at my max for photos, the rest is continued in the next few posts...I've got lots of photos :thumbsup2

Continued from Part 1....

When we got back to the tiger area they were all sleeping, of course. It was still pretty early, and it was really hot already, so we shouldn’t have been too surprised. There was a CM in that area though, and she told us that coming back around 3 would probably be a good time because they would probably be more active then, so we decided we would go back. We still hadn’t met up with my brother and parents at this point, so we took the opportunity to put more sunscreen on and take a breather.

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

Once we met up, they told us that they had plans to go back to my brother’s room to get him checked out, but we made plans to meet at Epcot later that night. We didn’t go our separate ways just yet, because we thought we might be able to get one last group ride in on Dinosaur, and maybe one on Kali. On our way back there we got some photos done, and by the time we got back to Kali there was a long wait. No one else wanted to go back to do it later, so my fiancé and I ended up getting fast passes for later, before heading on to Dinosaur.

DSCF2347.jpg

Unfortunately by the time we got to Dinosaur they had to leave, so once again it was just my fiancé and I on our way to save a dinosaur. My second time on the ride I fared better. I had some encouragement from a lovely couple in front of us in the line though. They were actually there on their honeymoon, but had gotten married over a year prior. I think they said they were from a New England state…very nice people though. :goodvibes

After Dinosaur, we were a little hungry, so we went over to the Flame Tree BBQ for some lunch. I was really excited to try this place out, after having heard such great things here on the DIS. We actually ended up splitting a meal, because we thought it would be too much if we didn’t, and I think it was a good call on our part. We went with the ribs, which were really good, just as good as I expected from all the hype.

DSCF2352.jpg

DSCF2353.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

At this point it was time to conquer Kali River Rapids, as our fast pass time had rolled around. This was my first time on Kali, and I was psyched. I love rides like this, as you will remember from Popeye, but I never had the chance to go on Kali on my previous trips for one reason or another, so I was really excited to be finally going on it. I did enjoy the ride, but I thought it was way too short. I was very glad I only had to wait in the fastpass line because otherwise I would have been severely disappointed. While I enjoyed the ride a lot, I really think they need to expand it or something.

IMG_3796.jpg

Now that we were nice and soaked, it was time to head back to see the tigers and dry off a bit. Before heading right back to the trail, we stopped for a Mickey bar. I miss those so much. (sad)

When we got back to the tigers this time there were a huge crowd of people around, up by the pool area. Come to find out someone was just about to come by and give the tigers a snack. Score! We lucked out this time. It was a bit hard to see because we weren’t exactly in the front, but my fiancé was able to get some good pictures anyway. It was neat to get to see that, so I’m really glad we decided to go back.

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

Continued in Part 3...

Continued...

Now that we had accomplished just about everything we had set out to do at AK that day, we decided it was time to head over to Epcot and finish touring WS. We left AK just as they were setting up for the parade, so we got out just in time. It’s a bit of a shame I still didn’t get to see the parade in AK, but I’m sure I will one day.

Me on the way out of the park...
DSCF2357.jpg

As much fun as I was having in AK, I must say, I was very happy to be back at EPCOT. I just felt like I wasn’t getting stuff done that I normally would have had done by this time in the trip, so I was glad to be back. We set off for Test Track right away. The wait was pretty long, but I hadn’t gotten a chance to do Test Track yet, and it’s one of my favourite rides, so I had to do it just in case we didn’t get back.

After Test Track, we went over to the first aid place to get some bandaids. My fiancé and I both had blisters, and at this point in the day the bandaids we had were getting worn out. Once we were all set there it was time to conquer the rest of World Showcase. We started off in Germany, where we had previously left off.

When we were done looking around in Germany, my fiancé and I decided it was time for supper. I had always wanted to try the Tangerine Café in Morocco, but was never able to because no one I was with wanted to try it, so I mentioned this to my fiancé and she was agreeable.

