Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by mickeystoontown, Jun 11, 2012.

1. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

WAHHHHHHHHHH!!! :sad:

It's not over! It's not over! It's NOT over!

Loved your parting shots of CBR. Beautiful.

And the Disney signs

But I especially loved the first picture of the tunnel in Mobile. I thought you were back on Space Mountain!

I know you have a little wrap-up, and then

Bring on the PTR!

:goodvibes:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BMC423

BMC423 DIS Veteran

Last day! :sad2:
    That tunnel looks so cool! I know you had a picture of it when you were heading to Disney, and I was kind of excited to see some more tunnel pictures on your way back.
    Loved your TR! It was very entertaining as always:) Looking forward to your PTR!

4. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

that was to funny about you bringing that up. My dad has a letter he write to my mom well they were dating on a piece of paper from a motel It list things like Air condition and TV, but it also mentioned it was carpeted throughout and had AM radio. Pop Century has signs like that leading up to it.

5. blessedmom4

blessedmom4 WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many chi

Okay, I know I am in the minority, but I am not at ALL sad that your TR is over! I can't wait for the PTR!!! Lets get going, please let me know when you start!

LOVED your final pics at the resort, how beautiful! And the pics home were great...who took your pic at the rest stop? Camera timer? Loved it! That IS a long drive though!

Car horns WERE made for honking, it keeps people out of my lane, which seems to be happening a lot lately. Rachel has become very aware of cars since Drivers Ed looms and she said this week she can't believe how many people swerve into our lane when we are driving..it is GOOD to be a defensive driver, some people are so distracted they have NO idea where their cars are going.

Back to the PTR popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: I am so READY!!!

6. Bethislucy

Bethislucy DIS Veteran

Looks like it's another great trip in the books, I mean who could ask for more we had drama in contraband & theft (although I'm not sure that's theft) and then we had the touching family moments with complete crazy fun to end it. Sounds like a great vacation to me. Can't wait for the PTR to start.

7. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

Lisa, what I wouldn't give for those temps! Snowed here yesterday for a bit. I am so ready for something here to look green again!
    Sad your trip is all over. But on the flip side.....that just means it's almost time for you to be going back!! :woohoo:
    Are you still planning that 1 night at POR? Even though it is so much like your own home, I know you are going to like it there.

8. Bridora

Bridora DIS Veteran

We're still waiting for that Spring weather to arrive here! We got snow on the 1st night of Spring! I think by the end of the week, though, it's supposed to start warming up.

I like how you've ended your Trip Report just at the right time to get a PTR started for your May trip!

I'm glad your vacation ended with you all safely arriving home. :)

9. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

10. deedeew80

deedeew80 Dreaming of My Prince

Yay!!!! Such a bittersweet moment! Sad that this TR is coming to an end, but excited for the PTR!!! ;) Your trip will be here before you know it!!!

11. mickeystoontown

Traffic wasn't bad until we got near Tallahassee and then Pensacola and Mobile.

There's never a dull moment when Hunter is around! :rotfl:

I wish airfare was cheap enough for us to fly. It would help if there was a larger airport nearby.

The drive is soooo long and there are big stretches of nothingness so there's nothing really to do but take pictures.

The pre-trip report has started!

I know! We are at just 50+ days!

12. mickeystoontown

I remember when McDonald's used to have el' cheapo burgers on Super Bowl Sunday!

I hate horn honker fries! I like the crispy ones! I need to tell Hunter that story. I know that he'll laugh like crazy.

Thank you! It's been great writing the report and reliving the memories.

13. mickeystoontown

The drive home ALWAYS seems so looooong! If we had a decent sized airport in our area, the airfare for us to fly might not be that bad. But, as it is, our airport is so small and we'd have to drive to a larger airport 2 1/2 hours away.

Hope you'll join in on the pre-trip report!

I am ready for it to get here and for us to meet ya'll!

I know! I'm so excited for our next trip! :cool1:

14. mickeystoontown

Actually, it's NOT over. :lmao: I've got the wrap-up to post. ;)

I said the same thing about the Mobile tunnel! Great minds think alike!

Pre-trip report just started!

We don't have any tunnels in our area at all with Mobile probably being the closest. I think it's super neat!

15. mickeystoontown

That's a neat thing for your mother to have kept! I bet the carpet was shag.

16. mickeystoontown

It was a great vacation! I loved almost every minute of it(can't forget the medication meltdown)!

And, here I am fussing about it being 50 today. I'm sure that you'd take that over snow right now.

Changed POR to POFQ. Will be posting details in my pre-trip report.

Our local weather also includes your area and I think about ya'll when they give Arkansas weather. We were going to come up your way a few weeks back when Cirque du Soliel was there. But, the timing wasn't right and we didn't make it.

It was a bittersweet moment! I was glad to be home but ready to go back to Disney already.

17. mickeystoontown

18. mickeystoontown

The Agony & The Ecstasy!

I started this trip report on June 11, 2012, and, now, 199 pages, almost 3,000 posts and 265,947 views later, it’s time to wrap it up! Wow! I can’t believe those numbers! Who would have ever thought it? I certainly never did! I'd like to give a great big THANK YOU to all of you who stuck it out with me, who relived the good and the bad with me and who laughed with me. I really do appreciate it!

I’m elated to post that there really isn’t much “agony” to write about other than the afternoon/night that went haywire on the cruise. That, though, was due to John’s medication change-over and his epilepsy and could have happened whether we were at home or on vacation. There were a few little blips like the poop smell that was in the air in our cruise stateroom, the rude castmember at Guest Relations and the fact that we didn’t get to visit with Christy for very long because John’s lingering problems.

The “ecstasy” is a whole different story! I could go on and on about the ecstasy moments like the fact that we took our very first cruise and sunned on a private island, that we were all together as a family at the Happiest Place on Earth, that we got to see Disney through Jesse’s first-timer eyes, that we pulled off the surprise of taking the family to see Cirque du Soliel and that we laughed until our sides ached many times over.

The memories that we made on this trip will forever live in our hearts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Great wrap up. I think you actually got this one done faster than normal too. You go girl. (as I putt putt along on mine)

You guys got some fabulous photo pass pictures and Jesse looks to have have a wonderful first trip.

20. ddstratton

ddstratton DIS Veteran

Awww.. Sad to see the end of this trip. Love your wrap-up though! I've already subbed to your Pre-Trip, so I'm looking forward to reading about your next adventures!

21. 407-W-DISNEY

407-W-DISNEY DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa
    Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. Your trip reports are the best! And I know I am not alone in saying you had me laughing out loud many times!

Looking forward to hearing all about your next trip!