Along the way to Morocco we stopped in at all the pavilions for a browse. Now, usually I’m pretty good when it comes to spending money in Disney World, but WS is my weakness. There were a few things I almost picked up in Germany and Italy, but when I got to Japan I couldn’t help myself. I didn’t go too crazy, but I picked up some new chopsticks and some candy.

DSCF2374.jpg

DSCF2375.jpg

DSCF2380.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

There was a belly dancing show going on when we got to Morocco, which was neat, so we got some food and watched what we could from our table. I ordered the slider plate, which was great, and my fiancé got the veggie plate. We both enjoyed our meals, and the show, and perused the pavilion shops. My fiancé was really excited about this pavilion because before she saw pictures of my previous trips, she had no idea there were stores in behind the café.

DSCF2382.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

While we were near Restaurant Marakesh my fiancé spotted a pay phone and decided to give her mom a quick call. Unfortunately after trying several times, we assumed the phone wasn’t working so we just gave up.

DSCF2384.jpg

At this point we were supposed to be meeting up with everyone over in America, so we headed over a few minutes early. It was around 7:30 or 8 by the time we all got caught up. My fiancé and I wanted to watch Illuminations one last time, but no one else wanted to stick around for it, mostly because my brother had to leave early in the morning and he didn’t want to be out too late. Then came the decision…it was time for…The Kitchen Sink. That’s right, the one thing everyone was hoping to try on the trip ever since I showed them a video of it on the Disney Parks Blog.

So, it was over to Beaches and Cream. Now, my fiancé and I had been there previously on the trip, so we knew how small the place was, but we figured people would be watching Illuminations, so we optimistically thought we might have to wait 10-15 minutes or so. Nope. It was somewhere in the vicinity of 45 minutes to an hour. :scared1:. Yeah, there goes the early night for my brother. Anyway, I feel like now is a good time to mention that my mom, brother, and myself are all to some degree lactose intolerant. Because I knew we were going to attempt The Kitchen Sink on the trip, about a week before we left I bought some digestive enzymes, which are pills you can take before you eat dairy so that you can digest the lactose more normally. They don’t work for everyone, but they seemed to work for me (and still do). I know I mentioned this in a previous update with the chai crème’s, but here we are, a group of 5 people, 3 of which aren’t supposed to have ice cream, and we were about to go for the motherlode. It’s kind of funny I think.

Anyway, by the time we got seated my brother had become very cranky, and in turn was making everyone else a bit cranky. It didn’t help much that we were seated right beside the line up for the take-out side, which was loud, but at least we were finally in. We knew what we were ordering before we looked at a menu, but when I took a look at it just to see what else they had, I was very tempted by many other things. A few minutes after settling in we were all in a much better mood, probably from the anticipation of what was to come.

DSCF2392.jpg

DSCF2395-1.jpg

While we were waiting for our sink :laughing:, I overheard a guy in the take-out line behind us telling his son about a hidden Mickey on the wall. Of course I had to try and find it, and after a few minutes I did! That helped make the wait a bit more bearable. Shortly after this, while we were all laughing at the fact that the majority of the people at the table weren’t supposed to be eating dairy, the lights dimmed and an orange glow was cast over the restaurant. That could only mean one thing…

DSCF2393.jpg

We were all amazed at how big it was when it got to our table. I still can’t believe we ate it…an entire can of whipped cream! That’s the thing that gets me every time, the whipped cream, not the fact that there are 8 scoops of ice cream, the brownies, cookies, toppings, cake, or the cherries…it’s the can of whipped cream. Yikes!

After we were done...
DSCF2396.jpg

Anyway, it was totally worth it. The dairy pills worked like a charm, and no one felt anything other than stuffed afterwards.

My fiancé took the opportunity to call her mom from the lobby at the Yacht club on the way out, and we got a bus to DD pretty much right away when we got to the stop. The ride didn’t seem as bad this time, and once we got to DD we didn’t have to wait very long for a bus back to the CSR.

Once again, it had been a long but awesome day. There was one last thing to end the day with though, and I wish I could say it was a good thing. Just as I was trying to fall asleep I heard my fiancé panicking. Earlier in the trip when we were in Downtown Disney, I bought her an artist sketch of Eve from Wall-E. I had it delivered to the hotel so she wouldn’t suspect anything, and she had picked it up (along with a few other things) the day before. She was so excited when I gave it to her, that she only looked at it for a moment before wrapping it back up and putting it beside our luggage. Apparently she had been going through everything to try to find it and pack it away, just to get a head start on the packing, but she couldn’t find it anywhere. I got out of bed at this point to help her look, and it was nowhere to be seen. Alarmed, she called the front desk to report it missing. The person she spoke to on the phone was very helpful, and apologetic, and said he would forward her information on to the people in the morning, and that they would call at some point tomorrow to try and get it sorted out. We went to bed a little unsettled, but hopeful.

Up next...our last day :sad1:

Part 1

This was it, our last day :sad1: :sad2:. I woke up feeling tired, and kind of sad. I didn’t want our vacation to end, and it seemed like we’d only just gotten there. I was trying hard not to think about it.

Our plan of attack for the day was to take advantage of the morning extra magic hours at Epcot, and then head over to the Animal Kingdom to do Dinosaur one last time, this time with my parents, then head over to the Hollywood Studios for a late lunch at the 50’s prime time café, and end the day at the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours. It was ambitious to think we could do everything, but we were going to try our best.

Just as we were about to head for breakfast, the phone rang. It was someone at the front desk for my fiancé. This person was informed of the missing print, and got the full run-down. They told her to go to the front desk and ask for a certain person, and that they would be able to sort things out there. So, my fiancé and I headed off, ahead of my parents, to get the missing print situation sorted out.

Once in the lobby, we asked for the specified person. We had to wait about 5 minutes for him to arrive, and then we told him the story again. He said they would probably be able to replace the print, but that we would have to talk to the lady in charge of the gift shop to make sure that it wouldn’t be a problem to get it delivered to the room on the last day of our stay. So, off to the gift shop we went, with the guy whose name I unfortunately don’t remember. (I’m doing this from memory, I have absolutely no notes about this day, and it happened about 5 months ago…thank goodness for pictures!).

The lady at the gift shop was more than accommodating. She called the store in Downtown Disney to see if the artist they had there that day was able to sketch Eve for us, and if so, if they would be able to get it over to the hotel before the end of the day. She was able to get everything secured for us, which was awesome. We were both very pleased with how the situation was dealt with, and very grateful for being able to get a replacement print. I guess there is a reason Disney ranks so high on customer service.

Anyway, with that taken care of, it was time for a quick breakfast at the Pepper Market. This time I had pancakes I think, and my fiancé had the French toast. My parents had the same thing they had the other morning we ate there. The service wasn’t any better this time, and we were glad we had only eaten breakfast from there twice.

When we got to Epcot, the park had been open for a short time, but we headed right over to get fast passes for Test Track anyway. Today was about the rides, especially the ones we didn’t get to do as a group. So, while we waited for the fast pass time to roll around, we went over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. I really do enjoy it in there. While we were there we got to see part of a dolphin training session, which was pretty neat. I could have stayed longer, but we could go back to Test Track at this point, and we had a lot to accomplish, so over we went.

DSCF2408.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

DSCF2405.jpg

After Test Track, which was awesome, we went over to get fast passes for Sorin’. When we got them and saw how long we had to wait, my parents decided to go to the Photo Spot, because they had wanted to do that the whole trip. My fiancé and I didn’t care so much about getting photos done, so we went over to Mission Space one last time. We got put into a exploration group with a father and son team, and it was the little guy’s first mission, so he was a little nervous, but we made him feel better about it. We all enjoyed the ride, and once we got off, the little guy said it was his new favourite ride. He was super cute.

DSCF2403.jpg

At this point we didn’t want to miss my parents, so we just went over to a bench near the exit of the Photo Spot to wait for them. It wasn’t long before they came out, looking very happy. We were able to use our Sorin’ fast passes now, so over we went. We got lucky and were put in row 1 again. It’s so much better being up that high, not being able to see people’s feet dangling. This time we got in the middle section, and after the ride was over we decided we liked being on the far left side better because you couldn’t see people on either side of you.

DSCF2402.jpg

Feeling satisfied that I had done everything in Epcot that I could have done this trip, we said goodbye to Epcot, and headed for a bus to the Animal Kingdom. Once we got there, the only thing we did was Dinosaur. We took a few minutes to look around in a gift shop or two, but we literally went in the park, rode Dinosaur, looked in a gift shop, and left. It was just enough time spent there to say we did it. My fiancé would have liked to ridden it another time, just because, but we had to get over to Hollywood Studios for our lunch reservation.

DSCF2415.jpg

DSCF2416.jpg

DSCF2419.jpg

DSCF2423.jpg

DSCF2428.jpg

We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation, and so were given a buzzer. We just hung out for a while, waiting for our table to be ready. Maybe 10 minutes later, our buzzer went off, and we were seated. I was excited for the fried chicken, because I had enjoyed it so much the last time I was there, but I was undecided whether or not I wanted to branch out this time. In the end I ended up going with “old faithful”, but I substituted the collard greens for some green beans. It was my fiancé’s first time at the Prime Time, and she loved it. I’m pretty sure she went with the pot roast. My mom had fish, I believe, and my dad also went with the fried chicken. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals, and when dessert time came, we had a hard time finishing everything. I went with the seasonal cobbler, my fiancé had the smore, my mom didn’t get any desert, and I don’t remember what my dad had.

DSCF2430.jpg

DSCF2432.jpg

I'm not sure whose food this was, but it looks nothing like what I remember people ordering, lol, so I'm not sure what I mixed up...
DSCF2434.jpg

DSCF2436.jpg

DSCF2438.jpg

DSCF2437.jpg

Continued in the next post...

Continued...

By now everyone was starting to feel the overall pace of the day. My mom proclaimed she was going back to the hotel to get a head start on packing and to take a little nap. I decided to go along with her, while my fiancé and my dad decided to stay out for a little while and meet up with us at the resort later on. Here are some pictures that my fiance got while I was back at the hotel. It was a Star Wars Weekend...

DSCF2441.jpg

DSCF2445.jpg

DSCF2447.jpg

DSCF2443.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3862.jpg

When we got back to the room, I walked in to find a very pleasant surprise. My fiancé’s Eve print was propped up on our bed! I was very happy to see this, and thought she would be thrilled to find out.

After a little nap, I was ready to go. My fiancé didn’t get back to the room until just after I had woken up. She was amazed, and very happy that the print had already been made and was delivered. By now I think it was about 6 pm. My mom had a nice nap as well, but was packing her stuff when I woke up.

We waited until around 7:30 or 8 for my dad, but he never showed up. At this point my fiancé and I were ready to hit the Magic Kingdom. My mom wanted to stay behind to see if my dad would show up, so she stayed.

IMG_3906.jpg

Once we got to the Magic Kingdom, tons of people were filing out. I think the Main Street Electrical Parade had just ended, and there were a lot of people leaving for the night. It was hard for us to navigate the crowd, but somehow we managed to get just past the shops on Main Street USA before we decided to just stay put. The Magic, The Memories, And You, was underway at this point, so we decided to go by the Crystal Palace and watch, because there was no point trying to beat the crowd. Once the show was over, there was an announcement made that Wishes would start in, 10 minutes, I think it was, so we decided to stay to watch that as well. I was really happy to be able to see it one last time. After wishes was over, the crowd leaving the park got even worse, so we just stayed in the same spot to let the crowds clear out. We got to see The Magic, Memories, and You one last time, before the crowds had thinned out enough that we could get some popcorn and stake out a spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade.

IMG_3917.jpg

Both my fiancé and I had been wanting popcorn the whole trip, but we kept forgetting to get some, so we were really satisfied when we finally got it. We ended up staying pretty close to the popcorn cart at the end of Main Street to watch the parade. I have to say, I was a little sad that they had taken Spectro Magic away, but after having seen the “new” parade, I was pleasantly surprised. It was really good! I’m glad I got to see it. It wasn’t the same as Spectro Magic, but it was a good replacement.

DSCF2455.jpg

We waited a little while after the parade ended before we got up to finally get on some rides, when I spotted my mom. Apparently she had just arrived in the park, and had just caught the tail end of the parade. When she had left the hotel she still hadn’t seen my dad, so she decided to just go out and enjoy her last night in the parks. We all figured we would run into him at some point that night, because all of the other parks would be closed soon anyway.

IMG_3941.jpg

I can’t quite remember if we went on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority first or not, but I do remember that we got a few photo pass pictures taken before we did our first ride. It was kind of funny, because the photo pass photographer recognized us and said to my mom “your husband has been looking for you”. Apparently my dad had been by earlier in the night, and said he was a little worried that he couldn’t find us. I thought it was awesome of my dad to have mentioned it to someone, and even more awesome that the guy remembered us.

Anyway, I don’t know if our first ride was the TTA or not, but I do know that we went on Cinderella’s Carousel because my fiancé couldn’t believe that I had never been on it. Part of me wants to say we did do the TTA, then the carousel. From there we went over to Big Thunder, because that’s what my mom really wanted to do. We love riding it at night. At this point we were all getting really tired. My mom didn’t want to head back so soon, but she was fading fast, and we weren’t far behind her. We all did one last ride together, Pirates of the Caribbean. We had virtually no wait, which was awesome.

After our final voyage on Pirates, my mom went back to the resort. My fiancé and I decided to stay for one last ride on the Haunted Mansion. I almost started crying on the ride because I knew it would be the last time I’d get to see it for a long time, but my fiancé said we could go on it again because she knew how much I loved it. Once we picked up our final hitchhiking ghost, it was time to say farewell to the Magic Kingdom. I hated to leave, but we were so tired we were stumbling. We still hadn’t run into my dad, which was also slightly worrisome. We had been hoping that my mom would have run into him already.

With one final glance at Cinderella’s Castle, we were on our way to the bus stop.

Once we got back to the resort, we were very surprised to find out that my dad still hadn’t come back. By this time the park was closing down, so we figured he’d have to be back soon. When my fiancé and I left there were only about 45 minutes left of the EMH’s.

We all got our receipts sorted out, clothes packed away, and made sure everything was ready to go for the morning. By the time we went to bed, my dad still hadn’t come back.

Day 9: Going Home

Day 9 started with an alarm, and waking up to the relief that my dad had come back. Apparently he showed up around 3 am. He was one of the last guests out of the park. We should have known he would have taken advantage of the empty park to take pictures in.

Anyway, I’m not going to mention much about this day, because it’s the one that everyone dreads. I felt like I had to add it though, because of my dad being MIA the night before.

Our flights home were all on time, and were all great. None of our luggage got lost, none of our things got broken in transit, and customs was a breeze. I pretty much cried on the ME back to the airport though. I was so sad to be leaving, not knowing when I’d be going back. I didn’t want to have to go to work the next day. I didn’t want to have to cook my own meals again, or deal with late buses, or do laundry. I wanted to stay in Disney World, for a long time.

So that pretty much wraps up my trip report. It was a fantastic trip, all in all. Sure it had its ups and downs, but those were only minor speed bumps. There are loads of other pictures I wanted to share here, but didn’t have room, so I may come back and add some later on.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me. I hope you enjoyed my TR! If you did, keep an eye out, because there might be a new PTR just around the corner. :wizard:

Wow, that trip report seemed to go by really quick. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter